Man Utd V Liverpool - Europa 2nd Leg Thurs Mar 17th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby algymoon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 pm

It was a very good result against the scum, and all the players were very good apart from Clyne who proved to be weak, I just don't understand how this player is an England squad player!.

The next round is going to be tough, therefore the players need to play extremely well otherwise we will follow Spurs path!.

Good luck for Sunday, it is another tough game.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:45 pm

maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:OMG... we drew the best team left IMHO... The quality of team in spain falls sharply outside of Barca, Madrid and Athletico Madrid so I wasn't too wary about Atheltic Bilbao or Sevilla. But Dortmund just thrashed Spurs, who we know are above us in the table.

Having said that we gotta go past the best teams if we wanna win anything... So here's hoping Klopp knows how to beat his old team...

Yeah Dortmund thrashed Spurs but it was a Spurs team that contained the likes of Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Son and Chadli. Dortmund beat a side who's priorities obviously lie elsewhere.
We will be a completely different proposition, don't forget a couple of years ago we absolutely smashed a Dortmund side that contained the likes of Mkhitaryan, Piczceck, Ginter and Schmelzer (who all played last night) 4-0 in a pre-season game.
Don't forget either that Klopp knows their players inside out, he knows their strengths and their weaknesses and if anyone can put together a plan to beat them it's him.

The way our midfield plays at the moment though yakka... my confidence is thin against dortmund. I didn't understand how the mancs had so much time and space. If it weren't for Coutinho's magical moment, the game could have turned out alot different. We can't afford another midfield display like that against Dortmund that's for sure. There was no control nor authority on display.

Going to Old Trafford is not easy mate, even this season in the CL they beat the likes of CSKA Moscow and quarter finalists Wolfsburg at home, it was their away form that sank them.
Given the stick they took from their fans after their performance at our place there was always going to be a reaction from them and they threw the kitchen sink at us knowing that they had nothing to lose. Plenty of teams would have buckled under that pressure but we didn't.
I think this tie against Dortmund is a real 50/50 toss of a coin job and having home advantage in the second leg could prove crucial.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Even in he second leg our midfield did well for large parts and we were more of less comfortable. Dortmund game is going to be difficult. Our strength is in our work-rate and the momentum we have built over the past month or so. I would have preferred a home game first; similar to the Utd rationale. Form on our side and they wont go in too adventurous. If we could have gotten a lead similar to the one against UTD we would have been more than able to capitalize on spaces to hit them on the counter for the valuable away goal(s). Either way, I'd continue with the 4-2-3-1 ahead of the 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever that we seem to deploy when the likes of Lucas, Allen, or Milner are played centrally ahead of one of our attacking players.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Beating that lot is so so sweet  :nod  :nod  :buttrock

Dortmund next and it will be an emotional one for klopp. Having to return in his first season will be hard for him but we should benefit from his knowledge of the players and how they play  :nod

They beat spurs 3.0 there but pocchettino did field a weakened side.
We really need to score over there while keeping it tight so we have a great chance in Anfield. A scabby win or a score draw would be perfect  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:24 pm

C-R » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 pm wrote:, i would give my left ball to be able to goto the Dormund away leg

Ebay maybe  :lookaround

:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Can't wait for this.

We'll make a better show of it than Spurs reserves did that's for sure.

Wouldn't put it past us to knock them out, our record in big games under Klopp is excellent.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:14 am

United started with plenty of intent ,and the penalty seen the place come alive ,Coutinho's marvellous little dink over De Gea was pin drop time ,the place fell  silent as their Bangladeshi contingent buried their collective heads in their hands. It was that soon to be revered little phil  moment that 'The Theatre of Queens' was all ours.

Never has a goal at this ground been so celebrated so raucously by so few ,and then came the obligatory chants that accompany this famous old fixture ,United never grow wary of being as obnoxious as they can manage ,it beggars belief how so much ignorance can be accommodated in mouths that are usually filled with cock.

Next up Dortmund ,a harsh draw ,but this is a Livepool team fired by a manager that is learning from his mistakes ,and one that usually brings a competent game plan rather than just a shiny suit.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:48 am

Borussia Dortmand........ it was always meant to be  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:53 am

There's going to be a hell of a party over there.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:25 am

Over two legs I'd give us a good chance. First leg away is an advantage. Keep it tight and get an away goal or two. JOB DONE !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:44 pm

All my friends asked me at the time, how am I so confident that we'll beat Augsburg and asked the same when we played the mancs. I always told them one thing; Klopp HAS to face Dortmund this season! It was written in the stars, and it will be a true spectacle no doubt.

However, my confidence about us going forward in the competition stops here. Don't want to sound negative but Dortmund are a class above us in current form. Not saying that we'll definitely lose, but they're the favorites that's for sure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:12 pm

We didn't beat Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juve because we were the better team but because Rafa out thought them..... BELIEVE.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Reg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:12 pm wrote:We didn't beat Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juve because we were the better team but because Rafa out thought them..... BELIEVE.

Where's Rafa?  :kungfu:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 pm

eds » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 pm wrote:Rubbish 1st half the only one that has turned up today is Milner.

The rest have been average. Coutinho and Henderson need to come off before the 2nd half. Woeful. Utterly woeful.

I love reading some of these match threads after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20 and some of the comments during this match are classic fanatical stuff.
Here's my favourite by eds
  :wwww  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games