Owen joquin and metzelder to arrive nexy week.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:59 pm

Benitez says CB and RM by the end of next week, I don't think we're going to sign a striker, at least not until January.

Why would Chelsea sign Joaquin? They have SWP,Duff,Cole and Robben. Cole can play on either wing, Duff has played on the right wing in order for Robben to play on the left, and we all know about SWP.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:50 pm

A.B. wrote:Why would Chelsea sign Joaquin?

Exactly what I said.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:53 pm

This is what the Madrid fans think....

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fans vote to leave Owen on bench

Real Madrid's fans have turned against Michael Owen and expect him to play next to no part in the coming season.
A survey of supporters has revealed that, at best, the Bernabeu faithful expect Owen to be a fixture in the team for fixtures in the Spanish Cup, a competition which carries little of the same prestige as the FA Cup.

The news is worrying for Owen, who in the eyes of many has been pushed down to fifth-choice striker at the Bernabeu following the near £40million investment in Julio Baptista and Robinho this weekend.

Only 12% of supporters picked Owen in their ideal Madrid team for the Primera Liga and Champions League season ahead, with Ronaldo included by 91% in a variety of forward lines.

The ongoing survey, by the newspaper Marca, is a further indication of how Owen faces a crisis ahead of the new campaign. 

We won't sign him, but looks like the writings on the wall regarding staying at Madrid...  ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:07 am

i have got to admit i have heard strong rumours that owen is coming back but only on loan with the option to buying him nxt year, this is because stevie g said he would like more english players and owen if he came available, on joaquin i think as much as rafa likes him he is too unrealistic as i don't think the money is there but liverpool always put up surprises. on the cb upson not good enough, i personally believe gallas is the solution but is he available for a price we can afford.
philchampionsl2005

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:25 am

If owen Joaquin and metzelder came next week i would jump for joy, that would be the finishing touches to a great team. and we would have a fantastic squad.

WOW

i hope you are right. Owen is a proven goal scorer and i think in the system Rafa will play (i.e. coruch and the player to knock down crosses and long balls) Owen will bag 20+

Plus if Baros is going to Aston Villa we will need a new striker.

OWEN COME BACK AND DO IT FOR THE LADS
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:54 am

I am fairly confident that none of these signings will come to fruition. And please please please....am I the only one who wants to SCREAM!!!! when someone says stuff like "my source" It just winds me up.....according to my source anyone who says that is trying to appear more knowledgeable then they actually are :p
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:51 am

welsh wizzard wrote:What do you mean who is rise hypia etc go on another clubs site you chimps,  cause you sure aint a true red. :down:

I can't believe how many of you have been taken in by this kid! I think you, Welshy, should concentrate on your Summer School studies and leave the speculation to the grown ups working at the tabloids.
Come on peeps, he doesn't even get the sarcasm in the posts about "whose rise...", etc!!!!!  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:43 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:What do you mean who is rise hypia etc go on another clubs site you chimps,  cause you sure aint a true red. :down:

I can't believe how many of you have been taken in by this kid! I think you, Welshy, should concentrate on your Summer School studies and leave the speculation to the grown ups working at the tabloids.
Come on peeps, he doesn't even get the sarcasm in the posts about "whose rise...", etc!!!!!  :no

i was waiting for that to get flammed
LOL
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:06 am

Joaquin will not consider any transfer outside of Madrid.

Owen is outside chance. But more for the fans than for the team. He's not Rafa's kind of striker, and I'd be surprised if he let Madrid make a monkey out of him by paying more than what he sold him for.
tel

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:41 am

lando bloom you are a fool you f=cking :censored: take your ugly clock for a s=it you stupid boy. :D
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:52 am

dont forget we got nearly 20 million for owen, 8 million cash and nunez was worth at least 12 million    :D
112-1077774096

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:45 am

in your world nunez was worth 12m!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:51 am

A.B. wrote:Why would Chelsea sign Joaquin? They have SWP,Duff,Cole and Robben. Cole can play on either wing, Duff has played on the right wing in order for Robben to play on the left, and we all know about SWP.

To me its fairly obvious that Morinho would go for Joaquin. He bought for SWP when he didn't really need him. He bid for Gerrard to boast his depleted midfield!

The man has a fetish for midfielders   ???
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:58 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:in your world nunez was worth 12m!

When the post is followed with one of these,    :D it indicates that the author was only kidding mate. Like a bit of literary sarcasm. Peewee is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here to be fair.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:59 am

bigmick wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:in your world nunez was worth 12m!

When the post is followed with one of these,    :D it indicates that the author was only kidding mate. Like a bit of literary sarcasm. Peewee is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here to be fair.

cheers bigmick, the tenners in the post    :D
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion