Liverpool V Man Utd - Europa 1st Leg Thurs Mar 10th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 am

We have no Premier League matches or any other matches for 2 weeks and it is more than fair to say that this 2 legged Europa League tie against Man Utd are our biggest matches in a Long Long time, for me personally (not all will agree) bigger than the Capital One Cup final

We will have plenty of rest for both these matches, so tiredness cannot be used as an excuse for any negative results, we have an almost entirely fit squad to select from

Yes, they have done the double over us in the league this season, but just remember that their keeper was man of the match on both occasions, they are a very poor side with their own injury problems, make NO mistake, they are there for the taking and we owe them BIG time

I am not 100% sure why Sturridge was not used against Palace, it now looks like a genius move by JK as it was Benteke who won us the match with the final kick of the ball

The really hard part of JK's job really kicks in now, as in a huge selection dilemma, especially in the AM positions, all 3 of Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana are in very good form, in fact Lallana probably playing his best football since he joined us

In central midfield Emre Can has been an immense player for us most of the time, although who he is partnered with doesn't always do him any favours when he ends up doing their jobs for them as well

The defence should pick itself for this one, Moreno sadly at left back (Flanno not in the squad), Sakho, Lovren and Clyne

The central midfield will more than likely be Can, Henderson and Milner again

But JK's conundrum is as I said in those AM and striker positions, Origi has done well BUT... Sturridge is (i think) as close to 100% fit as he will ever be, Benteke's confidence will up after his winner, or will JK flood the AM positions and play Firmino as a false number 9, we have real options at the moment

There are ZERO excuses for our players not being ready nor up for this match, Man Utd are poor and there for the taking, no more of this De Gea man of the match and they nick a goal bull$hit, we get at them, we press, we do to them what we did to City last week

We will win this match, we owe them in the worst way, let's do this  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Sturridge has to start - no brainer. Benteke on the bench - for the plan b. No doubt Hendo/Can/Milner will feature, Lucas in defense.

I'd hope we have enough to put at least 3 past them. If Courtinho/Firminho/Sturridge can click.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:41 pm wrote:Sturridge has to start - no brainer. Benteke on the bench - for the plan b. No doubt Hendo/Can/Milner will feature, Lucas in defense.

I'd hope we have enough to put at least 3 past them. If Courtinho/Firminho/Sturridge can click.

Sadly Lucas is out for up to 6 weeks mate, he injured himself when he took his penalty :( 

But agree with the rest of your comments
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:36 pm

C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:58 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:41 pm wrote:Sturridge has to start - no brainer. Benteke on the bench - for the plan b. No doubt Hendo/Can/Milner will feature, Lucas in defense.

Sadly Lucas is out for up to 6 weeks mate, he injured himself when he took his penalty :( 

But agree with the rest of your comments

Why would you put Hendo back again (And sadly he will start)? Really this lad offers us nothing...Why Not Allen? Why not Lallana?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Fear not earthlings, Kloppo has a cunning plan......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:08 pm wrote:Fear not earthlings, Kloppo has a cunning plan......

this  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Every time we play this shower of shyte I always think we are going to hand it to them but don't  :(  They are really poor and have a side full of kids so we should really look to put the game beyond them in this leg.

I'd go with.

Mingy.

Clyne                 Toure/sakho           Lovren             Flanagan

Can

Milner                     Coutinho            Firmino

Benteke              Sturridge.

It will be interesting to see how foreign officials handle this tie as well.

Go all out at home is our best chance  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:32 pm wrote:Every time we play this shower of shyte I always think we are going to hand it to them but don't  :(  They are really poor and have a side full of kids so we should really look to put the game beyond them in this leg.

I'd go with.

Mingy.

Clyne                 Toure/sakho           Lovren             Flanagan

Can

Milner                     Coutinho            Firmino

Benteke              Sturridge.

It will be interesting to see how foreign officials handle this tie as well.

Go all out at home is our best chance  :buttrock

Flanagan wasn't included in the Europa League squad mate, Caulker was picked instead.
At the time the squad had to be announced Jurgen said he had one fit CB so he included Caulker as an insurance policy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Go all out against this shower of s**t and put 3 or 4 past them in the first 30 minutes.

If we don't win handsomely against this mob, I will be f**king livid.

They are playing horrendous football at the moment and the fact that they somehow did the double over us should be more than enough to SUPER CHARGE any player that goes out to play against them in a few days time.

C'mon you redmen. FIRE UP.

:buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:25 am

How typical of us would it be of we dominate like we usually do and somehow mannure take awayva 1-0 lead.
I really hope we smash these clowns. Were due a victory against them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 am

I expect Coutinho to come off the bench for this one. Can, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge. Back 4 is the big question. I'd continue with Lovren Sakho in Cb and have Clyne Moreno at FB.

I expect a score draw with us winning at Old trafford to progress.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Here is the full pre match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:25 pm

James Milner a slight doubt for the match, he has a virus, JK says will make a decision tomorrow morning
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:26 pm

redshade » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 am wrote:How typical of us would it be of we dominate like we usually do and somehow mannure take away 1-0 lead.

It wouldn't surprise me if that did happen tbh, no matter how well we play against this mob fate always seems to find a way of kicking us in the proverbials.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:28 am

A combination of what I think Jurgen will play and what I would play:

Mignolet

Clyne    Lovren     Sakho   Moreno

Can
                         Henderson          Milner

Coutinho

Sturridge    Firmino

I think that's the best back 4 we can field at the moment (bar Moreno for Flanagan maybe, but Flanno wasn't listed) so it's a no-brainer there. Midfield, I'd drop Henderson but that's not going to happen so we'll have to live with that. If Milner is ill Lallana should come in his place. Attack, that's the tricky one for me. Do we start Sturridge and Coutinho from the off or do we keep them as an impact sub? What about Origi? What about Big Ben? Plenty of options there but I'd play it like above.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games