Man Utd V Liverpool - Europa 2nd Leg Thurs Mar 17th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:07 am

Well we are now at the half way point in this 2 legged blockbuster, I think we are all in agreement that it could and probably should have been double that score line and the tie finished, however good we were as a team and also as a stadium 2 nil is a very dangerous score line

Of course not conceding an away goal was a massive plus for us, it is huge, but an early goal for them will change the entire complexion of this second match

We have no Premier League matches or other match to distract us, while they face a very strong West Ham team in the FA Cup on sunday, which could work in our favour, all the little things add up, just like the potential banning of Fellaini, or so I hope

Tactically for Jurgen this is by far the biggest and most important since he has been at the club, he said in his press conference about treating this as a 0-0 and going for the win, which of course we should, but I feel a slightly more cautious approach with perhaps Joe Allen in that midfield as an 'extra' to flood their movement

We have a pretty much healthy and full squad to pick from, Skrtel played 60 minutes last night for the u21's with no ill affects and will be pushing, but even still that back 4 must stay in place, sadly Flannagan not being included is a big disappointment but in fairness Moreno was decent in the first leg with the exception of the one challenge he pulled out of

I would say go with the same team we started with in the first leg, or perhaps add in Joe Allen but at the expense of who ? I am not sure... We press, press, press, use our forwards to stretch and move their defenders around and hopefully grab a precious away goal, I expect far more from Sturridge in this match, his bedding back in must now surely be complete and he needs to deliver, this match is setup for him

The most important thing for me in my own mind is do not concede a goal and we win, end of....

I thought I would start this thread a couple of days early, it is a massive match and I am sure many will have a lot to say on this one, look forward to seeing the line up's suggested by other members

Come on Liverpool, let's finish the job, let's bury these dirty feckers and progress to the next round  :buttrock  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:32 pm

The most important thing for me in my own mind is do not concede a goal and we win, end of

Whereas I'm thinking if we score we win

We've gotta beat them to the punch   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:39 pm

nothing other than complete and utter humiliation will do for me. for them, preferably

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:39 am

Good to see Utd couldn't cope with the Hammers and only equalised in the 83rd minute. They must dread every game, clearly they haven't been shocked into a new rythmn after the Anfield game so lets hope they go into the return on thursday equally unsure. An FA cup replay will also harm their league run in as well. Looks good....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 am

...and they only equalized because that dirty Swinesteiger wiped the goalie out into his own net so Martian could tap it in. Bunch of dirty shithouses that need bringing down a peg or 3. Shadow of any Utd team I can remember so get about them and put another 2 past them in the first half then watch as they hack and chop and foul us.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Liverpool have been handed a major boost ahead of Thursday night with UEFA revealing that Fellaini is available to play.

BUT.... no action be taken against the sick chants from the scum fans  :no  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

From the Manc forum, general acceptance that they are in a terrible state:

I think we all knew that West Ham were going to be pretty tough to beat even at OT, so today's result isn't that much of a shock. I think I had a 1-1 result, a lucky guess, but I never saw us winning this match handily as we should.

Disappointments for me:

Starting Fellaini. He's dreadful and it boggles the mind that LVG continues to play him.

Relying too heavily on two defensive midfielders. We're getting, well, hammered by lesser teams on set pieces, not open play. There's no need to be so defensive when defending in open play isn't our problem.

Not giving Januzaj and Pereira a chance. They're not the magic bullet, but they've earned the right to play in games like this.

Misusing Blind. Blind has done well for most of the season in an unnatural position, but with Rojo and Darmian back why not use Blind as a left sided midfielder instead of a CB? Hell, we could even use him as a second defensive mid if a 4231 formation is absolutely critical.

Lack of intensity. Nothing new here and I'm sure fatigue is setting in with players like Blind who's played almost every match this season and Carrick, who's old now, but the "philosophy" has robbed the players of their will to fight. They're more interested in pointless sideways passes than creating chances on goal.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

you mean isn't available to play?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Who?  Phil Jones, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young, Will Keane and Luke Shaw ruled out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:12 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 am

UEFA/FIFA are so publically inconsistent...... they compromise their integrity every time by ignoring common sense.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:26 am

Fallaini is a dirty b@stard, elbows someone every match. I cannot for the life of me understand why he does not get more red cards. He is so clearly a dirty player.

I hope we humiliate those Scum.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:24 am

Fellaini or no Fellaini, we are going to beat them again in my opinion. My only slight worry is some of the times we've just not shown up this season like 0-3 v West Ham and Watford away. But against the big sides under Klopp we've generally turned up and played well. Even an average performance from us should see us through, but if we play like we have been recently I can see us win by a few goals again.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 pm

kazza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 am wrote:Fallaini is a dirty b@stard, elbows someone every match. I cannot for the life of me understand why he does not get more red cards. He is so clearly a dirty player.

I hope we humiliate those Scum.

What makes me laugh is that they've pretty much banned hard tackling but they allow him to elbow players in the face practically every week! A bit of a Hobson's choice I know but if it was a straight choice between a broken leg or a smashed eye socket I know which one I'd prefer.
If football was generally a tough, physical sport like it was years ago you could maybe accept flailing elbows as part of the game but as I said in every other respect they've practically turned it into a non contact sport, every single week you see players get sent off for 2 trivial yellow card offences yet he seemingly flings his arms at all points of the compass with impunity.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:31 pm

oh no  :no

The World Cup's "worst" ref to take charge of Manchester United v Liverpool on Thursday!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11042222
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games