Owen joquin and metzelder to arrive nexy week.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:58 pm

I have it from a strong source that owen will be returning next week, when stevie gerrard signed his new contract part of the deal in it was he would only sign it if michael came home if he became available. Talks are allready on going and a deal will be wrapped up in the next few days, this is why rafa is desperate to off load baros as soon as possible. Also joquin is the player to fill the right mid position secret talks are taking place to bring the magic winger in next week. The centre back that rafa has turned to is metzelder all three are to arrive by the end of next week with only minor things to iron out with the deals.Whatch this space these have been ongoing for the last week.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:01 pm

I seriously doubt Joaquin is coming. Betis said recently they woudl noly sell for an amount close to his buy out clause of 40 million, and I don't think we have that kind of dosh! Also, didn't he recently sign a new contract with Betis?

I wish all this were true, but i have major doubts.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:06 pm

................ ???
SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER MISPLACED RUMOUR TO ME!!!!
what "STRONG" may this be??
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:10 pm

Ill say one thing for the Wizard, he doesn't do minor predictions. Almost without exception he goes for the jugular and attention grabbing headline. Unfortunately, whether or not he has a connection to the inner sanctum of Anfield his success rate has proved to be not even hit and miss in the past, more miss and miss TBH. Having said all of that, I just hope that one time he gets it right and we sign some of these names. Seems like a win win to me. We get some top players and he gets to tell me to stick it up me erse.
There seems to be only one person on here who has access to the BATphone, and that's CIGGY. Kewell to play in the CL final when everyone thought he was still injured. Crouch as a target when everyone thought she was joking. Kujit as a target when most of us had never even heard of him. Believe me if Lynds says that Own is coming then you can bet that he probably is.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:11 pm

Also joquin is the player to fill the right mid position secret talks are taking place to bring the magic winger in next week

??? ???
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:17 pm

i hope the owen bit is true! technically he'd only cost 4 or 5 million if we can offload baros!
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby barnesrush » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:18 pm

where has she said this mick? i remember welshy comin up with some predictons before but cant remember who he said we were signing. how wrong was he before??? (couldnt use search for old posts)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:21 pm

This has to be complete bollox.

I don't think we could afford Owen OR Joaquin, let alone both of them.  You're talking about 20 mil plus for Joaquin and at least 15 mil for Owen I reckon.  And considering a centre-back is the absolute priority, we're not going to be blowing our budget on attacking players.

As for Metzelder, if he was fully fit I'd take him no bother, trouble is he's as bad as bloody Woodgate for being injured, doubt Rafa would be interested.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:34 pm

have it from a strong source that owen will be returning next week, when stevie gerrard signed his new contract part of the deal in it was he would only sign it if michael came home if he became available. Talks are allready on going and a deal will be wrapped up in the next few days, this is why rafa is desperate to off load baros as soon as possible. Also joquin is the player to fill the right mid position secret talks are taking place to bring the magic winger in next week. The centre back that

Yadda yadda yadda, Some Bloke from one of the daily rags was spouting this tosh on sky sports news this mornin' also the Owen story is splashed all over the papers, Personally i don't even think Rafa would take him, As for Joaquin - just signed a new contract and we can't afford him!

??? ??? ???

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:34 pm

barnesrush wrote:where has she said this mick? i remember welshy comin up with some predictons before but cant remember who he said we were signing. how wrong was he before??? (couldnt use search for old posts)

Like you Barnesy, I can't be bothered to trawl through either. I do disticntly remember the three cases mentioned though. On Crouch, when she first posted it along with the rider "but I hope it's not true" she got laughed off. It was over a week later that the story appeared in the press. Similarly with Kujit, when she first mentioned him I honestly had never heard of the fella and posted to that effect. I was then informed of his prowess and then within a few days his name started to crop up in the papers. On Kewell, if you search the CL final threads you'll see she predicted he would play long befor ethe team was announced. Once again the prediction was met with disbelief and once more it was on the money.
She definately has got a connection to the inner halls. PM her and ask and she might even tell you mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:43 pm

No disrespect here Wizzard but I find the Joaquin thing rubbish, their is no way we could afford that lad :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:44 pm

no its just the search function doesnt work for some reason. not doubting ciggy as she seems to always come up trumps, i was just wondering where she had said owen was comin back? ive seen stuff on it a couple of weeks ago when rumours were rife, it jus seems to have cooled doen since and the only thing fueling the rumours is real's transfer activity.

welshy what predictions did u give us last transfer window? im sure u were right about our interest in the players u mentioned, if i remember correctly, but from recollection i seem to think your success rate was less than reliable. anyone else remember who he linked us with?

be pretty damn happy if these happened tho as long as metzelders fitness is ok
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm

Mark Lawrenson said on radio 5 that liverpool have or will be putting in a bid for owen
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:55 pm

and we all know how :censored: his predictions can be!!  fortunately they often turn out to be in our favour tho.
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:59 pm

have it from a strong source that owen will be returning next week, when stevie gerrard signed his new contract part of the deal in it was he would only sign it if michael came home if he became available

there is no way Parry and Rafa would allow a PLAYER to decide on who we do or do not buy.  No way in a million years  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion