MANCHESTER CITY vs LIVERPOOL - 3pm, Sunday 5 October

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:00 am

skatesy wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Im looking forward to seeing how Riera handles an on fire SWP.I think it could go a long way to telling us if we have got the player we are hoping we have on the left!

More importantly, can Aurelio / Dossena handle the on fire SWP?

I think the key for Liverpool is, like I said earlier, to break up the Robinho - SWP - Elano - Jo thing that is going on. If that can be broken up to the point that they cannot create anything then Liverpool is going to take the game. Otherwise, if they are on fire then it will likely be a higher scoring game which may not bode well for Liverpool.

I'm only worry SWP and Robinho but they should be worry on the way we attack. Most of the time, from 2 strikers ( Keane and Torres ) we quickly change to 4 strikers ( plus Kuyt and SG ) ....

Their GoalKepper is the weakest link .... we should try long shot.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Owzat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
skatesy wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would play

-----------reina
arby---carra--skertel---agger
gerrard---xabi--mash--riera
--------torres--kuyt

subs:
diego, aurelio, keane, lucas, el zhar, hyypia, babel

After scoring a goal against PSV, and his confidence rising there is NO WAY I would leave Keane out of this match. That is just a bad move from every standpoint, especially a managerial one.

yeah i understand. i would take kuyt off then. we should let them worry about us instead of us worrying about their trio. however Rafa might be doing that so i reckon we would see conservative but effective football. i wont be surprised if we win by more then 2 goals though. we just have to neutralize swp and robinho.

Erm, team comes before individuals. No player is more important than the team, and if that means leaving a striker on the bench - one who has scored ONE goal in 11 games and 736 minutes - then so be it. If he can't understand a TACTICAL move then it's not worth bothering with him, last thing we need is another Crouch who cries because he's not first choice even if he's done little to warrant being first choice.

Thankfully it isn't skatesy's decision, sadly I reckon Rafa is just as wrapped up in the fact that Keane cost £20.3m and just as keen (excuse the pun) to play him and pander to motivating and keeping happy ONE player over all others. Not much of a £20.3m footballer if he can't take relegation to the bench, even after scoring
Last edited by Owzat on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Their GoalKepper is the weakest link .... we should try long shot.

Laughably a citeh fan put HART in his "team for 2009/10", which he did say was ideal but realistic. My reaction was not disimilar to your's, if realism and money leads to Hart being your keeper then you're fooked.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:50 am

Owzat wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Their GoalKepper is the weakest link .... we should try long shot.

Laughably a citeh fan put HART in his "team for 2009/10", which he did say was ideal but realistic. My reaction was not disimilar to your's, if realism and money leads to Hart being your keeper then you're fooked.

city have lots of weaklinks. they were sh!t against chelsea. started brightly but once chelsea had robinho and swp in the bag, it was game over. i cant see city scoring in this game though with our play at the moment. we're too good for them. with or without their new owners.

the only time i celebrated a city goal against us was Fowler's  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:39 am

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

can Agger play at left back?? ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 am

7_Kewell wrote:

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

lol.. can kuyt play in right mid ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

7_Kewell wrote:

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

he has played there before hasnt he? im sure he had. i remember one game  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:52 pm

Mascherano Ready For Robinho War

Liverpool's gritty Argentinian midfielder Javier Mascherano is relishing the prospect of another battle with Manchester City's Brazilian trickster Robinho.

Javier Mascherano claims that he knows all about Manchester City forward Robinho as the pair faced each other numerous times while excelling through the youth ranks for their respective nations: Argentina; and Brazil.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has said that Mascherano was rested in the midweek Champions League clash with PSV Eindhoven so that he would be fresh for the side's City of Manchester Stadium visit, and Mascherano said he is relishing the opportunity to come up against his old foe.

"I have played against him many times," Mascherano explained to Liverpoolfc.tv. "I know him and he's a fantastic player with a lot of quality. Obviously the Premier League is the most difficult league, so maybe he'll find it tough."

"Having said this, he's already played some good games there," he continued. "We know they have a good team and they're stronger than last year, obviously. They have a good manager and are improving a little bit more than before.

"I remember all our games at Man City have been very difficult. We need to be very careful but of course we need to win if we want to stay at the top of the table."

"If you want to fight for the Premier League you can't lose many points. We know it'll be difficult to win there but I am confident we have the players to win," he concluded.

Goal.com

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Dont Belive Charlie! » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 pm

I think we need to start well and neautrlise city then we can run the midfield. If that happens i can see us winning 2-0 .Come on you red men!
Dont Belive Charlie!

Postby skatesy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

he has played there before hasnt he? im sure he had. i remember one game  :D

I tried to look for actual proof earlier, however I am almost certain that Agger has played as a fullback in the past for Denmark.
skatesy

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:41 pm

is this game on TV?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:46 pm

Fuck me - Sunderland just pulled an absolute crackerjack there and are 1-0 up against Arsenal. What a hit.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:48 pm

What a strike!!
Come on Sunderland!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:54 pm

1-1 -.-
comentator "arsenal haven't looked threatening from set pieces"
crossed in.....goal :angry:
europian-kings