30m in the summer - Do you believe it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bedlovedays » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:51 am

If Owen gets the ball enough he will score right? ????
If Baros or Pognolle are allowed a few balls they will score too right? ???
Spending money on cisse is not a waste but it is not the smartest use of the money we have.

Sell, Hamman, heskey, diouf, diao, smicer,biscan,
total=10mil
Money from the board 30 mil

Buy a great midfielder to replace hamman, one who can move the ball up the field and feed the strikers, one worthy of playing alongside gerrard.
15mil
Buy a midfielder, winger,, one who can cross the ball, with some speed up the wing,,,(not Wright-phillips)
15mil
A defender to play alongside Hyppia
10mil

This gives us a solid starting 11, capable of making a run for the Champions League Cup and the Premiership Title

Kirkland/Dudek
        Finnan NEW Hyppia Risse
        Kewell Gerrard  NEW NEW
           Owen Baros/Pognolle

With Murphy/Henchoz/Carragher  and the yourg kids in reserve

Or does Houlier feel Smicer needs more time to grow into his position,,
bedlovedays

Postby daddyo » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:56 am

Hey guys, been to work just arrived back home read this thread. Congratulations to you all- it was a wonderful read! Just keep believing!
daddyo

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:25 am

Look at it this way, we still have a (slim) chance of making it to CL. The board will not want to rock the boat right now and dismiss Houllier. Besides, they will have to talk to MON or his agent or other suitable candidates to replace this fool before announcing it to the world. I don't think Moores & Perry are stupid, slow acting and gutless maybe but definately not deaf, blind & stupid. There will be a riot of we keep Houllier as not only is he not producing results, spent £120M on some dodgy "talent", unable to motivate his stars, tactically inept but his style of football are passive and bore everyone to death. This guy is taking us backwards and the club will have to show it's ambition and be ruthless when it needed to be.

My common sense guess is that the board will wait until we are definately out of running for CL spot before making the announcement. Perry (who I think is a smart moneyman) have said before that 4th is the absolute minimum. That itself is loud and clear. For the sake of the club, I hope they will tell Houllier to leave even if we finish 4th. I hope I am right.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby redspirit » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:12 am

SantaGiveHoullierTheSack wrote:Look at it this way, we still have a (slim) chance of making it to CL. The board will not want to rock the boat right now and dismiss Houllier. Besides, they will have to talk to MON or his agent or other suitable candidates to replace this fool before announcing it to the world. I don't think Moores & Perry are stupid, slow acting and gutless maybe but definately not deaf, blind & stupid. There will be a riot of we keep Houllier as not only is he not producing results, spent £120M on some dodgy "talent", unable to motivate his stars, tactically inept but his style of football are passive and bore everyone to death. This guy is taking us backwards and the club will have to show it's ambition and be ruthless when it needed to be.

My common sense guess is that the board will wait until we are definately out of running for CL spot before making the announcement. Perry (who I think is a smart moneyman) have said before that 4th is the absolute minimum. That itself is loud and clear. For the sake of the club, I hope they will tell Houllier to leave even if we finish 4th. I hope I am right.

I hope you are right about Parry and Moores regarding this situation because it does seem as though they are also deaf, blind, and stupid.  Houllier must go regardless if we finish 4th.  Not only am I hoping for Houllier's ouster as manager of LFC, but am also hoping he would never get anohter job as a manager again.  He should go back to his french grade school and "man-manage" his pupils.
redspirit

Postby mistyred » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:17 pm

Seriously RedSpirit there is always some guttless fool who will want such inadiquate a man for something.

Maybe he can be a how not to do that coach,or a what not to say to the media man?But whatever it is i hope it's in a distant land far away from Anfield..

Let Us Pray...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion