30m in the summer - Do you believe it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:44 pm

a load of eastern european countries join the EU next season so just wait for the bulgarians and romanians.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:47 pm

stmichael wrote:"It will take lots of application and effort to get there and I promise there will be plenty of that."

Start by asking the excuse-trotting, clueless manager to leave, and then take  his overpaid-underperformed-benchwarming players with him  :angry:
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:56 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:im afraid though that latvia or some cr#p team will have a good euro 2004 and houllier will buy two of their star players, who would be world famous if they were brazilian :cool:

Yeah, sounds familiar. I heard that from somewhere before  :D

Not to worry, I am sure Cisse will score lots of goals. Otherwise we can always convert him to center-back  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:03 pm

Oh god i forgot about euro 2004! houllier will go on a scouting mission and bring back 3 or 4 players from the crappest nation in the tournament, we are really doomed for next season! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Oh god i forgot about euro 2004! houllier will go on a scouting mission and bring back 3 or 4 players from the crappest nation in the tournament, we are really doomed for next season! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

he wont go to Euro 2004. He'll turn up at some obscure under 19 tournament and pick out the next Ronaldo, the next Maldini and the next Henry and they'll all be Guatamarlen!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:08 pm

For a start the fee for Cisse is not going to be £14m.

That figure came from an article in the start claiming we were going to sign Cisse and Mexes for a combined fee or £14m. At most we are going to pay £12m for Cisse.

Houllier's spending certainly isn't as bad as some make out.

People only look at the negatives, Kewell £5m, Hyypia £3m, Babbel free, McAllister free, just a few of the good signings.

He signed alot of "squad players" in his time IE Smicer, Baros, Xavier and Litmanen aswell as thats what has been needed. Yes some haven't worked out... IE the 3 from 2002 and Biscan but apart from that he hasn't really blown any money.

How many of you after the treble season thought Heskey was a waste of money? I certainly didn't, it looked like a masterstroke at the time. He still offers something to this team, although not what he used to he's still not a as bad as some people make out.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:09 pm

now that houllier appears to be having another season i can see some supporters not renewing their season tickets. good news for the 20000 or so on the waiting list then.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:28 pm

Good. "Fans" and "supporters" like that don't deserve a season ticket and aren't real fans.

Simple as.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Houllier's spending certainly isn't as bad as some make out.

Five years on, millions and millions spent.The team looking as though they're going backwards and you think Fooliers spending isn't as bad as some people make out !!!!!!
Bloody Hell Stu ! you're right !!!!!!!
It's worse  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:27 pm

i dont think we have gone backwards, we made huge strides in the first two or three seasons by winning the treble and getting into the champions league, we have just havent made any progress in the last two seasons while

man utd were always miles ahead of us,

arsenal have made huge strides after the likes of henry pires and a good few others who were terrible at first have really found their feet in the premiership, and

chelseas millions have jumped them ahead of us by a good bit!

so i dont think houllier should be getting as much stick as he is, cos if were going backwards u mean to say roy evans team of ince james ruddock redknapp mcateer (these are the good ones) were better than the current liverpool team and had more quality, i think not!

houllier strengthened the defence and midfield, he just has to try and take it to a new level of the arsenal and man utd attacking philosophy which is the hardest step to take!
heskey is not as bad as people make out he is a long ball option which is needed at certain times, im not a massive fan cos he doesnt score as much as he should or used to!

but the kinda players we need now are quality exciting players while our other players e.g cheyrou kewell diouf start playing to their ability. those three players can be as good as pires lungberg when they progress and play to their ability which is what arsenal are now doing, and their also buying in quality now (reyes), and we need to start buying in quality now which is what i think houllier will start doing!

wenger made a load of cr#p signings oleg luzny, wiltord, shabaan, cygan etc.

it just seems our so called fans are not real fans i.e. no encouragement. what were weve come from fve years is brilliant, look how long it took ferguson at man utd they were calling for his head round the same time they started to dominate!

BOTTOM LINE: we have not gone backwards we have made great strides but arsenal man utd and chelsea even newcastle ahve made bigger strides!
ICE-MAN

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:47 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:BOTTOM LINE: we have not gone backwards we have made great strides but arsenal man utd and chelsea even newcastle ahve made bigger strides!

The fact that we have lost to teams that we would normally expect to crush plus the fact that apart from Newcastle we now have the likes of Villa , Charlton, Birmingham etc challenging us for 4th spot MAYBE it's all of that which makes me think we're going backwards.
Perhaps you're right, it's all the other teams who are moving forward that makes it appear we are going backwards when in fact we are only standing still.So thats alright then.
Fk sake some people are so easily pleased  :p  :p  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:50 pm

glad u agree with me!!!!! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby banana » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:30 pm

This is a disaster for Liverpool FC. What's the point? Let Houllier spend 100 mio and we would be no better than now. Foolier must go. Don't throw good money after bad.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:36 pm

I can't believe the board agree to give 30m to Houllier, for what?

I bet he's going buy new Ronaldo or new Maradona or new Gary Lineker or new Paul Gascoigne or new Roy Keane!

He hasn't done good job at Anfield for last 2 seasons!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:54 pm

I really dont think thats how it works. I think the chairman agrees to give 30m for transfers but does not give houllier the money. Then Houllier finds a player and asks the board/chairman for the fee, at this point they can refuse to pay say 5m for an unknown ad cr#p player at least thats how i think it works.

30m eeeeihhhh

weeeeeeeelll lets see

Cisse 12mil
VanDerVaart 10mil
VanDerMeyde 6mil
Mexes 4mil

this adds up to 32m but sell a few buy a few. Also I explained in another thread how these are realistic targets so dont be saying he wont come, he wont come .

Houllier might blow the 30m but you never know he might have learned his lesson and if he stays he would know that the fans want him out and that his on the verge of a sacking. this will scare him and motivate him to make good signings and get results and not gamble.

I hope martin oneill comes
I pray to God he does.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion