So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:23 am

Im really looking forward to the new players that will arrive in the summer but first the wage bill will have to be reduced, Rafa will receive a decent transfer kitty as the board wont want to loose him neither do we I know he wants two players for every position and once we get a decent RM and two top class strikers that find the back of the net on regular occasions we will be title challengers.

So whos out the door in the summer?

GoalkeepersReina, Martin. I think Dudek, Kirkland and maybe Carson may leave.

Right backs  Finnan, Kromkamp are adequate
IMO.

Centre halfs Paletta, Agger, Hyypia, Carragher positions filled.

Left backs  Riise, Aurelio (?) Maybe keep Warnock Traore surplace to requirements.

Right midfield  SWP? Pennant? Alaves? Preto? Joaquin? Simao? Would also like to see Anderson in some cameo roll's before the end of the season.
"This Position needs filling desperately."

Centre midfield  Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso, Hamann, Zenden. Kevin Nolan would be a welcome addition.

Left midfield  Kewell, Zenden (Gonzales, Riise, Garcia)

Strikers Think its safe to say now that Morientes, Cisse, Fowler? will be off loaded in the summer.
Choice of Defoe? Kuijt? Yakubu? Owen? Ronaldo (dont think so overweight has been) Roberts? Bent? Villa? Torres?

So out the door will probably be:

Traore, Cisse, Crouch?(think he might stay) Morientes, Le Tallec, Pongolle, Diao, Cheyrou, Kirkland, Dudek, Warnock?, Mellor, Potter, Whitbread, Medjani.

Theres probably a few more to add to this list also who wont make the grade and are no longer required to play for us. Also with the majority of them leaving it will free up some cash from the wage bill.

These all sound like an awful lot of names, but I believe we are about 4 players short of becoming title challengers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:31 am

we have been about 4 players short of a title challenge for the past 10 years. And why is it we seem to have the highest turnover of players in the presmiership. You cant move without seeing a few ex liverpool players in virtually every team.

We need to ship out players, thats for sure, and its the obvious ones that are on loan or just poor at the moment.

going: traore, dudek, kirkland, le tallec, mellor, mori, cisse, fowler (he will go, its sad but true) and aload of the young lads will go.

I still want bruno back tho lol. Dont ask why, im slightly insane. Warnock will stay, and pongolle will be back, but theres alot of work to do, another batch of new players to come in (not yet, stilla  few months yet) and next season we'll say again that they will need time to gel.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:08 am

I wouldn't let Warnock go. He's a young lad and IMO adequate cover for Riise. Sure he gets out of position but he will learn. Once he sorts that out I think he will be a very good player. He came from the academy and plays his guts out all the time and we need a player like him in the players ranks. Crouch is a definate stayer and I bloody hope FloPo stays.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:21 am

OUT:

Morientes - Enough chances
Cisse - Not good enough
Traore - Pathetic
Carson - I think once the world cup is out of the way Dudek will be happy to stay as backup.  Carson wants to be playing and to be honest I'd let him go.
Mellor - He'll sign permanently for Wigan
Le Tallec - Never good enough
The likes of Cheyrou and Diao won't be back

Staying?:

Crouch will stay but I can't see him being the main forward next season.
Fowler will be kept on as a squad player I reckon.
Pongolle will be asked to stay as a squad man but he might decide he's had enough bench time.

IN:

Paletta and Gonzalez on their way.

A left back.  Aurelio seems to be the talk at the moment.  Riise is good but Traore isn't and I have doubts over Warnock (but I think he'll be kept on as a squad man).

Right mid.  No idea who.  He's an unpopular choice with most fans but I still think Malbranque is worth a shot, always impressed when I see him play, I'd certainly take him over Simao.

Strikers.  We need 2 ideally.  Inevitably there will be talk of Owen again.  Kuyt will be touted as will David Villa.  A lot will depend on if and for how much we can offload Morientes and Cisse.  Remember Chelsea are after at least 1 striker this summer also so we could be priced out of the market until they've made their moves.

Midfielder.  Not necessarily this summer, but at some point I'd like to see us get Nolan.  Hamann's contracted for another year but to be honest I don't think he's up to it anymore (great servant to the club though).  He could be a useful makeweight in a deal for Nolan as Allardyce was keen to sign him last summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:36 am

money talks. that is what will make the difference in a world cup summer anyone who plays well will double in price. doiuf is your classic example

villa, would be top of my list just behind owen

cissie,nando,traore (he has just signed a five year deal though) gonners

players like didi and sami won't feature much next term but will be there to boost the squad

potter,whitbred and alt,mellor will just vanish to other clubs for small money

ping pong to have a good loan at blackburn but move on because he wants more first team football

no talk of SG, xabi,carra or rafa going would be nice

and finaly robbie, another chapter in his book abut how he got to say goodbye properly

YNWA
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:53 am

Out if Rafa stays-
Kirkland
Traore
Zenden
Fowler
Cisse
Moro
diao
tallec
mellor
plus some young players

In-
Palleta
gonzalez
plus whoever rafa can buy(i cant say joaquin or owen coz its just speculation)

If Rafa leaves for Madrid(some chance of that happening)
Out-
Kewell
Gerrard
Crouch
Hyypia
Plus above players.

In-
Whoever comes in the team cant replace Gerrard & would require atleast 50-60 million to rebuild for challenging for a 3rd to 5th place.
This summer is got to be tough in the transfer market.If we come up with some coup in the transfer market plus rafa stays we can surely be a top team challenging Chelsea let alone Manu or Arsenal.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:56 am

erd alonso, not havgn a go but why get rid of zenden?
he looked good until his injury and it just seems a bit mean. plus, rafa is going nowhere mate :)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:13 am

zenden was brought in as a squad player,a backup.
But Kewell & Riise will fit in there next season with the arrival of a new LB plus we will have gonzalez.There is plenty in midfield so Zenden will play only if he can do the job as aright winger which probably he cant.And with the injury problems he has & his age he might go out.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 am

I don't care who goes as long as they're one of the aforementioned rejects. Buy Owen, Ronaldo, Ballack and Jaoquin. Don't care what it costs, break the freakin bank and we'll win the league.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:31 am

Ya tell Rafa,Parry & Moores to rob the Swiss bank & buy us the following team-

Casillas
Puyol              Carra          Nesta              Gallas

Joaquin           Gerrard           Ballack              Duff

Adriano          Tevez
Subs-
Alonso
Owen
rosicky
Reina
Zanetti
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:36 am

why cant every Liverpool fan donate 10 dollars to the club .Rich ones can donate 100 dollars & supposing we have a million supporters who donate we can get 50-60 million from them to buy a couple of the likes of Adriano,Tevez or Joaquin.:p
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:39 am

because we are not chelsea u idiot!!!!
u want a team all with different players that we have now? and maybe we should move to italy?

are u seriously saying this to get banned or just look like a complete retard?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:48 am

the_red_alonso wrote:why cant every Liverpool fan donate 10 dollars to the club .Rich ones can donate 100 dollars & supposing we have a million supporters who donate we can get 50-60 million from them to buy a couple of the likes of Adriano,Tevez or Joaquin.:p

taxi for the_red_alonso please...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:49 am

Kewell will be gone by the end of the WC. Gonzo, Zenden and Riise will take up the slack in LM. We need a LB, 2 RM and 2-3 Strikers.

No one knows who will be brought in. Period.

I would like to see gone the following:

Kirkland, Traore, Cissy, Mori, Crouch (doubt it), Dudek, Mellor, Kewell (sufficient cover for LM, plus his wages are ridiculous) Le Tallec Diao and Cheyrou.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:55 am

All our strikers OUT.

Also, it is time Rafa learnt that just like your two centre backs should be settled to get to know each other, so should your front two. Playing a different pairing every game is stupid.

Yes- I know to some people criticising Rafa is a hanging offence but I believe his tactics here have damaged all the strikers.

Pick your front two and stick with them for the rest of the season, and next season do the same with whoever we get!!!!! :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion