LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 15 aug 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:Id say it will be something like this......

Dont think Roy will risk Torres, but maybe he'll be on the bench.

Remember that Robbie Fowler 9 minute hat-trick all those years ago?

How we could do with a "Robbie" type display from someone tomorrow.

A central midfield of Aquilani and Gerrard would not fill me with confidence against Arsenal.  Pair Stevie with either Masch or Poulsen.  Ans, yes, I'd take Lucas over Aquilani in that position.

I agree with you, but Mascherano has no intention of playing for us, and Poulsen will need time to settle imo. Also Aquillani is ahead of Lucas for me.

Maybe swap Stevie as a DM for Aquillani as an AM...
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am

Daily Telegraph:

Regardless, Hodgson is remaining firmly grounded and he attempted to ensure his club’s naturally ebullient fans did the same.

“After six or seven training sessions with our key players, I would say it is pretty obvious we are a long, long way from teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea,” he said. “They have been working under the same coach for at least a season and, in the case of Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson for 10s of years.

“I would not pretend that after seven training sessions we are going to be anything like the team I hope we will be. But I would be very disappointed if at the end of the season the fans said this team did not do that, that this team did not work or try hard.”
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:14 am

1-0 to the mighty redsssssssssssssssssssss !

Hope Pepe and Torres get to show off their WC winners medals prior to kick off.. would give a grt buzz to preceedings !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:49 am

Reg wrote:Daily Telegraph:

Regardless, Hodgson is remaining firmly grounded and he attempted to ensure his club’s naturally ebullient fans did the same.

“After six or seven training sessions with our key players, I would say it is pretty obvious we are a long, long way from teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea,” he said. “They have been working under the same coach for at least a season and, in the case of Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson for 10s of years.

“I would not pretend that after seven training sessions we are going to be anything like the team I hope we will be. But I would be very disappointed if at the end of the season the fans said this team did not do that, that this team did not work or try hard.”

:buttrock

100% every time Roy...that is all!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 am

I heard that Arsenal still rate Liverpool as one of the big dangers for the season..  1-0 to us.
Redx

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 am

Redx wrote:I heard that Arsenal still rate Liverpool as one of the big dangers for the season..  1-0 to us.

Good to hear :cool:

Who do you mean exactly when you say "Arsenal", and how do you know they feel that way?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:01 am

Espionage wrote:
Redx wrote:I heard that Arsenal still rate Liverpool as one of the big dangers for the season..  1-0 to us.

Who do you mean exactly when you say "Arsenal", and how do you know they feel that way?

The quote was from a daily paper..
Redx

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:08 am

Thank god the new season is finally here. Life suddenly makes so much more sense.
With Arsenal definitely missing Djourou, Bendtner, Ramsey and Song and with RVP, Cesc, Denilson and Diaby all doubtful this is a great opportunity to get the season off to a good start.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:58 am

We're favourites with most bookies
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 am

Reg wrote:Daily Telegraph:

I think Roy's playing it down a little which is a good thing IMO. What he says to his players in the dressing room on matchday will be another thing.  :;): And it's good he isn't giving us false promises.

I think the important thing this season is to get the morale back to where it needs to be in order to challenge for cups and leagues etc. The players will need to start enjoying themselves again and play some expressive football which will enhance their demeanours.

With Roy 'playing it down' I'm hoping it's a sign that the players will go out and play as though they've got nothing to loose. A new fresh mentality inside the club is a good as a quality signing.

C'mon Reds!  :buttrock
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:24 am

Redx wrote:
Espionage wrote:

The quote was from a daily paper..

It's lazy journalism if that's what they wrote.. the statement doesn't really mean anything.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am

i'm feeling strangely confident about this one. the first game of the season is often like a cup game and very hard to predict, no one is in their stride yet and the form book from the previous season is out the window. i fancy the current feel good factor around anfield (at least as far as on field activities are concerned) will see us through to a one goal win.

the guardian today has highlights of some of the best liverpool and arsenal encounters over the years. some good times, and a couple of bad ones too. from mcmahon's 20 yard header, to fowlers penalty sportsmanship and the unbearable michael thomas moment. something always seems to happen in this fixture.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 am

andy_g wrote:i'm feeling strangely confident about this one. the first game of the season is often like a cup game and very hard to predict, no one is in their stride yet and the form book from the previous season is out the window. i fancy the current feel good factor around anfield (at least as far as on field activities are concerned) will see us through to a one goal win.

the guardian today has highlights of some of the best liverpool and arsenal encounters over the years. some good times, and a couple of bad ones too. from mcmahon's 20 yard header, to fowlers penalty sportsmanship and the unbearable michael thomas moment. something always seems to happen in this fixture.

I was looking around for that Fowler clip where he claims it wasn't a penalty, but no success.

It was before my time, but I'd like to see it if anyone has a link to it.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 am

here you go - bad sound though...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Cheers, I am actually watching him right now - Melbourne Victory vs. Perth Glory.

He still shows flashes of class.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games