Come the summer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby En1gma_LFC » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:23 pm

Just thought id start a post about the transfer expectations in the summer. From whats been said i can see a fair bit of player movement both ways, although in my opinion keeping only 6 of the current players is abit excessive? Baros seems to be getting mixed reviews at the moment but i think that if we really want to make it back to where we belong we need players of similar ability to him to be backup for the team. He seems resigned to wanting 1st team football consistently which i dont think he'l get so any ideas on who you'd all like to see arriving and opinions about the possible *next generation* liverpoool side
En1gma_LFC

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:26 pm

En1gma_LFC wrote:Just thought id start a post about the transfer expectations in the summer. From whats been said i can see a fair bit of player movement both ways, although in my opinion keeping only 6 of the current players is abit excessive? Baros seems to be getting mixed reviews at the moment but i think that if we really want to make it back to where we belong we need players of similar ability to him to be backup for the team. He seems resigned to wanting 1st team football consistently which i dont think he'l get so any ideas on who you'd all like to see arriving and opinions about the possible *next generation* liverpoool side

sorry ace but, theres been loads of posts about whats going to happen in the summer .Frankly i'm going to worry about the next 9 games and worry about the summer when it comes,no disrespect intended
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:32 pm

yer there have been alot of these threads being made but its always nice to know what players other ppl think we should bring in . :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby En1gma_LFC » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:34 pm

:grinning:  i actually thought about that after id posted  :D

*Closes Thread*
En1gma_LFC

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:37 pm

if a lot of players like luis garcia keep on improving like they are we may not need the mass clearout everyones talking about.
when we do click we are a very good side, and with the likes of alonso and cisse to come back things aren`t as bad as we sometimes think.
the best signing we could make is that elusive fella - mister consistency.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 pm

Have to put up with enough of these threads come June-August :(\
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Silver » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:25 am

Rafael Benitez has admitted he is already planning for next season and is ready to introduce more youngsters to the club. 
Benitez is aware he may not have millions to spend in the transfer market this summer and so is looking at ways of strengthening the squad, starting with the reserve team.

He explained: "We need to change things and the first idea will be to change the structure of the reserve team.

"If you don't have a lot of money you need to have good young players for the future with quality in the reserve team and, although we do have good players there, we need more.

"We have used some of them in the Carling Cup but I want to be able to use reserve players in the Champions League. I want more English players because it would be easier for me.

"But when you go to buy an English player the price makes it forbidden - they are asking four million pounds for 15 year old players!

"We have a list of young English players but besides their names we have a price and that makes it difficult.

"If you go to look at young players in Argentina you can maybe sign three for every English one."

And the boss confirmed his summer plans won't change even if the Reds fail to qualify for the Champions League.

He said: "There is a lot of work to be done here and I will need to change things. Even if we don't qualify for the Champions League it will not change what I have to do.

"Finishing fourth was the minimum requirement when I came here and I remain positive that we can do that. But fourth place is still not good enough for Liverpool and next season I want to see my team with ambitions of winning trophies.

"I am not afraid of Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. They may be 30 points ahead of us now, but the difference over one game between us is not a big one.

"What we need to do is be more consistent. I want to be at the top and my challenge here is to win trophies. I am not here to finish fourth every season."
You Never Walk Aone
Silver

Postby 107-1111347541 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:51 pm

It may all depend on whether or not we get champions league football which may depend on the calibre of players we gt in the summer .

Mon the liverpool
107-1111347541

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion