Villareal V Liverpool - Europa Semi 1st leg - Thurs 28 April

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Mon May 02, 2016 3:10 pm

eds » Mon May 02, 2016 10:50 am wrote:Remind me again what Villareal has won in their illustrious history?

The way you are carrying would make anyone believe they are about to win La Liga and the CL.

So they got lucky against Madrid. Pity they have lost to world beaters Levante (dead last), Getafe CF (2nd last) and Rayo Vallecano (4th last) this season.

Also Barcelona spanked them 3-0 at the Nou Camp, so not sure which flog on here started that myth.

Here is where I would say something about being selective in picking results, but hey.......  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp 

If our lads focus on on Thursday, we have every chance of advancing to the final.

And please don't try and compare the used car sales man to Klopp, it's fkn embarrassing reading that rubbish on here. 
:laugh:

Ffs if there as bad as you're making them out to be then Klopp should be sacked for not thrashing them 10 nil  :rasp

Sorry they only managed a draw with Barca at home and not at the Nue Camp. I guess they probably just got lucky again!

I'm not actually sure I was comparing KLOPP with RODGERS bu hey ho reading has never been your strong point !! More of an observation than a comparison. There is a subtle difference but you don't do subtlety  :laugh:
Last edited by devaney on Mon May 02, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey guys, feel free to debate (argue) on the 2nd leg thread liverpool-fc-games/liverpool-v-villareal-europa-semi-2nd-leg-thurs-5th-may-t31401.html
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 02, 2016 6:32 pm

devaney » Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 am wrote:RBG - who knows you maybe right but all the love in the world doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Kloppo's greatest night. The performance against BD was absolutely legendary and it may well have to be equalled  against VR and that will not be easy against a team with a far better defence than Dortmund.

I just hope that your enthusiasm for Kloppo's questionable first leg tactics remains intact after Thursday night.

Any enthusiasm I have is for the game on Thursday mate ,and for Klopp now being at the helm ,the game in question is now firmly planted in the past. Villarreal are a good well drilled unit and God knows it wont be easy fella ,but the score  could have been a lot worse if we had pushed up, as they pressed the ball with far more urgency than us ,they just waited for a lapse of concentration, and in the closing minutes Lallana waltzed right through their doors with his arms full of gifts. 

Villarreal have already achieved Champions League football with a 2-0 win over Valencia ,so they will be travelling to our place on a high ,and we all know how over confidence can sometimes be a complete game changer ,lets hope these fuckerz believe its already won. I think we allowed them to dictate the pace in Spain and we afforded them the time to play their natural game ,and that wont be the case at Anfield I'm hoping its a 100 miles an hour and played at a pace that leaves them with
twisted blood.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon May 02, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Apart from the f*ck up in injury time that was a classic away performance in Europe. The sort of performance cup winning seasons are built on. Not sure how people can be bitching so much.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games