Liverpool V Man Utd - Europa 1st Leg Thurs Mar 10th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Should have been more but 2 nil should see us through to the semi's.   :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:14 am

Let's keep our feet on the ground lads, Liverpool can easily ship 2 goals against anyone never mind Ure at trafford so we'll have to be up for this one..... No room for error whatsoever.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:23 am

C-R » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:11 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm wrote:If it weren't for De Gea and our dire finishing the reverse fixture wouldn't have been interesting.

Jokes aside, should have been more than just 2-0 but a two goal cushion is a good result. Anything below and it would have been tricky. Anyway, enough time to prepare for OT. We're one foot through to the next round but we shouldn't get relaxed. A professional 0-0 will be good enough.

the 2 nil is great, but for me the clean sheet was just as important for us, that is worth a goal

Yep, spot on, the clean sheet was crucial.
One goal in a two legged tie can seem trivial but the difference between 2-0 and 2-1 is massive, United now have to score at least 3 goals to progress to the next round where as if they'd managed to sneak a goal there tonight a 1-0 home win would have done them in the second leg.
The tie is not over (they have beaten us 3-0 at Old Trafford before) but quite frankly if we blow it from this position we deserve to go out. United will be playing under tremendous pressure next week, they obviously have got to attack but at the same time they will know that if they concede even 1 goal then they are as good as out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:39 am

FCK YEA !  Fantastic.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 am wrote:
C-R » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:11 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm wrote:If it weren't for De Gea and our dire finishing the reverse fixture wouldn't have been interesting.

Jokes aside, should have been more than just 2-0 but a two goal cushion is a good result. Anything below and it would have been tricky. Anyway, enough time to prepare for OT. We're one foot through to the next round but we shouldn't get relaxed. A professional 0-0 will be good enough.

the 2 nil is great, but for me the clean sheet was just as important for us, that is worth a goal

Yep, spot on, the clean sheet was crucial.
One goal in a two legged tie can seem trivial but the difference between 2-0 and 2-1 is massive, United now have to score at least 3 goals to progress to the next round where as if they'd managed to sneak a goal there tonight a 1-0 home win would have done them in the second leg.
The tie is not over (they have beaten us 3-0 at Old Trafford before) but quite frankly if we blow it from this position we deserve to go out. United will be playing under tremendous pressure next week, they obviously have got to attack but at the same time they will know that if they concede even 1 goal then they are as good as out.

I'd play Origi and Firmino in the 2nd leg and hit them on the counter...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 am

What, no Sturridge?

Why not hit them from the off and try and put them on the back foot? Steal a third.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 am

Reg » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:59 pm wrote:What, no Sturridge?

Why not hit them from the off and try and put them on the back foot? Steal a third.

Yea if we scored 1 there they need 4. I can't see that side putting 4 past anybody right now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 am

Reg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:59 am wrote:What, no Sturridge?

Mate... When have we ever looked comfortable pressing the opposition for an extended period of time without scoring? We can press no doubt. But our defense will be exposed and they could score on the counter. Today's game, we got the penalty and that settled the team's nerves. Here we have an opportunity because they have to come at us to score and we will have lots of space on the counter. Sturridge hasn't looked impressive when countering. Whereas Origi and Firmino are very mobile players and can be very effective on the counter. Sturridge is very good when we keep pressure in the opponents half because he had these tricky moves. I agree the aim is to score an away goal and we can do that by counter attacking. Counter attacking doesn't mean that we play defensive. It just means that we absorb their pressure and hit them on the break. I personally think that this is what Klopp will do.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:27 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:34 am

Let's not beat around the bush, we should have spanked them 4-0.

Coutinho should have buried that golden opportunity he had in the 1st half and Henderson just needs to stop side footing his shots into fkn Row Z. 

He has had a few of those this season, and he simply doesn't know how to score........ :no

Can't believe this dross is 6th in the league, they are absolute rubbish under Van Gaal. How they manage to beat us twice this season beggars belief.

Worst Manure side of the last 30 years for sure. Yeah we won 2-0 but this tie should have been dead and buried by now.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:56 am

and here is the post match full press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:58 am

What a night ,voice has completely gone ,feels like I've been necking diesel oil ,but what a night !!!!! Crying off those Mancs who thought they could drown out YNWA  :laugh:

Every player in red was up for that ,Firmino was fucking sensational ,and the way he ripped two United defenders that were attempting to close him down with that drag back was
wet dream time. Big shout out for Joe Allen who when introduced played like a fucking gladiator ,and how fucking good was Sakho.

Just buzzing my tits off with that first leg  :D  :D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 am

Thought Sakho was poor meself...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:58 pm wrote:Just buzzing my tits off  :D  :D  :D

I'm not sure I'd like to see that Red....  :no
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 am

Great performance from our lads, pity we didn't completely bury the scum on the night but at least the grave is prepared.

Been pmsl looking at the whinging in Utd forums , some of it not without humour one wag on Red Cafe says

Lallana looks like fecken iniesta ATM.

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games