So then who's getting the axe in summer? - And who will arrive?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:26 pm

The thing is 8 million for Pennant is a much better "deal" than 10 million for Simao...

I just don't rate Simao (like i don't rate Crouch..but that is another story). I have seen him play twice...and he is very average from what i have seen. He is somewhat like garcia.

Pennnat on the other hand is a good player. He can take on players & puts in good crosses. He does not defend well (i read somewhere that rafa likes his wingers to track back and defend)...so maybe he is not a "rafa" type of winger.....
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 pm

stu_the_red wrote:John, because of Pennant's reputation you'd probably get him cheaper than that.

All this "because he's english" nonsense is annoying and incorrect. Its not down to the nationality. That has nothing to do with it.

:nod

agreed! i don't care about nationality, i only care if the player is good enough to start in our starting 11.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:49 pm

Pennant is a good player but he is also a liability.  He is still getting into trouble and causing his poor manager serious headaches.  He simply isn't worth the disruption he would cause.

Crouch for me has to stay... the rest of our strikers I think need to go.  Fowler doesn't look like he is going to recapture his glorious form, Cisse has never had any glorious form to talk about and Morientes.. well he just aint good enough.

I would bring Ping Pong back, but my first choice would be Michael Owen.

Right sided Mid is deffo needed and my first choice would be Shaun Wright Phillips.. but he would be very expensive!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby desperado0831 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:54 pm

Totally Out :

Cisse
Morientes
Traore
Garcia
Rafa (if and only if he still keep alives of above players)

IN :

Two striker (e.g Owen,Torres,Defoe) - Priority - 10 out of 10
Two right winger (e.g Joaquin etc) - Priroty - 10 out of 10
One left back (for backup) - Priority - 5 out of 10

Yea,we need to splash around 25M-30M considering that the departure of the beloved players:
Morientes + Cisse = 10M
Garcia = 5M
Traore = 800K
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:55 pm

stu_the_red wrote:John, because of Pennant's reputation you'd probably get him cheaper than that.

All this "because he's english" nonsense is annoying and incorrect. Its not down to the nationality. That has nothing to do with it.

if pennant gets tagged electronically, we could get him on a free, when brum sack him  :D   :D

seriously, traore, stickman, morientes and cisse OUT

i refer to my other posts for who should come in
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Lets bring in-
Riquelme(we don have any attacking midfielder) or Aimar
Joaquin (plz splash some money board)
Bent,Owen,Kuit,Tevez(any two of them)
total costs would be around 60-70 million,can get 10-12 million from player sales so if we really are to compete the board would need to provide another 50million or so(but from where?)
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:06 pm

Slight correction, I meant because he plays for an English club rather than because he's English.

Disagree he'd cost less because of his reputation though.  Birmingham don't want to sell, don't particularly need the cash and hypothetically a big team like Liverpool want him.  3-5 million?  No fecking chance unfortunately
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm

john craig wrote:

Slight correction, I meant because he plays for an English club rather than because he's English.

Disagree he'd cost less because of his reputation though.  Birmingham don't want to sell, don't particularly need the cash and hypothetically a big team like Liverpool want him.  3-5 million?  No fecking chance unfortunately

Fair enough...

Still wrong though lad. :D
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:12 pm

In fairness to Simao, I have now seen him play three times and though I agree with those who say he doesn't look at all suited to English football, in one of the games he scored a free-kick from 25 yards at Old Trafford and in one of the others he scored a fantastic goal at Anfield. I don't agree with those who saud he didn't put a decent ball accross the box, he certainly caused a few flutters at Anfield each time he got the ball.
I personally wouldn't pay 12 million quid for him if I was Rafa but he is definately a good player. We shouldn't let the likes of Morientes cloud our judgement too much of players from abroad. Some do settle into the physicality with relish. Just because each time anybody goes near simao right now he goes down as if shot, it doesn't necessarily mean that he won't adapt to the Premiership.
I'd look for another option if I'm honest but if we got him, you can probably be certain of a few spectacular goals at the very least.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:19 pm

Out:

Kirkland,
Dudek,
Carson?
Traore,
Mellor,
Cheyrou (at last)
Diao      ( "    "  )
Morientes (hopefully)
Cisse (Not in Rafa'a plans at all)
Pingy (Want's 1st-team football)
Whitbread,
Medjani,
Hamann (may want to leave for more action)
Kewell? (Probably hand a transfer request in due to a big-wages offer!!!!! :D ).

In:

A RIGHT WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either Simao, Srna or an unknown Spanish/Argentine.

2 STRIKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preferably David Villa and Dirk Kjuit.

A left-back would be nice, with that Brazilian from Valencia being mentioned.

An gap in midfield also needs filling with the following player, IMHO, if we are to challenge Sh*ski:

AIMAR. Simple as that.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:20 pm

bigmick wrote:In fairness to Simao, I have now seen him play three times and though I agree with those who say he doesn't look at all suited to English football, in one of the games he scored a free-kick from 25 yards at Old Trafford and in one of the others he scored a fantastic goal at Anfield. I don't agree with those who saud he didn't put a decent ball accross the box, he certainly caused a few flutters at Anfield each time he got the ball.
I personally wouldn't pay 12 million quid for him if I was Rafa but he is definately a good player. We shouldn't let the likes of Morientes cloud our judgement too much of players from abroad. Some do settle into the physicality with relish. Just because each time anybody goes near simao right now he goes down as if shot, it doesn't necessarily mean that he won't adapt to the Premiership.
I'd look for another option if I'm honest but if we got him, you can probably be certain of a few spectacular goals at the very least.

I ALSO AGREE WITH JUDGE'S ANALYSIS 100%

cheers mick

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:29 pm

This has been done a million times before but still here I go:

Goalkeepers:
Martin
Carson/Dudek

Kirkland and one of Dudek/Carson must leave. Kirlkand on a free (as he is a poor goalie and who on earth is after poor goalkeepers (except Houllier)) and Dudek/Carson for 500k.

RB:
Finnan
New

Kromkamp is in over his head as he was in Spain. Too slow to defend or make a contribution. Maybe he is a better central defender than he is a fullback?

CD:
Carra
Paletta
Agger

Hyypia maybe kept as cover or sold/given away on a free.

LB:
Riise
New

Traore and Warnock not good enough. Warnock could be kept to please the buy british fanatics.

CM:
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Hamann

Only area where we have enough quality.

RM:
New
New
Garcia/Gerrard

Don't think we will suffer through another season without a real winger. I am that close to saying bring back Nunez.

LM:
Zenden
Gonzalez

Sell Kewell. No determination, bad movement, no flair anymore. A shadow of the player we thought we bought.

Striker
Crouch
New
New
Fowler?

Sell Cisse and Morientes

My team next year

Reina

XXX
Carra
Paletta/Agger
XXX

XXX
Alonso
Gerrard
XXX or Gonzalez

Crouch
XXX

So as you can see Liverpool is still work in progress and far far from a finished product.

We need to sign players for about 50 million pounds and we can maybe get 5 million from selling some players. So we are 45 short. That is not possible to fix in one summer so don't expect us to fix every problem area right away. Liverpool has been in shambles for so long so Benitez must be given time.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:30 pm

No really, I do agree with the Judges analysis. Always :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:31 pm

personally i think defoe will be a liverpool player next season. he's exactly the kind of ruthless finisher we need and he's too good to be sitting on the bench at spurs week in week out. in terms of who the right winger will be i quite frankly have no idea.

as for players leaving, everyone knows who they will be. cisse, morientes, dudek, traore to name but four.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 pm

banana wrote:This has been done a million times before but still here I go:

Goalkeepers:
Martin
Carson/Dudek

Kirkland and one of Dudek/Carson must leave. Kirlkand on a free (as he is a poor goalie and who on earth is after poor goalkeepers (except Houllier)) and Dudek/Carson for 500k.

RB:
Finnan
New

Kromkamp is in over his head as he was in Spain. Too slow to defend or make a contribution. Maybe he is a better central defender than he is a fullback?

CD:
Carra
Paletta
Agger

Hyypia maybe kept as cover or sold/given away on a free.

LB:
Riise
New

Traore and Warnock not good enough. Warnock could be kept to please the buy british fanatics.

CM:
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Hamann

Only area where we have enough quality.

RM:
New
New
Garcia/Gerrard

Don't think we will suffer through another season without a real winger. I am that close to saying bring back Nunez.

LM:
Zenden
Gonzalez

Sell Kewell. No determination, bad movement, no flair anymore. A shadow of the player we thought we bought.

Striker
Crouch
New
New
Fowler?

Sell Cisse and Morientes

My team next year

Reina

XXX
Carra
Paletta/Agger
XXX

XXX
Alonso
Gerrard
XXX or Gonzalez

Crouch
XXX

So as you can see Liverpool is still work in progress and far far from a finished product.

We need to sign players for about 50 million pounds and we can maybe get 5 million from selling some players. So we are 45 short. That is not possible to fix in one summer so don't expect us to fix every problem area right away. Liverpool has been in shambles for so long so Benitez must be given time.

:laugh:
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion