MANCHESTER CITY vs LIVERPOOL - 3pm, Sunday 5 October

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 pm

I've got a good feeling about this game, we've been playing our way into form and the teams brimming with confidence.

.                                  Reina

.Arbeloa         Carragher            Skrtle            Aurelio

Kuyt              Gerrard               Mascherano    Riera

Torres       Keane

3-1 win   :buttrock.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Im looking forward to seeing how Riera handles an on fire SWP.I think it could go a long way to telling us if we have got the player we are hoping we have on the left!
Some rumours today surfacing that Spurs want Hughes,not sure if theres any truth in them though,not that thats all that relevant to anything! :D
Cant see anything other than 3 points for us!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:13 pm

bigmick wrote:I think he'll keep the same team save for perhaps one change (and my money's on Dossena back in for Aurelio). I wouldn't needless to say, because of rotational considerations and because I think Aurelio is a better player.

I've actually got a feeling that this is the game where we'll really announce the fact that we mean business this season. I fancy us strong, as despite our good start results wise we've been playing sh!t but are just starting to come into form. I take the non rotation to begin to kick in now, I fancy us to win 2 or 3 nil. This will be the game where everyone sits up and says, "feck me they are going to be contenders this year". If we carry on selcting the team sensibly they're right, we are.

Agreed mate,

Make a statement in this game, put Liverpool in the minds of the other contending teams.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:28 pm

2-0
Zidane

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Hopefully rafa has spotted what me and sabre have been going on about , garrido , might even be tempted to put stevie there and i think he might do better against than kuyt . Alonso and Masch sitting will help as well , Ireland and Elano won't have to time to spray their passes .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Jeez, if we could just fit ONE more player into the team it would solve so many problems. Albeit, I agree it would definitely crowd the pitch a bit more, but y'know...
skatesy

Postby Woollyback » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:21 pm

i'm going for 2-0 to us. why? simple - city are sh1t. always have been sh1t, always will be sh1t. just cos they've suddenly come into money doesn't make them any good, it's not like they have a team of galacticos yet. oh, and did i mention they were sh1t?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 pm

:D I tink I missed that bit ..

At least 2-0 for me - we're on a roll confidence is high high high.. Valencia-isc feeling ay .. get in there Red men, my heart and soul.. always :angry:
Last edited by zarababe on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Don't care who will score and what is the score line .... Just get that 3 points ... COME ON BOYS !!
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Rush Job » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:06 am

We are the only team not to have conceded on our early season travels and long may it continue.
On a side note, i definately feel chelsea arent as strong this year as the last few, only won one out of their three home games and I reckon agaist the top four they`ll miss Makelele who was steadfast in his protection of his defence, they`ll win loads by three or four but when it comes to the crunch agaist the other top four teams i think they could well come up short, and we all know those games are vital.
Lets keep the presure on.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:39 am

i would play

-----------reina
arby---carra--skertel---agger
gerrard---xabi--mash--riera
--------torres--kuyt

subs:
diego, aurelio, keane, lucas, el zhar, hyypia, babel
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:44 am

Owzat wrote:
skatesy wrote:I fully believe that Alonso has been playing very well for us, however I do think we should bring in Mascherano to boss around that Robinho - Jo - SWP little trio...not that he would be doing it on his own, but I think he needs to spearhead that breakup.

I've seen so many Liverpool fans react ridiculously to suggestions he could be left out - "but we paid £20.3m for him!" So what? We paid £18.6m for Mascherano and few on here are throwing their toys out of their prams because he hasn't played in the last four games.

good point. perhaps there is higher expectations for a striker then a defensive mid. or maybe some are like ''we have alonso to cover that area''.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby skatesy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 am

Number 9 wrote:Im looking forward to seeing how Riera handles an on fire SWP.I think it could go a long way to telling us if we have got the player we are hoping we have on the left!

More importantly, can Aurelio / Dossena handle the on fire SWP?

I think the key for Liverpool is, like I said earlier, to break up the Robinho - SWP - Elano - Jo thing that is going on. If that can be broken up to the point that they cannot create anything then Liverpool is going to take the game. Otherwise, if they are on fire then it will likely be a higher scoring game which may not bode well for Liverpool.
skatesy

Postby skatesy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would play

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

After scoring a goal against PSV, and his confidence rising there is NO WAY I would leave Keane out of this match. That is just a bad move from every standpoint, especially a managerial one.
skatesy

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:03 am

skatesy wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would play

-----------reina
--------torres--kuyt

subs:

After scoring a goal against PSV, and his confidence rising there is NO WAY I would leave Keane out of this match. That is just a bad move from every standpoint, especially a managerial one.

yeah i understand. i would take kuyt off then. we should let them worry about us instead of us worrying about their trio. however Rafa might be doing that so i reckon we would see conservative but effective football. i wont be surprised if we win by more then 2 goals though. we just have to neutralize swp and robinho.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion