So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:14 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:I wouldnt mind Barton or Nolan crossing over in the summer to replace Hamann. They know the league well.

Fernando Torres will be Rafa's main target. Atletico desperately needs the money, they will never sell him to another Spanish team especially Real, the Italian clubs have no room for strikers without selling the likes of Adriano, Ibrahimovic or Schevchenko which they will never do.

If Joaquin also makes the journey, we will have a lot of creative talent from these 2 players. Though I would give an arm and a leg for Mancini who is doing wonders on the right side of midfield with Roma

Jon Dahl Thomason, the Danish lad from Milan is also an option if both Mori and Cisse go.

I saw Joey Barton in Baa Bar last night getting :censored:. The reason he'll never make it to the top.

thats also the reason why stu will not make it to the top  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

tel wrote:Jon Dahl Thomason, the Danish lad from Milan is also an option if both Mori and Cisse go.

he plays for Stuttgart now.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Judge wrote:
0asis wrote:I don't tend to get excited by mass speculation, about 90% of all players we are strongly linked with we don't sign, so to get all excited is just asking for a major let down. It seems as tho a lot of our speculation has just been recycled from last summer.

I would expect at least three to six players to leave in the summer, a few from the senior squad and a few from the reserves. Traore could well be on his way out, as could Djibril Cisse.

I'd like us to replace Cisse with Jermaine Defoe, I'd like us to sign either Joaquin (which is highly unlikely) or Jermaine Pennant, if we can't get either of those then I'd settle for Wayne Routledge.

I did want Wayne Bridge for left back or Justin Hoyte but I believe Hoyte is far too inexperienced for the hustle and bussle of playing in Europe and playing for a top side like Liverpool whose challenging for the top spot. As for Wayne Bridge he seems to be hampered by injury & I can't see Cheatski selling him to us. And it looks like we're signing that left back from Valencia anyhow.

So all in all I expect a miserable summer, with Benitez leaving all the signings until the last month or so of the pre-season campaign.

your last statement - tut tut  ???

Its true he left signing a centre back and right mid until the last day of the transfer window and failed miserably on all accounts.
48-1119859832

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Oasis, this is because Benitez was concentrating on the early games than the transfer market. This time Rafa will do things right because everyone will be in the world cup, as for Rafa he will work in the transfer market and buy players as soon as possible
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BLANDY » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:49 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on Jobi Mcanuff of Palace seems to be doing alright at the moment plays on the right wouldn,t cost the earth if they didn,t come up :idea
BLANDY

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:47 pm

To be honest, I'd be happy with:

Out: Cisse, Morientes, Traore, Kirkland, Dudek, Mellor, Diao, Cheyrou, Le Tallec
In: Yakubu/Robbie Keane, Kuyt, Pennant

It's not unrealistic to do those deals and come out with money left over. Our wage bill would be in much better shape as well.

2 strikers out, 2 strikers in, so no problems there. Let's not forget we've got Zenden to come back in, who is an option for both left and central midfield, which means we'll have more depth for the middle, making it more feasible for Gerrard to be our "second string" right-sided midfielder behind Pennant if required.

In other words, if the board can't come up with £30m, it's not the end of the world. There are good players that fit the bill that we can acquire simply by moving on underachievers and some of the dead wood we've loaned out.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 65-1140560321 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:36 pm

i read that Cisse's agent has said he may be off to tottenham this summer.
65-1140560321

Postby Kukilon » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:36 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:i read that Cisse's agent has said he may be off to tottenham this summer.

It seems that his agent lied.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:05 am

^ Again..... or was that his brother last time?
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:28 am

Im basicly of the opinion as the rest of you, I dont think I would be bothered too much if Cisse, Morientes, Traore, Kirkland and maybe a couple of other fringe players left.
I did say I felt sorry for Cisse after that horrific injury and he should have been given a few crack at the whip. But after watching him now you can see he doesnt have the brain and quality to play in a Liverpool team hoping to challenge for the title. Tottenham would be a good club for him and hopefully they would stump up the money for him 8-10 m would be great..
As for Morientes, Im of the opinion that if you ever buy a player of his style and technique into the English game it could take him at least two seasons to settle in and get to grip with the pace of the game, you cant expect instant miracles. Im not to sure how old he is but I dont think time is on his side and a swift departure back to Spain now while we still could re-coup some of the money we paid out wouldnt be a bad thing.
As for the rest, the "fringe players" Kirkland,Traore and maybe Josemi , even Carson ,,,oh and maybe Zenden I dont think I'd lose to much sleep if any of them left.

Its not as important really as whos going, but more importantly whos coming ?
Rafa hasnt nessacerily always got it right in the transfer market so this time around he cant really afford to make the mistakes as he has done before. Whether its getting the deal done in time, or getting the right player of quality - which is the hardest thing.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:34 am

I've had more than a few tonight so I apologise in advance for any nonsense. Cisse is a player who is worth no more than5 million pounds in my opinion,. If anybody agrees to pay more then bite their handoff I say.
The one player who never gets a mentioned in the sell-off stakes is Warnock. 2.5 million minimum and will never be good enough IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:46 am

bigmick wrote:I've had more than a few tonight so I apologise in advance for any nonsense. Cisse is a player who is worth no more than5 million pounds in my opinion,. If anybody agrees to pay more then bite their handoff I say.
The one player who never gets a mentioned in the sell-off stakes is Warnock. 2.5 million minimum and will never be good enough IMHO.

I think he never gets mentioned because he's the only decent LB in the squad after Riise. If we sold him we would have to go out and by another squad player, back-up to Riise. Or burst the bank and by someone better than Riise, which I cant see happening at this point in time.
There are bigger gaps to fill in, and there in the team. Obviously RM and we are still crying out for a top striker, which leads me to one other point.
I would like to see Rafa buy a top quality player, not nessacerily for big bucks, but I would like to see him buy a player that will be an essential first team member.
A player that couldnt be left out, so good he's an automatic choice (Like Gerrard). Its no good buying good squad players all the time, if we're to catch the likes of Chelsea we need to strengthen the team not the squad.
66-1112520797

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:47 am

Bamaga man wrote:
bigmick wrote:I've had more than a few tonight so I apologise in advance for any nonsense. Cisse is a player who is worth no more than5 million pounds in my opinion,. If anybody agrees to pay more then bite their handoff I say.

I think he never gets mentioned because he's the only decent LB in the squad after Riise. If we sold him we would have to go out and by another squad player, back-up to Riise. Or burst the bank and by someone better than Riise, which I cant see happening at this point in time.
There are bigger gaps to fill in, and there in the team. Obviously RM and we are still crying out for a top striker, which leads me to one other point.
I would like to see Rafa buy a top quality player, not nessacerily for big bucks, but I would like to see him buy a player that will be an essential first team member.
A player that couldnt be left out, so good he's an automatic choice (Like Gerrard). Its no good buying good squad players all the time, if we're to catch the likes of Chelsea we need to strengthen the team not the squad.

Well we've been strongly linked with Aurelio. If he is to come then i don't see a future here for Warnock tbh.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:40 am

0asis wrote:
Judge wrote:
0asis wrote:I don't tend to get excited by mass speculation, about 90% of all players we are strongly linked with we don't sign, so to get all excited is just asking for a major let down. It seems as tho a lot of our speculation has just been recycled from last summer.

I would expect at least three to six players to leave in the summer, a few from the senior squad and a few from the reserves. Traore could well be on his way out, as could Djibril Cisse.

I'd like us to replace Cisse with Jermaine Defoe, I'd like us to sign either Joaquin (which is highly unlikely) or Jermaine Pennant, if we can't get either of those then I'd settle for Wayne Routledge.

I did want Wayne Bridge for left back or Justin Hoyte but I believe Hoyte is far too inexperienced for the hustle and bussle of playing in Europe and playing for a top side like Liverpool whose challenging for the top spot. As for Wayne Bridge he seems to be hampered by injury & I can't see Cheatski selling him to us. And it looks like we're signing that left back from Valencia anyhow.

So all in all I expect a miserable summer, with Benitez leaving all the signings until the last month or so of the pre-season campaign.

your last statement - tut tut  ???

Its true he left signing a centre back and right mid until the last day of the transfer window and failed miserably on all accounts.

i didnt mean that, i meant your last two sentences about rafa leaving - tut tut
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion