liverpool v anji makhachkala thurs 25/10 KO 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Anji were sh!t but that team we put out was far too inexperienced, I don't understand why he didn't play assaidi from the start as he terrorised them in the first game and its not as if he is a 1st team regular
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Another Liverpool game and another defeat.

They could have played until next year and still not scored.

Its the young pups and stiffs eleven but we just dont win enough games anymore period
or pose a goal threat.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:56 pm

out of all that team.. . Cole  and Henderson should be replaced in January.  they are sheet.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 pm wrote:Anji were sh!t but that team we put out was far too inexperienced, I don't understand why he didn't play assaidi from the start as he terrorised them in the first game and its not as if he is a 1st team regular

Suso too. None of the kids really let themselves down, but Anzhi were awful, and there for the taking. No problems with resting players, but he could've easily put a better team out.

Oh well, Young Boys are leading Udinese, so we are still second as it stands, we can still qualify.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Raoul » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:01 pm wrote:
Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 pm wrote:Anji were sh!t but that team we put out was far too inexperienced, I don't understand why he didn't play assaidi from the start as he terrorised them in the first game and its not as if he is a 1st team regular

Suso too. None of the kids really let themselves down, but Anzhi were awful, and there for the taking. No problems with resting players, but he could've easily put a better team out.

Oh well, Young Boys are leading Udinese, so we are still second as it stands, we can still qualify.

yes it was the so called experienced players like Cole, Shelvey and Henderson that let the team down tonight.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm

redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm wrote:out of all that team.. . Cole  and Henderson should be replaced in January.  they are sheet.

Noone will pay for Cole, and they certainly wont give him anything close to the wages he is getting at liverpool. We are most likely stuck with him until his contract ends.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 pm

thought the lads gave a good account of themselves, russia has always been a tough place to go to and get a result.
i thought henderson should have put his foot through the ball in the first half when morgan put him clean through, nothing wrong with squaring it if your team mate has got a tap in but the pass wasnt on!
jones was in no mans land for the goal but he did make a couple of good saves and suso looks a different player when he`s played central.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 pm wrote:i thought henderson should have put his foot through the ball in the first half when morgan put him clean through, nothing wrong with squaring it if your team mate has got a tap in but the pass wasnt on!

Thing is he didn't need to put his foot through it, drop his shoulder and take it round the keeper, the keeper was already starting to go to his right, henderson was looking to pass the ball from the moment he went through, he was looking across and could see the pass wasn't on but just wouldn't take the responsibility.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Young Boys beat Udinese 3-2
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Boocity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 pm wrote:i thought henderson should have put his foot through the ball in the first half when morgan put him clean through, nothing wrong with squaring it if your team mate has got a tap in but the pass wasnt on!

Thing is he didn't need to put his foot through it, drop his shoulder and take it round the keeper, the keeper was already starting to go to his right, henderson was looking to pass the ball from the moment he went through, he was looking across and could see the pass wasn't on but just wouldn't take the responsibility.

by going round the keeper he may have found himself at a tight angle and running out of pitch but trying to square it to no one was the worst option of the lot.
he had another reasonable chance at the end which he ballooned over the bar as well.
but as i said russia has always been a tough place to go and get a result and i thought the lads more than matched anzhi.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Yong Boys won and Udinese lost. Would have preferred a draw but this is fine as well. Now we must defeat Yong Boys at home and a draw against Udinese would be enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 pm

thought we played a lot better than i expected beforehand although there was a distinct lack of cutting edge again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 pm

stmichael » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm wrote:thought we played a lot better than i expected beforehand although there was a distinct lack of cutting edge again.

while watching the sad game tonight a thought just crept in ,we are slowly but surely turning to a team which doesn't believe it can win ,we go into the game expecting to lose. Once we had the mentality of winners that no matter what happens we would come out on top but this days....You just expect to lose. The players have no belief in themselves and that is projected all over the place.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I don't think we played that badly considering the lineup we put out. Coates was at fault for the goal, not Brad Jones who had a really good game with the save from eto'o being especially sharp. I think he's playing better than Reina at the moment and should keep his starting role for the Chelsk game. I don't think Shelvey or Henderson (besides not shooting when he was clean on goal) had bad games. Assaidi really should have started.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 pm

damjan193 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm wrote:Yong Boys won and Udinese lost. Would have preferred a draw but this is fine as well. Now we must defeat Yong Boys at home and a draw against Udinese would be enough.

Lol  only this and only that. Udinese are a good team and young boys just beat Udinese. So dont give it all this no problem we will get through rubbish. We are winning feckall at the minute.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games