Summer signings to arrive when ? - Pre-season starting very soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:00 pm

Just wondering when will LFC start signing players for the 2005/2006 season. On one side, i'm very eager to see who Rafa is gonna get and on the other side pre-season starting very soon.

I think that the likes of Harry Kewell(A player i liked but didn't live up to the expectations in a liverpool shirt lately.[More concentrated on legal battles and plagued by injuries]), Jerzy Dudek, Salif Diao, Bruno Cheyrou, El-Hadji Diouf, Antonio Nunez, Chris Kirkland and Milan Baros(apparently equally happy to play for another team as for liverpool) should leave. We need devoted players.

With the 30 millions already in place for summer signings added to the money we will get by selling the above mentionned players, i would like to see the likes of:

- Luis Figo [RM] (Old but can still send great crosses in for Morientes if available on a free)

- Bolo Zenden [LM] (Would be providing some more attacking threat from the left hand side and apparently available on a free as well).

- Gabriel Milito [CD] (Watched him play a few times, seems very composed at the back and would be a great cover for likes of player of the season Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyppia. Fee : around 5 millions)

- Jose Reina [GK] (Great prospect but will personally go for young Scott Carson who needs to gain experience to reach the top)

- Christian Abbiati [GK] (Would be an experienced backup keeper. Just released from AC Milan)

- Micheal Essien [DM] (According to skysports, might be available in exchange for Baros)

- Raul [CF] (Would be great to have him paired with Nando again but would definitely cost way to much)

- Dirk Kuyt [ST] (Heard he scored 69 goals in three seasons, might just be the goalscorer we needed)

- Scott Parker [DM] (Learnt a lot from Makelele and might gain more experience playing together with Didi Hamman, but he seems to be close to signing for Newcastle)

- Joaquin [RM] ( Fantastic player but might just be over our reach in terms of price with Chelski also bidding for him).

- Pablo Aimar [AM] (Will bring creativity to our game).
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Sigh :O :O :O
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:01 pm

friend... it's £30M, not £300M
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:36 pm

well, more than likley expect the signings to be predominently spanish!

what are the exact dates that the transfer window is open for? anybody know.

He better get his skates on, the suspense is killing me.

Aftter the way the season has ended, and everyones optimism for challenging for the league next year, the signings had better be " spectacular" to say the least.

and I dont mean Scott parker, the ex-charlton, chelsea boot room boy is not what we require. nor is an over the hill Figo.

Be interesting to see who we do get, I hope its not half the valencia team.
65-1114725958

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:45 pm

Kuyt
Aimar
Reina
Milito

These would be top of my list.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stanley park » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:47 pm

:D  :Oo:  :buttrock
stanley park

Postby looprevil » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:17 am

Kuyt and Milito would be sweet, I guess we just have to wait to see who Rafa can bring in, although who wouldn't want to play for the Champions of Europe?
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bjb7223 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:12 am

hopefully by Monday
bjb7223

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:19 am

Scott Parker has been signed by Newcastle for £6.5 million
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:52 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:what are the exact dates that the transfer window is open for? anybody know.

Beginning of July thru to end of August.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:27 am

someone clear this up for me and save me the bother of hunting for the answer... how come players are already being transferred in and out all over the place even though the window doesn't officially open for another 2 weeks?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:47 am

andy_g wrote:someone clear this up for me and save me the bother of hunting for the answer... how come players are already being transferred in and out all over the place even though the window doesn't officially open for another 2 weeks?

I think you can  set up and sign a transfer deal at any time .The transfer however will only actually take place within the transfer window which is when the FA will accept the players registration at his new club.

Obviously the rules are different for players who are out of contract.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:50 am

simple then really. ta woofster :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:06 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Just wondering when will LFC start signing players for the 2005/2006 season. On one side, i'm very eager to see who Rafa is gonna get and on the other side pre-season starting very soon.

I normally enjoy all the protracted rumour and speculation but must admit with our season kicking off again in just four weeks time I'm more than keen to see just who we are actually going to get.
Maybe Rafa won't be rushed and we will still be negotiating for players well after our season has begun .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:09 am

The sooner the better, I am getting a bit worried by the silence of it all TBH, but maybe they are waiting to see how much they have left over when Steive signs his mega contract, and now they have recieved the 30 mill from the CL.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion