Villareal V Liverpool - Europa Semi 1st leg - Thurs 28 April

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 pm

If anyone thinks we'll turn them over at Anfield you might be mistaken.

This falls straight into a nightmare for us.

Well drilled organised team, backs to the wall, clinging onto a 1-0 lead.

This WON'T be like Dortmund (who needed to score) or United,  who actually try and play some kind of football.

The teams we struggle most with is a team that's back to the walls defending holding on for dear life.

I've seen it far too often.  They were p1ss poor tonight and were there for the taking..

I'm devastated we didn't score there. I can't understand why sturridge didn't come on with 15 left
Kopite-Jud

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:25 pm

I think given the performance of Villareal we got off lightly with only conceding one ,I thought their play in general was quick and at times very precise ,I think we need to score early to shake the tie up . Lets face facts here Liverpool couldn't play any worse than they did tonight. Lallana is a complete waste of space it was his lack of composure that set Villareal on their way to the winner ,when all is said and done they played the better football and we stood and watched. 

It will be a completely different game at Anfield ,that much is certain ,but we need to hit them hard from the off.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:47 pm

This should put an end to the whole leaving your best player on the bench for tactical reasons garbage.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 am

We just had one of our greatest victories in Europe about a fortnight ago and some of you on here are carrying on like pork chops.  :no

Yes we didn't get a result but we had our chances AWAY. We will have a stack of chances at home and with our home crowd behind us, will push for another result.

This is Villareal we are talking about, not Barcelona, not Madrid or Bayern Munich. They are beatable.

FFS some you need to be slapped silly, you are acting like hysterical women.

Man up and get behind Klopp and your team, I personally can't wait for next week.  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:29 am

Just seen the game, we can beat these no problem. Soft goal, totally unnecessary and would say undeserved so now we have to get 2 at home. Secret will be to score early then take it from there.

No drama necessary, we can beat them.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:41 am

Reg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 am wrote:Just seen the game, we can beat these no problem. Soft goal, totally unnecessary and would say undeserved so now we have to get 2 at home. Secret will be to score early then take it from there.

No drama necessary, we can beat them.

I like your attitude Reg.
But what it is is an opportunity lost. You are right, we can beat Villlareal. We were intercepting them all the time, we won most 50-50 battles. They weren't even that physical. That's why we should've won this game at their turf. Now we go back with a disadvantage. With Dortmund, we went back with a slight advantage due to our away goal. Now we gotta hope we don't concede, which will become a mountain to climb.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:58 am

The post match press conference for last nights match*

*The quality is not fantastic, but all seem to be the same

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:17 am

54% possession and just three shots on target. Not good enough in a match where the home team gifted us so much of the ball and rarely pressed us.

We'll probably beat them at Anfield but my fear is they'll nick an away goal and put us out  :(

Can only hope I'm wrong and we have another stirring performance on a par with the Dortmund game, we're gonna need it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:55 am

If there was ever an example of showing the opposition too much respect this was it. They weren't even that good a side, they were there for the taking which just makes is much more frustrating than a 1:0 loss would have been prior. They quite a compact unit and like a counter attack so I think we've got a game on our hands next week.

So many crosses with nobody to get on the end of them, Benteke would have been ideal if he was brought on earlier. Why didn't Sturridge come one? Reading some of Klopp's post match quotes seem to suggest he's taking responsibility for it
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:02 am

Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:55 am wrote:If there was ever an example of showing the opposition too much respect this was it. They weren't even that good a side, they were there for the taking which just makes is much more frustrating than a 1:0 loss would have been prior. They quite a compact unit and like a counter attack so I think we've got a game on our hands next week.

So many crosses with nobody to get on the end of them, Benteke would have been ideal if he was brought on earlier. Why didn't Sturridge come on?

They are a VERY good team and got the respect they deserved I really don't get this hot air balloon talks. All Villareal games are played like that patient orgenized disciplined looking for the opposition mistake. We nearly got away with a result.

I agree Sturridge should have been introduced 2nd half but it wasn't a shocker.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:02 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:55 am wrote:If there was ever an example of showing the opposition too much respect this was it. They weren't even that good a side, they were there for the taking which just makes is much more frustrating than a 1:0 loss would have been prior. They quite a compact unit and like a counter attack so I think we've got a game on our hands next week.

So many crosses with nobody to get on the end of them, Benteke would have been ideal if he was brought on earlier. Why didn't Sturridge come on?

They are a VERY good team and got the respect they deserved I really don't get this hot air balloon talks. All Villareal games are played like that patient orgenized disciplined looking for the opposition mistake. We nearly got away with a result.

They probably are a very good side given how comfortably they sit in La Liga but they showed nothing last night that backed that up. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably have take a 1:0 defeat (or a score draw) before the match because I expected a much tougher test but the manner in which this one has been dealt makes it a little bitter to swallow
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:52 am

And yes Fck that Blue nose Ahole which took out Origi the one player we needed the most
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:01 am

only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:52 am wrote:And yes Fck that Blue nose Ahole which took out Origi the one player we needed the most

:nod  :nod

still think we will rip these apart next week, JK made a mistake not playing Sturridge, Firmino should have been off, we could all see it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm

only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:02 am wrote:

If you look at the whole thread, you're probably the only one who thinks this mate. I don't think it's hot air balloon talks. I don't think anyone is also saying they are not patient organized disciplined defensive etc etc side.

But if you watched the game carefully, they were there for the taking. They didn't have the intensity of even the premier league's bottom teams. We were winning almost all of 50-50 balls. We were intercepting their attacks easily. We were comfortable, very comfortable. Like Woof said they gifted us the ball and rarely pressed us. They were neat but so what? They were like a team full of Joe Allens. We weren't under pressure like against BD. We just didn't have the edge up front with Firmino leading the line and later on Coutinho getting ill/ injured. Sturridge would've made alot of difference, he would have either scored or breeched their defense with a tricky play of him. He was on a roll.

Sometimes we have to call a spade a spade... Klopp lost it for the first leg...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Spot on by Macca, Villareal is 4th in the league but they didn't play like a team that's 4th in the league that night. We missed the opportunity.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games