W
L

FINAL

shocking isn't it?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Anybody care to tell me how much we paid for a defender who can't defend ? ???

Glen Johnson? That's harsh, because up until the point where he misstimed that jump, he was playing very well and made no mistakes whatsoever. If you really want to disect their goal, then the blame can be shared by Mascherano who let Forlan ghost past him from the right-back position after ball watching. We were always going to be undone at least once in this game. Our shortcomings are not in effort, or even ablity at times. It's our bench and the lack of a potent goal scorer.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Emerald Red wrote:First leg done us over. That's how vital it was to score a single goal away. This season is burnt and best to just forget about it now. Couldn't give a toss what happens on Sunday and it will actually be one of the first times that if we lose that I'll actually be not too fussed over and possibly even feeling good about it. That's a sad indictment and reflection on the overall state of us and the season that unfolded. We've a LOT of building to do and winning this trophy would have gone a long way in preparation to doing that. Gutted. Gutted for our fans. We deserved to at least have a little joy out of this nightmare season. F*ck it!

Worst of all mate, if Rafa stays, can you see it getting ANY better ?
He'll still sign dodgy players; he'll still make the daftest substitutions; he'll still take his notes and analyse (analyse what ?); and it won't make a blind bit of difference.
We were undone tonight by two glaring symptoms of his pigheadedness: a) signing a defender for 17M who can't defend, and b) using THAT 17M for a defender instead of having a Plan B at the OTHER end of the pitch.
Nobody looked like ripping them apart. We had a guy we could have played - purely out of necessity - in Babel upfront tonight, and instead he stuck with Kuyt...Pure unashamed pigheadedness...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red_guy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Hmmm are we sure we're out :D

???
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

we won that game. fair and square. we just got f.ucked because of that first leg. im thoroughly sad, but i cant imagine how the players must feel. they gave so much, and this was one of the few instances this season where they BLED for the shirt. they deserved to be in the final.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Anybody care to tell me how much we paid for a defender who can't defend ? ???

Come on give him some credit, he had a decent game playing out of position. Madrid hardly troubled us down that side all night
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Just want this season to be over already.

It is mate ...... it is

Yeah, true. But over over. Done. Dead. Gone. Buried. F*cked off! Forgotten. The end.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Glen Johnson? That's harsh, because up until the point where he misstimed that jump, he was playing very well and made no mistakes whatsoever. If you really want to disect their goal, then the blame can be shared by Mascherano who let Forlan ghost past him from the right-back position after ball watching. We were always going to be undone at least once in this game. Our shortcomings are not in effort, or even ablity at times. It's our bench and the lack of a potent goal scorer.

Fact: Johnson cannot defend. End of fact.
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Emerald Red wrote:It's a good thing this season happened on a World Cup year, because otherwise over the Summer, I'd be going nuts. At least it is something to look forward to now. Just want this season to be over already.

I wouldn't relax yet mate. We are all but out of the top 4 and still with not a pot to :censored: in. The vultures are going to be circling for the few players we have that we can call world class. This summer is going to be a nightmare if this Broughton guy doesn't pull his finger out soon.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Why the feck do people got straight to slagging off a player or manager as soon as the final whistle goes . Did you see the way the crowd reacted ?! The clapped and applauded the effort off the lads tonight and they did us proud , in the end we just fell short .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Fact: Johnson cannot defend. End of fact.

It's easier if you do it like this..

<fact>.....</fact>

:D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:It's a good thing this season happened on a World Cup year, because otherwise over the Summer, I'd be going nuts. At least it is something to look forward to now. Just want this season to be over already.

I wouldn't relax yet mate. We are all but out of the top 4 and still with not a pot to :censored: in. The vultures are going to be circling for the few players we have that we can call world class. This summer is going to be a nightmare if this Broughton guy doesn't pull his finger out soon.

Jaysus, it'd take a brave man to take a punt on some of our lot...Torres is half-crocked most of the season; Gerrard doesn't look like he's bothered half the time...
Masch is the only player I'd look to sign.
bunglemark2

Postby LFC ANIME » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:57 pm

red_guy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We gave it a good effort but in the end our lack of strength in depth was exposed and Madrid gained the upper half.

:down:   just look at our bench.. frustrating indeed.

First of all, brave effort from the lads, they knew the bench lacked quality and dug deep for the 120mins.  Gutted we had to go out at the semi-f. But lets look forward to next season I say.

Sunday would be interesting, to see the reaction of Rafa doing a parade around Anfield. I think the board waited to see if LFC could reach the final. After tonight's final hope of silverware shattered. I expect the board are having an important meeting as we speak, about a new manager.

P.S. Forlan you **** :@
Good luck to Fulham
LFC ANIME

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games