So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:56 pm

Keep Zenden as a left winger and get Kewell out?  I think that's a tad unfair.  Has everyone forgotten what an average winger Zenden is? Kewell's improved 200% this year and is an important player for us.  I'd sell Zenden before Kewell.... ???
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:08 pm

stmichael wrote:personally i think defoe will be a liverpool player next season. he's exactly the kind of ruthless finisher we need and he's too good to be sitting on the bench at spurs week in week out. in terms of who the right winger will be i quite frankly have no idea.

as for players leaving, everyone knows who they will be. cisse, morientes, dudek, traore to name but four.

Would love to see Defoe at Liverpool he is a top striker that would score goals.
Your post seemed to hint at some inside info St mike, my mate reckons someone has told him that guaranteed already agreed players leaving are Traore Cisse Morientes Kewell Garcia.
I have no source, and he did say there are more players defo goin, he didnt say who to, but claimed it was one of Carraghers mates that told him, he reckoned the players mentioned above are all ALREADY sold.
Probably full of sh!t like but thats what i was told.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Well it would be nice to get rid of all of them, well maybe not Garcia
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:24 pm

Dudek: 3M

Kirkland:4M

Traore: 4M

Kewell: 3M ( to Villa)

Morientes: 4M (back to Spain, could be used in a part exchange deal)

Cisse: 10M (I honestly think we wont get more for him , so he could be used in a part exchange deal too)

Le Tallec: Maybe 2M is were lucky

Pongolle: I like him but if h has to go we should get around 4M for him

Diao: 1M and thats being generous

Cheyrou: 2M at the most

Mellor: 3M 

Potter: 2M

Whitbread: him and medjani combing for a 1 Mil

Medjani.

So im assuming the board will give Rafa around 15 Million to spend, he should also get around 7 or 9 Million from sponsors (adidas + maybe new shirt sponsor) kit deals aswell plus around 40Million from players sold assuming he sells all those on the list. So that gives us around 65Mil to spend. That figure sounds ludicrous to be honest but its possible thats what it will break down to come the summer. One thing Rafa hasnt don so far is spend a relativley big amount one one player. Ok Alsonso cost 10Mil but hes was a bargin. But thats what Rafa dos, he sport bargins and im sure the most hel spend on ayone is 14-15. And the only people id spend that on would be either SWP, Joaquin or Kuyt. I wanna include Defoe in this but becasue he is a striker, his price will be boosted as i know Jol wont let him go on the cheap. If we were to get him we could proabably get him for around 10 or 11 mil. 13Million max.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:Traore: 4M

:D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:36 pm

Do a quick "banana".

Goalkeepers:
Reina
Carson

Right back:
Finnan
Kromkamp

Left back:
Riise
Warnock

Centre back:
Carragher
Hyypia
Agger
Paletta

Right mid:
New player (Would like Pennant)
Anderson

Left mid:
Kewell
Gonzalez

Centre mid:
Alonso
Gerrard
Sissoko
Hamann

Strikers:
New striker (Would like Anelka)
New striker (Would like Ashton)
Fowler
Crouch

Anyone not mentioned would be surpless to requirements as far as i'm concerned. If we only signed one striker then I'd definately keep Sinama-Pongolle.
115-1073096938

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:39 pm

john craig wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Traore: 4M

:D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

:bowdown
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:39 pm

bavlondon wrote:Dudek: 3M

Cisse: 10M (I honestly think we wont get more for him , so he could be used in a part exchange deal too)

Medjani.

So im assuming the board will give Rafa around 15 Million to spend, he should also get around 7 or 9 Million from sponsors (adidas + maybe new shirt sponsor) kit deals aswell plus around 40Million from players sold assuming he sells all those on the list. So that gives us around 65Mil to spend. That figure sounds ludicrous to be honest but its possible thats what it will break down to come the summer. One thing Rafa hasnt don so far is spend a relativley big amount one one player. Ok Alsonso cost 10Mil but hes was a bargin. But thats what Rafa dos, he sport bargins and im sure the most hel spend on ayone is 14-15. And the only people id spend that on would be either SWP, Joaquin or Kuyt. I wanna include Defoe in this but becasue he is a striker, his price will be boosted as i know Jol wont let him go on the cheap. If we were to get him we could proabably get him for around 10 or 11 mil. 13Million max.

Thats absoloutely rediculous.

Traore 4m? More like 1m
Cisse 10m? Try 5m
Morientes 4m? Probably 2m
Le Tallec 2m? 500k if you're lucky
Mellor 3m? Try 1m if you're lucky.

You're chattin :censored: again. You're an idiot.
115-1073096938

Postby Redrider » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:55 pm

Hamann, will not last another season.
Seen him in the 'Black Horse' with Rushie, knocking back the pints and smoking like a chimney !!
:blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:58 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Medjani.

Traore 4m? More like 1m
Cisse 10m? Try 5m

I'd say that's slightly more realistic

But in terms of Cisse, I have a bad feeling we'll struggle to get a fee for him at all. We might have to loan him out for a season like we had to do with Diouf before we get any takers.  It wouldn't be great business to do that but I can see it happening.

Morientes is the one we're more likely to maybe be able to use as a make-weight in a deal for a player from the Spanish league.  I've no doubt Benitez will be shopping in Spain again this summer and Morientes' reputation there is still good.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:06 pm

john craig wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Medjani.

Traore 4m? More like 1m
Cisse 10m? Try 5m

I'd say that's slightly more realistic

But in terms of Cisse, I have a bad feeling we'll struggle to get a fee for him at all. We might have to loan him out for a season like we had to do with Diouf before we get any takers.  It wouldn't be great business to do that but I can see it happening.

Morientes is the one we're more likely to maybe be able to use as a make-weight in a deal for a player from the Spanish league.  I've no doubt Benitez will be shopping in Spain again this summer and Morientes' reputation there is still good.

Surely Marseille would take him for about 5 million.
The president has been quoted loads of times saying how much they want him, and they must have money after the ridiculous amount that Drogba went for.
Lets hope he has a good world cup.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Surely Marseille would take him for about 5 million.
The president has been quoted loads of times saying how much they want him, and they must have money after the ridiculous amount that Drogba went for.

I'd like to think they might Ace.  But when Marseille were linked with him before they said they'd only consider a loan deal as they couldn't afford him.  Unless things have changed I think they'll propose a loan again.

Can't see any Premiership club offering him a permanent deal.  Can't see there being any interest from Spain or Italy.  We'll get bombarded by loan offers but I can't see anyone gambling on him as a permanent signing for a reasonable fee.  His wage demands will be high as well don't forget which also favours a loan deal for other clubs.  With 2-3 years left on his contract we're bolloxed on this one....... unless as you say he has a good world cup ..... but then he wasn't even in their last squad.  I'm not getting my hopes up.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 pm

john craig wrote:

I'd like to think they might Ace.  But when Marseille were linked with him before they said they'd only consider a loan deal as they couldn't afford him.  Unless things have changed I think they'll propose a loan again.

Can't see any Premiership club offering him a permanent deal.  Can't see there being any interest from Spain or Italy.  We'll get bombarded by loan offers but I can't see anyone gambling on him as a permanent signing for a reasonable fee.  His wage demands will be high as well don't forget which also favours a loan deal for other clubs.  With 2-3 years left on his contract we're bolloxed on this one....... unless as you say he has a good world cup ..... but then he wasn't even in their last squad.  I'm not getting my hopes up.

I didn't know he wasn't in the last France squad.

It makes it even more strange the fact that Rafa has not given him an oppurtunity at all in the centre, because with every 10 minute appearance as a right winger, his sell on potential or value diminishes by the minute.
Unless my mate's supposed rumour was right and he is already sold.  ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:37 pm

In

Owen, Defoe, Simao

Out

Traore, Cisse, Morientes, Diao, Cheyrou.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
john craig wrote:

I didn't know he wasn't in the last France squad.

It makes it even more strange the fact that Rafa has not given him an oppurtunity at all in the centre, because with every 10 minute appearance as a right winger, his sell on potential or value diminishes by the minute.
Unless my mate's supposed rumour was right and he is already sold.  ???

I think he's an awful player mate, but we need to give him a run in the team now.  Morientes couldn't buy a goal right now and Crouch needs a rest.

I'd play Cisse through the middle against Fulham, probably with Fowler, or maybe with Garcia.  Desperate times up front at the moment, might as well try something different in the short term.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion