So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:58 pm

bav, you call stu for slagging off, then you call him a retard :D

i give up :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:11 pm

bavlondon wrote:You should really try to refrain from making personal abusive comments stu. This is a forum to air views on the club not for personal slagging off you silly retard. Grow a brain knob head.

It might of been a bit harsh calling you an idiot, but your valuations on the players were well off the mark, and on nearly every player.
Stu called it about right with most of the valuations, even if he does have a....shall we say unique way of getting his point accross  :D
But to be fair the post was miles off the mark with the value of our players.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:Hope this is true, Liverpool back in for Dirk Kuijt  :buttrock

http://www.fr4ever.nl/index.p....ucat=2&

Basiclly it says with the dissappiontment of being knocked out of the CL against Benfica Rafa, wants to strengthen the squad and wants a 46 million euro transfer kitty.

We have started scouting for new recruits for next season already.
Last year Liverpool showed interest in Kuyt but the tranfer failed to materialise, now Liverpool have made him a target for Liverpool again for next season there is a big chance of this transfer going through.

Benitez is not happy with his current strike force, last year an 18 million euro price tag was on Katwijker Kuyts head thats around 12.5 million pound so if Rafa recieves his budget of 46 million euros it will be easy for the transfer to go through, at this moment there is no transfer agreement with Liverpool for Kuyt.

The Feyenoord forward has scored 18 goals this season plus 17 assists.

Feyenoord are looking to replace Kuyt with Roy Makaay.

I watched him the other night and still can't make my mind up. Bundles of energy but not a lot of technique.

However saying that, he can't be any worse than what we've got now. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby EddieC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:33 pm

Big Niall wrote:All our strikers OUT.

Also, it is time Rafa learnt that just like your two centre backs should be settled to get to know each other, so should your front two. Playing a different pairing every game is stupid.

Yes- I know to some people criticising Rafa is a hanging offence but I believe his tactics here have damaged all the strikers.

Pick your front two and stick with them for the rest of the season, and next season do the same with whoever we get!!!!! :angry:

I agree we need a regular pairing, but ALL our strikers out?

Crouch gives another option, whilst Robbie still has the touch if not the fitness, and is unlucky not to have 3 to his name since the second coming. These 2 to stay as squad players, Mighty Michael + another (Kuyt, Defoe?) as first choice pairing.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:23 pm

Judge wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Do a quick "banana".

no fantasies allowed on here stu

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Hope this is true, Liverpool back in for Dirk Kuijt  :buttrock

http://www.fr4ever.nl/index.p....ucat=2&

Basiclly it says with the dissappiontment of being knocked out of the CL against Benfica Rafa, wants to strengthen the squad and wants a 46 million euro transfer kitty.

We have started scouting for new recruits for next season already.
Last year Liverpool showed interest in Kuyt but the tranfer failed to materialise, now Liverpool have made him a target for Liverpool again for next season there is a big chance of this transfer going through.

Benitez is not happy with his current strike force, last year an 18 million euro price tag was on Katwijker Kuyts head thats around 12.5 million pound so if Rafa recieves his budget of 46 million euros it will be easy for the transfer to go through, at this moment there is no transfer agreement with Liverpool for Kuyt.

The Feyenoord forward has scored 18 goals this season plus 17 assists.

Feyenoord are looking to replace Kuyt with Roy Makaay.

I watched him the other night and still can't make my mind up. Bundles of energy but not a lot of technique.

However saying that, he can't be any worse than what we've got now. :D

Im not so sure about him myself. For me hes just the man of the moment in Holland but hes no Van Nistelrooy if thats what your all expecting. To be honest I think we should try and get Lukas Podolski from Wolfsburg. His price is ging to sky rocket after the world cup,,,watch this space...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DZed » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Some of these figures are totally ridiculous along with some of the speculation. Some of you mentioned that Kewell will definitely be gone, but I highly doubt that. He has proved this season that he is a much better player for us and will probably only get better. He's given us the match winner on 2 different occasions and has provided a real threat down the left wing. He's had a few bad games but I think it's unlikely Benitez will sell him and then try to find someone else that is better.
DZed

Postby 65-1140560321 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:49 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:It would take a bid of around £100m to make Barca part company with Ronaldinho.

£25-30m wouldn't even buy us Messi.

Thats pure speculation and nonsense. No player is worth 100m.

frank rikard the Dutch Barca boss, said he thought Ronaldhino would not sign for chelsea. But he did not say he wouldn't sell him!!!!!

Messi is only 18 i think....25-30m?  you are laughing mate

look at the worlds top player dealings....Chelsea offered 30m for Gerrard.  Beckham only sold for 25m, when people were talking 40m etc. Owen 8m to Madrid. Messi has only jsut broken onto the scene.

I'll bet you, if 30m was on the table for Ronnie for REAL, and He did want to come, Ronnie would be wearing Cisse's shirt next season.

No one is worth 100m of anyones money.
Zidane was only 40m when he was suposed to be "world player of the year" at the time, but Real are like Chelsea and pay over the odds.

What we need to do is lay down some serious money to buy 2/3 WORLD CLASS PLAYERS instead of 15m for five or six "pontential"  up and coming young players. IMO

of course I know nothing do I!........

Im confident rafa will sort out the strike problem if the situation continues. I have that much faith in him.

I've respected Rafael Benitez ever since he told danny Murphy to hop it, before a ball had even been kicked! before last season. So you know he will sort it out. if he needs 30m to build a better squad, he should get it. that should come before the new stadium.

It aint Rocket Science Football.
65-1140560321

Postby L-type » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:12 am

the_red_alonso wrote:why cant every Liverpool fan donate 10 dollars to the club .Rich ones can donate 100 dollars & supposing we have a million supporters who donate we can get 50-60 million from them to buy a couple of the likes of Adriano,Tevez or Joaquin.:p

Make all checks payable to L-type please !! :D
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:50 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:It would take a bid of around £100m to make Barca part company with Ronaldinho.

£25-30m wouldn't even buy us Messi.

Thats pure speculation and nonsense. No player is worth 100m.

frank rikard the Dutch Barca boss, said he thought Ronaldhino would not sign for chelsea. But he did not say he wouldn't sell him!!!!!

Messi is only 18 i think....25-30m?  you are laughing mate

look at the worlds top player dealings....Chelsea offered 30m for Gerrard.  Beckham only sold for 25m, when people were talking 40m etc. Owen 8m to Madrid. Messi has only jsut broken onto the scene.

I'll bet you, if 30m was on the table for Ronnie for REAL, and He did want to come, Ronnie would be wearing Cisse's shirt next season.

No one is worth 100m of anyones money.
Zidane was only 40m when he was suposed to be "world player of the year" at the time, but Real are like Chelsea and pay over the odds.

What we need to do is lay down some serious money to buy 2/3 WORLD CLASS PLAYERS instead of 15m for five or six "pontential"  up and coming young players. IMO

of course I know nothing do I!........

Im confident rafa will sort out the strike problem if the situation continues. I have that much faith in him.

I've respected Rafael Benitez ever since he told danny Murphy to hop it, before a ball had even been kicked! before last season. So you know he will sort it out. if he needs 30m to build a better squad, he should get it. that should come before the new stadium.

It aint Rocket Science Football.

So then - how old was Rooney when the scum forked out £30m for him? 18? I reckon so.

I tell you what:

You ring LFC up, and tell them to table a bid of £30m for Ronaldinho, and see how long the receptionist can last before she p*sses her pants with laughter.

A.) He wouldn't come, and B.) Barca would NOT sell him for anything short of a transfer-record smashing fee.

Again - £80-100m, and they'd snap your hand off. I seriously doubt they'd accept even £50m.

Oh, and BTW;

Ronaldinho is the reigning World Player of the Year, ningkompoop.  :wwww

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:29 am

I wouldnt mind Barton or Nolan crossing over in the summer to replace Hamann. They know the league well.

Fernando Torres will be Rafa's main target. Atletico desperately needs the money, they will never sell him to another Spanish team especially Real, the Italian clubs have no room for strikers without selling the likes of Adriano, Ibrahimovic or Schevchenko which they will never do.

If Joaquin also makes the journey, we will have a lot of creative talent from these 2 players. Though I would give an arm and a leg for Mancini who is doing wonders on the right side of midfield with Roma

Jon Dahl Thomason, the Danish lad from Milan is also an option if both Mori and Cisse go.
tel

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:39 am

chumpski are in for Tevez, however, reuters have spoke to the players agent and he says that tevez would prefer liverpool over any other english club, as he likes their history and managers mentality

so, he's made for us :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:06 am

tel wrote:I wouldnt mind Barton or Nolan crossing over in the summer to replace Hamann. They know the league well.

Fernando Torres will be Rafa's main target. Atletico desperately needs the money, they will never sell him to another Spanish team especially Real, the Italian clubs have no room for strikers without selling the likes of Adriano, Ibrahimovic or Schevchenko which they will never do.

If Joaquin also makes the journey, we will have a lot of creative talent from these 2 players. Though I would give an arm and a leg for Mancini who is doing wonders on the right side of midfield with Roma

Jon Dahl Thomason, the Danish lad from Milan is also an option if both Mori and Cisse go.

The 2 spanish players you have quoted would be out of our budget.
And Tomasson left Milan last year.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:18 am

Judge wrote:chumpski are in for Tevez, however, reuters have spoke to the players agent and he says that tevez would prefer liverpool over any other english club, as he likes their history and managers mentality

I though carlitos turned up to a press conference in a scum top and got slated by his manager/ex-manager (cant remember)
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:55 am

wee_boi888 wrote:
Judge wrote:chumpski are in for Tevez, however, reuters have spoke to the players agent and he says that tevez would prefer liverpool over any other english club, as he likes their history and managers mentality

I though carlitos turned up to a press conference in a scum top and got slated by his manager/ex-manager (cant remember)

that'll be coz youve had too much beer  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion