Summer signings to arrive when ? - Pre-season starting very soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:23 pm

from what i've heard it was his own personal analysis of rafa's tactics throughtout the CL campaign. nice of him, eh?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:32 pm

stanley park wrote: :D  :Oo:  :buttrock

congratulations on your first and only post, Stanley Park

I truly am in awe of your insightful comments and depth of knwowledge about world football
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:01 pm

Woollyback wrote:
stanley park wrote::D  :Oo:  :buttrock

congratulations on your first and only post, Stanley Park

I truly am in awe of your insightful comments and depth of knwowledge about world football

I suppose he feels himself worthy of being considered as a Mod now.  We'll all have to have a whip round for a boating jacket.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:10 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:well, more than likley expect the signings to be predominently spanish!

what are the exact dates that the transfer window is open for? anybody know.

He better get his skates on, the suspense is killing me.

Aftter the way the season has ended, and everyones optimism for challenging for the league next year, the signings had better be " spectacular" to say the least.

and I dont mean Scott parker, the ex-charlton, chelsea boot room boy is not what we require. nor is an over the hill Figo.

Be interesting to see who we do get, I hope its not half the valencia team.

Whats wrong with the Valencia team ? Most of them players won the Spanish league twice and the Uefa cup.
I like everyone would love the signings to be done straight away, but realistically its not like that. He has had to wait for Uefa to make a decision on the champs league before he even knew what targets he could pursue, and then theres the fact that players have been on international duty until the end of the weekend.
I myself flick through every paper every morning, buy the echo in the evening an look constantly on the website for news. It is annoning having to wait...but i expect some serious news by the end of this weekend.

EXACTLY! I was thinking the same thing, whats wrong with the Valencia team?

Benítez built a quite AWESOME team there....Just look at some of their players....

Ayala, Baraja, Vicente, Albelda, Cañizares, Aimar....all tremendous players that know how to win things....

If we had them, we would immediately become a WHOLE LOT STRONGER! and VERY serious contenders for ALL cometitions.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:42 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:well, more than likley expect the signings to be predominently spanish!

Aftter the way the season has ended, and everyones optimism for challenging for the league next year, the signings had better be " spectacular" to say the least.

and I dont mean Scott parker, the ex-charlton, chelsea boot room boy is not what we require. nor is an over the hill Figo.

Whats wrong with the Valencia team ? Most of them players won the Spanish league twice and the Uefa cup.
I like everyone would love the signings to be done straight away, but realistically its not like that. He has had to wait for Uefa to make a decision on the champs league before he even knew what targets he could pursue, and then theres the fact that players have been on international duty until the end of the weekend.
I myself flick through every paper every morning, buy the echo in the evening an look constantly on the website for news. It is annoning having to wait...but i expect some serious news by the end of this weekend.

Benítez built a quite AWESOME team there....Just look at some of their players....

Ayala, Baraja, Vicente, Albelda, Cañizares, Aimar....all tremendous players that know how to win things....

If we had them, we would immediately become a WHOLE LOT STRONGER! and VERY serious contenders for ALL cometitions.

Yea i agree with both of you, that of course we would want the quality that Valencia of got (apart from oldies like Pelle obviously!) but i think he may have been thinking in terms of the style of football they played as opposed to the personnel at their disposal.
Im not making a judgement on how Valencia's style of play was Under Benitez, be it boring, fast paced etc; as thats a whole new debate (and thread) but personally it was WINNING football they played with quality players - and that is good enough for me!

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:37 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Yea i agree with both of you, that of course we would want the quality that Valencia of got (apart from oldies like Pelle obviously!) but i think he may have been thinking in terms of the style of football they played as opposed to the personnel at their disposal.
Im not making a judgement on how Valencia's style of play was Under Benitez, be it boring, fast paced etc; as thats a whole new debate (and thread) but personally it was WINNING football they played with quality players - and that is good enough for me!

YNWA

I used to watch tons of Valencia's matches under Benítez, and they played some really excellent football.

Their movement was superb and they retained ball possession with such great technical ability and confidence, each player knew perfectly well his role in the team and responsibilities.

Under Benítez they where extremely SOLID and above all a fantastic TEAM UNIT! Benítez brought out the absolute BEST from players, and rotated the team to GREAT effect.

This is what Benítez will build at Liverpool over the next few years....

Valencia were not boring at all, I thoroughly enjoyed watching them under Benítez.

When Ranieri started at the beginning of the season, Valencia done ok, but soon Ranieri imposed his personality on the team, and errr that’s when it went all HORRIBLY WRONG! They where SHOCKING..... Benítez's absence was SO CLEAR....Now they are crying for him in Valencia C.F, the fans, the board and even the ex President Jaime Ortí admitted that it was a CRIME to let Benítez go....But he had an irreparable problem with a certain board member....

CHEERS!  :)
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Yea would be a lot easier :laugh:
Kunt....dont u just love that word :laugh:

:no actually it's a very offensive and obnoxious word.. and I absolutely hate it.. so will all of you refrain from using it ...
Thank you  :) 

....Unless ure 10"+   :oh:  :devil:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:53 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

YNWA

I used to watch tons of Valencia's matches under Benítez, and they played some really excellent football.

Their movement was superb and they retained ball possession with such great technical ability and confidence, each player knew perfectly well his role in the team and responsibilities.

Under Benítez they where extremely SOLID and above all a fantastic TEAM UNIT! Benítez brought out the absolute BEST from players, and rotated the team to GREAT effect.

This is what Benítez will build at Liverpool over the next few years....

Valencia were not boring at all, I thoroughly enjoyed watching them under Benítez.

When Ranieri started at the beginning of the season, Valencia done ok, but soon Ranieri imposed his personality on the team, and errr that’s when it went all HORRIBLY WRONG! They where SHOCKING..... Benítez's absence was SO CLEAR....Now they are crying for him in Valencia C.F, the fans, the board and even the ex President Jaime Ortí admitted that it was a CRIME to let Benítez go....But he had an irreparable problem with a certain board member....

CHEERS!  :)

Totally agree with you mate but didnt want to turn this into a debate on this (as it was a 'when players etc;thread) and I'm sure that there are many who will disagree with you.
But yea loved the way Aimar was used and the Midfield worked.

PS - Sorry Zara  :no    :blush:

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:56 am

:D no probs K
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:01 am

zarababe wrote::no actually it's a very offensive and obnoxious word.. and I absolutely hate it.. so will all of you refrain from using it ...
Thank you  :) 

....Unless ure 10"+   :oh:  :devil:

Is it ok if I say "Muffin" ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion