So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 pm

simao (AFP said over the weekend following an interview with the agent)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:08 pm

According to an awful lot of Benfica fans Simao is already sold but to whom? Its between us Chelsea, and Man U but the player himself said Liverpool is his prefered choice so who knows maybe we have bought him already?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:10 pm

ciggy i hjeard frmo a few places we have brought him, andstated here the deal is still on a fair few times :eyebrow
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:14 pm

dawson99 wrote:because we are not chelsea u idiot!!!!
u want a team all with different players that we have now? and maybe we should move to italy?

are u seriously saying this to get banned or just look like a complete retard?

Ya thats true,I get completely retard when we lose & more so when we deservedly lose. :help
On the + side we will NEVER again lose at Highbury.....lol
Last edited by the_red_alonso on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:because we are not chelsea u idiot!!!!
u want a team all with different players that we have now? and maybe we should move to italy?

are u seriously saying this to get banned or just look like a complete retard?

:rasp
If i ask for quality players am i stupid?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:19 pm

the_red_alonso wrote:Ya tell Rafa,Parry & Moores to rob the Swiss bank & buy us the following team-

Casillas
Puyol              Carra          Nesta              Gallas

Joaquin           Gerrard           Ballack              Duff

Adriano          Tevez
Subs-
Alonso
Owen
rosicky
Reina
Zanetti

how can u claim to be a liverpool fan and have just 2 players in your team..  and u wonder why i have a go???
Last edited by dawson99 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:20 pm

Goal Keepers:Reina, Dudek (possibly Kirkland or another keeper if both leave), Carson (possibly Martin if Carson goes out on loan, which is probably the best thing for him).

Right Backs:Finnan, Kromkamp.

Left Backs:Riise, Warnock. (There is a possibility that a new first choice left back is bought in and Riise demoted to back up, with Warnock being sold. Left back is an area that can be improved but there are more pressing areas that need Rafa’s attention)

Centre Backs:Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Paletta

Right Midfield:We currently have no players in this position so 2 are needed in my opinion. Next season will probably be a bit early for Anderson, he is only 17 and Rafa has said he is too young at the moment.

Left Midfield:Kewell, Gonzalez, Zenden. Zenden is a player who can cover in a number of positions so is very useful. I’m not sure what Rafa’s plan is for Gonzalez but I expect him to be integrated into the squad. Despites Kewell’s improved form I don’t see him as the long term answer on the left, he is physically not the same player and his other attributes are not strong enough to warrant a long term place, I think he will stay for 1 more season but will be replaced soon.

Central Midfield:Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Hamann

Strikers: ??, Crouch, Fowler, and Pongolle. I personally would classify Garcia more as a forward player. I think we can get away with signing only 1 striker. Although money will be available it will not be a bottomless pot, so maybe we should concentrate in finding 1 striker who is a long term answer. Jose Mourinho has failed in 4 transfer windows to find the right striker and that is with all the money in the world. If we could find 1 quality striker who could lead our line then we could partner him with Crouch, Fowler or Garcia, and I think we should try and keep Pongolle for 1 more year.

Players that can leave:Kirkland, Troare, Raven, Whitbread, Medjani, Diao, Potter, Cheyrou, Foy, Le Tallec, Mellor, Morientes and Cisse. (Others may also leave if we decide to further strengthen beyond a striker and right sided midfielder.)

Transfer targets, in order of priority:1st choice Striker, 1st choice right midfielder, 1st choice striker, 2nd choice right midfielder (maybe Anderson can solve this), 1st choice left midfielder (maybe Gonzalez can solve this), and 1st choice left back. I would be happy if we just signed the first 2 and got them right.

Really it’s just a case of throwing names into the hat because we don’t really have a clue who Rafa is looking at, and that is a good thing. But I personally think these players could help us.

Striker:Dirk Kuyt, Roy Makaay, Yakubu, and David Villa.

Right Sided Midfielder:Joaquin, Simao, Wesley Snijder (Ajax), Farfan (PSV), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), and Zoltan Gera.

If we can get those 2 signings right then we may want to look at left back, left midfield and another striker.

Call me a pessimist but I don’t think we can challenge for the title next season, maybe a couple of years ago but now we have the Chelsea/ Roman Abramovic factor to deal with. They can continue throwing money at weaknesses until they get it right. I think those 2 signing can make us as strong as Man Utd and Arsenal, I don’t think people realise but we have slightly over performed this season, Man Utd and Arsenal are still better than us but not by much. If we want to challenge Chelsea for the title we are going to have to be as close to perfect as possible. If anyone outside of Chelsea is to win the title they are going to have to have a very strong 11 and keep most of them fit for most of the season (like when Arsenal went unbeaten). We will never be able to compete with Chelsea squad wise, and at the moment our first 11 is still 5 players away from what we need in my opinion.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerrardisKing » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 pm

This is who I think should get axed in the summer:
Nando,traore,cisse,le tallec,kirkland,carson,cheyrou,diao and mellor
Players I hope we sign:
Joaquin,owen and another striker maybe someone like jason roberts to give us something different.

Really hope we keep Fowler would also like to keep hold of sinama but i think he`ll want first team football after his loan spell.
GerrardisKing

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:40 pm

bring back sinama
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:58 pm

Keepers - Reina , Dudek

Right back - Finnan Kromkamp

Centre back - Carra , Paletta , Agger

Left back - Riise , Warnock

Right mid - Garcia , Joaquin

Centre mid - Gerrard , Alonso , Sissoko , Riquelme would be great

Left mid - Kewell , Gonzalez

Strikers - Villa , Cisse , Nando hopefully comes good for experience , Tevez

Out -
Crouch aka the keeper out of renford rejects
Hamann YNWA
Hyypia YNWA
Traore
Mellor Cheers for the goal against
kopite

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Goalkeepers: Reina and Carson to stay. Reina looks excellent, i'm still not 100% convinced, i was with Dudek when we first signed him, but the signs are promising. Carson is decent backup, will never be first team material but isn't a bad keeper.

Kirkland and Dudek will be sold for a combined fee of around 3million hopefully.

Right backs: Finnan and Kromkamp, definately good enough. Finnan's as good as anything in the league and Kromkamp looks to have the potential to keep him out of the side in the future.

Left backs: Riise and Warnock are adequate. I like Riise and think Warnock has the potential to be another Carragher, he's got the ability to go forward and he's excellent in the tackle. Needs to position himself better and learn when to tuck in and when to be out wide but has the ability to be a good player given time.

Traore is a liability and MUST be sold. Hopefully we can get 1million for him.

Centre backs: Carragher and Hyypia are rock solid. Agger and Palletta will need to bed in, hopefully they'll prove to be good additions in the long run. Not an area i'm concerned about anymore.

Right midfield: We need a top quality right winger. Its as simple as that. When Gerrard doesn't play there we have no balance and no width down that side and no-one who can beat a man and cross a ball. We need quality and we need it desperately. When Gerrard, Alonso or Sissoko is out there is currently no-one in the side who is good enough to replace them. We need a quality winger with pace, aggression, skill and the ability to contribute defensively. Main prioirity by a long shot for me. We need someone who'll create goalscoring chances. We only need one winger i think as we have Anderson who's coming through and Gerrard and Luis Garcia can fill in this position if we're desperate.

Left midfield: Kewell and Zenden. With Riise, Gonzalez and Luis Garcia able to play in this position we're well covered. We could improve on Kewell, but again its not a priority.

I think Zenden could leave for around 500k. Maybe even a free transfer.

Centre mid: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko and Hamann and with Zenden who can also play there we're Sorted. Strong, athletic, powerful, technically good. Maybe lacks a bit of creativety but still a very good area for us.

Strikers: Crouch, Sinama-Pongolle and Fowler for me give us good options. Depending on finances we need at least one striker. Theres names been thrown around everywhere, the two that stand out for me are Ashton and Anelka, although i think to get Ashton now we'd have to play stupid money possibly.

Sissy and Morientes just haven't done it. They aren't upto the job and have to go. We'll hopefully get around 7milliion for them both (combined) which would be a good return considering what they've acheived at this club.

Hopefully from selling the players that are surpless to requirements and simply not good enough we can raise around 11million, it will also free up alot of "wage money" as Traore, Kirkland, Dudek, Cisse, Zenden and Morientes are all big earners i would imagine. Meaning it could free up as much as 18million including a players wages which would buy us a top class right winger. Granted you're exchanging 5 or 6 players for one, but it not as if these players are anything or should be anything like near the first team.

The priority is the right winger, someone who can create clear cut chances on a regular basis against the better sides.

We also need a top class striker, that has to be the second priority. For me i'd be happy with only two or three signings this summer. One or two quality strikers and a top class right winger.

We aren't far away and with the right additions we'll be laughing.
115-1073096938

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Defense I think we're pretty much sorted here. The recent signings of Agger and Kromkamp along with the arrival of Paletta provides us with a sound base for next season.

Midfield In general the midfield is stable. Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko and Kewell are strong assets, with Garcia, Hamann, Riise providing decent cover. A natural right winger is needed. Simao is good but I don't see him as a out an out winger more a CAM. Joaquin would be a good signing, as would a player like SWP or Pennant (although Pennant brings a little too much baggage - he'd have to be briefed that acting like an @rse in his personal life won't be accepted).

Strikers Its clear that Cisse & Morientes can't hack the premiership. People are saying bring in Dirk Kuyt, Roy Makaay, Yakubu, etc but in my opinion we would do no better than Owen. He's played for the club, understands the club and had the passion. He's a goal poacher and would be a perfect combo with Crouch. Lets just hope
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:According to an awful lot of Benfica fans Simao is already sold but to whom? Its between us Chelsea, and Man U but the player himself said Liverpool is his prefered choice so who knows maybe we have bought him already?

Pennant is a better player than simao. Seeing how birmingham will get relegated we can pick up pennant for 3 to 5 million pounds tops.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:55 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Ciggy wrote:According to an awful lot of Benfica fans Simao is already sold but to whom? Its between us Chelsea, and Man U but the player himself said Liverpool is his prefered choice so who knows maybe we have bought him already?

Pennant is a better player than simao. Seeing how birmingham will get relegated we can pick up pennant for 3 to 5 million pounds tops.....

Considering Crouch cost 7 mil from a relegated club last year I'm not so sure.  Brum are a rich enough club, they wont have to sell Pennant on the cheap.

Pennant's probably worth 3-5 million, but because he's English you're talking about 8 at least, which is why Benitez will probably look abroad.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:23 pm

John, because of Pennant's reputation you'd probably get him cheaper than that.

All this "because he's english" nonsense is annoying and incorrect. Its not down to the nationality. That has nothing to do with it.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion