Man Utd V Liverpool - Europa 2nd Leg Thurs Mar 17th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:28 pm

The four best sides left in the tournament have drawn each other which means that if you are one of those four clubs and you get past this round you have a great chance of winning the thing.
At least we have home advantage second leg which could prove crucial, as Chelsea found out in 2005 and 2007 Anfield is probably the last stadium in Europe where you want to play a return leg, our fans our miserable so and so's 90% of the time but for big European nights the flags, scarves and songs come out en masse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:35 pm

would have preferred to meet Dortmund in the later stage (semis or the Final) of the tournament, but then I'll say...bring them on

Maybe a few of their players will get a taste of Anfield's atmosphere and might want to come this Summer?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Dortmund are extremely good...I'm more than a little worred. Not just for us, but for Klopp....am sure it will be an emotional return for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Santa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm wrote:would have preferred to meet Dortmund in the later stage (semis or the Final) of the tournament, but then I'll say...bring them on

Maybe a few of their players will get a taste of Anfield's atmosphere and might want to come this Summer?

It would be nice if we could snag a few of their players but mate their stadium is bigger than ours and deffo doesn't lack atmosphere

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 pm wrote:Dortmund are extremely good...I'm more than a little worred. Not just for us, but for Klopp....am sure it will be an emotional return for him.

I'd love to know what his reaction is to this. One things for certain, he's adored in both grounds.

YNWA will be brilliant  :nod
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 pm

The Dortmund tie was written in the stars, was always gonna happen, i would give my left ball to be able to goto the Dormund away leg
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 pm

OMG... we drew the best team left IMHO... The quality of team in spain falls sharply outside of Barca, Madrid and Athletico Madrid so I wasn't too wary about Atheltic Bilbao or Sevilla. But Dortmund just thrashed Spurs, who we know are above us in the table.

Having said that we gotta go past the best teams if we wanna win anything... So here's hoping Klopp knows how to beat his old team...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:05 pm

C-R » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:53 pm wrote:The Dortmund tie was written in the stars, was always gonna happen, i would give my left ball to be able to goto the Dormund away leg

Sometimes I do think that they rig these draws to create more interest, to boost tv ratings etc...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Klopptomaniac » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:53 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 pm wrote:Dortmund are extremely good...I'm more than a little worred. Not just for us, but for Klopp....am sure it will be an emotional return for him.

I'd love to know what his reaction is to this. One things for certain, he's adored in both grounds.

YNWA will be brilliant  :nod

Agreed, but would have preferred for us to meet them a year or two down the line in the CL. Will be a big match for Klopp, taking his latest work in progress to his previous team which he built pretty much from nothing. WIll be one of those special games where both sets of fans will show equal love for the manager. Not many of those games anymore...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:17 pm

C-R » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:53 pm wrote:The Dortmund tie was written in the stars, was always gonna happen, i would give my left ball to be able to goto the Dormund away leg

Be careful what you wish for.  :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Wouldnt want it any other way. The winners of this tie and the seville-bilbao will like their chances. Game against Dortmund will be a real test of whether the side we have now has what it takes to play in the top European competition. Let's see how it goes !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:18 pm

maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:OMG... we drew the best team left IMHO... The quality of team in spain falls sharply outside of Barca, Madrid and Athletico Madrid so I wasn't too wary about Atheltic Bilbao or Sevilla. But Dortmund just thrashed Spurs, who we know are above us in the table.

Having said that we gotta go past the best teams if we wanna win anything... So here's hoping Klopp knows how to beat his old team...

Yeah Dortmund thrashed Spurs but it was a Spurs team that contained the likes of Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Son and Chadli. Dortmund beat a side who's priorities obviously lie elsewhere.
We will be a completely different proposition, don't forget a couple of years ago we absolutely smashed a Dortmund side that contained the likes of Mkhitaryan, Piczceck, Ginter and Schmelzer (who all played last night) 4-0 in a pre-season game.
Don't forget either that Klopp knows their players inside out, he knows their strengths and their weaknesses and if anyone can put together a plan to beat them it's him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 pm

They are a much better side than us but we'll give it a good go and it's going to one hell of a tie. Knocking Man Utd out and now a big game against Dortmund. This Europa League ain't too bad!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:32 pm

They are very slick and do pressing on steroids basically.  Obviously JK knows a lot of the players and the inside info will help and expecting two good games.

Think we will will have to play out of our skins to get past them to be honest but looking forward to it none the less. Basically they are pretty much what we should be like after a few years of JK at us.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:OMG... we drew the best team left IMHO... The quality of team in spain falls sharply outside of Barca, Madrid and Athletico Madrid so I wasn't too wary about Atheltic Bilbao or Sevilla. But Dortmund just thrashed Spurs, who we know are above us in the table.

Yeah Dortmund thrashed Spurs but it was a Spurs team that contained the likes of Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Son and Chadli. Dortmund beat a side who's priorities obviously lie elsewhere.
We will be a completely different proposition, don't forget a couple of years ago we absolutely smashed a Dortmund side that contained the likes of Mkhitaryan, Piczceck, Ginter and Schmelzer (who all played last night) 4-0 in a pre-season game.
Don't forget either that Klopp knows their players inside out, he knows their strengths and their weaknesses and if anyone can put together a plan to beat them it's him.

The way our midfield plays at the moment though yakka... my confidence is thin against dortmund. I didn't understand how the mancs had so much time and space. If it weren't for Coutinho's magical moment, the game could have turned out alot different. We can't afford another midfield display like that against Dortmund that's for sure. There was no control nor authority on display.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games