MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 1st team to beat man city at home?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby club_Levis » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:35 pm

s@int wrote:Reina

Finnan    Carra      Hyypia     Arbeloa/Riise

Benayoun      Gerrard     Mascherano     Kewell

Torres     Babel

Buy another striker please Rafa

That team would surely give us the the three points Saint with arbeloa preferred over Riise.
club_Levis

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:
Foximus wrote:An important game which could go either way, hopefull our class in torres, gerrard and co will shine through, id go with

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Arbeloa  Riise

Alonso,    Masch,
Gerrard,                  Kewell

Torres.

2-1, Kewell and Torres

You're right, the inclusion of Voronin/Kuyt can literally mean we're one man down from the get go.

Thats very harsh mate , kuyt at least helps with the defending and stuff , but its his ability to poach goals now that has let him down , i have been very patient with kuyt and if he does not get 10 goals in the league by the end of it , i say sell him for whatever we can get

I really do not foresee Kuyt scoring anywhere near 10 goals by the end of the season and I think most on this forum will agree with me.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 pm

I think the only good thing i can say about kuyt is that he and Torres link up really well , Torres seems to play much better with Kuyt then any other strikers in the squad.
Elchris

Postby GOAT » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:37 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:
Foximus wrote:An important game which could go either way, hopefull our class in torres, gerrard and co will shine through, id go with

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Arbeloa  Riise

Alonso,    Masch,
Gerrard,                  Kewell

Torres.

2-1, Kewell and Torres

You're right, the inclusion of Voronin/Kuyt can literally mean we're one man down from the get go.

Thats very harsh mate , kuyt at least helps with the defending and stuff , but its his ability to poach goals now that has let him down , i have been very patient with kuyt and if he does not get 10 goals in the league by the end of it , i say sell him for whatever we can get

I really do not foresee Kuyt scoring anywhere near 10 goals by the end of the season and I think most on this forum will agree with me.

I think he's scored 7 or 8 already

edit: oh the league you mean, yeah i cant really see him getting 10
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:31 pm

For me, I wouldn't bother picking Crouch, Voronin or Kuyt. I'd have Torres as a lone striker and flood the middle to stop them passing. Knick possession and feed it to Torres for a 1-0 tight game win to us.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:37 pm

my crazy concoction for this week, sounds like Hyypia is out:
                               Reina
     Finnan            Carra        Arbeloa     Riise
   Gerrard          Mascherano    Alonso     Kewell
                                Yossi
                                 Torres
Subs: Itandje, Aurelio, Lucas, Babel, Kuyt
JoeTerp

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 pm

That Petrov looks frigtening have to keep an eye on him on sunday, City 2-1 up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:34 pm

TBH I actually fancy us here quite strong. We've had an extra day to recover, we've had our little scare and I think if Rafa goes with somewhere near his strongest team, we'll get home. I think he'll go with Alonso and Masherano in the centre, with Gerrard on the right and Kewell on the left (I wouldn't. I'd play Gerrard and Masherano central with Benayoun right side) and I think he'll play Kuyt and Torres up top. Despite all our misgivings about Kuyt, he is clearly a better bet than Voronin as although neither offer any discernable goal threat, the Dutchman runs about a bit more :D so as far as that's concerned, unless he takes a punt on Babel he has no choice really.

I don't think Agger will play and I think Hyppia will recover. The fullbacks will be any two from four with the only certainty being that Arbeloa will play. Like i say, a good sensible team selection with a formation within which the players have sort of idea where they should hang about, and I think we'll have too much for them. We are going to need to because at this stage and where we find ourselves, anything less than a win simply isn't enough. A good performance and a comfy 2-0 is my prediction. Just for those who think I jinx the team  :( if you prefer I'll predict a 3-0 Man City romp.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 pm

2-2, if it wasnt for the fact he signed a 4 year deal when brought in the summer, i would be asking if anyone fancied Santa Cruz to join us in jan? :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:That Petrov looks frigtening have to keep an eye on him on sunday, City 2-1 up.

The atletico fans will confirm it to you better, but Petrov, despite being a decent-good player, and pacy on the left wing, I wouldn't consider him to be in the realms of frightening.

He's pacy yes, but a good marker, will know to push him to the wing, at some point he'll reach the end, and you'll see that while running, his crosses are not good. With the dead ball his waist is a bit of Iron, meaning he hasn't that dribbling with the waist that our Kewell has for instance.

Then Man city have that Garrido, the ex RS player. I predicted failures both for Mikel Alonso and Garrido in the premiership and this time it seems I was right. Garrido is technically decent, but he has fear to tackle. He doesn't have trust in his turn so he gives you a lot of meters, he's not a very "close-up" marker. It would have been an easy target for any of our players, and I was wishing our players face him. Garrido is the kind of player that could make Pennant a world class performer, if you see what I mean.

Unfortunately in the Chelsea game all this aspects I've mentioned became evident, and I think the 6 goals came from that right wing. It's a pity he doesn't play because I wanted Liverpool humillated his wing.  :down: Afterwards he's been sat down.

The good news is that "Ball" that plays instead of him must not be much better either.

Come on Liverpool!
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:41 pm

City just drew 2-2.

We retain fourth place.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:42 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:That Petrov looks frigtening have to keep an eye on him on sunday, City 2-1 up.

The atletico fans will confirm it to you better, but Petrov, despite being a decent-good player, and pacy on the left wing, I wouldn't consider him to be in the realms of frightening.

He's pacy yes, but a good marker, will know to push him to the wing, at some point he'll reach the end, and you'll see that while running, his crosses are not good. With the dead ball his waist is a bit of Iron, meaning he hasn't that dribbling with the waist that our Kewell has for instance.

The reason he was praised in the match was cos his cosses were great  :laugh:
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:44 pm

username wrote:
Sabre wrote:

The reason he was praised in the match was cos his cosses were great  :laugh:

Must have been taught to cross in England then,  :D , because in the 6-7 complete games I saw of him (1 of them live), he was cráp in that sense!

Well, you never know mate. Torres never had great numbers in Spain at the end of the season, and now his goal ratio is comparable to the Liverpool legends in the past, and Liverpool have some legends!!

Still, not that frightening IMHO.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Bit more confident of getting 3 points on sunday now, cheeky b@stard City fans booing their players off its the first time in 50 years they have gone on a ten game run at home unbeaten.

We retain fourth, fingers crossed Chelsea get beat,  we win on sunday we go 3rd with our game in hand we are right back in the mix. :)

Oh and Id throw a bid in for Santa Cruz or swap him for Crouch if Hughes is interested.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Sabre wrote:Then Man city have that Garrido, the ex RS player. I predicted failures both for Mikel Alonso and Garrido in the premiership and this time it seems I was right. Garrido is technically decent, but he has fear to tackle. He doesn't have trust in his turn so he gives you a lot of meters, he's not a very "close-up" marker. It would have been an easy target for any of our players, and I was wishing our players face him. Garrido is the kind of player that could make Pennant a world class performer, if you see what I mean.

Unfortunately in the Chelsea game all this aspects I've mentioned became evident, and I think the 6 goals came from that right wing. It's a pity he doesn't play because I wanted Liverpool humillated his wing.  :down: Afterwards he's been sat down.

The good news is that "Ball" that plays instead of him must not be much better either.

Come on Liverpool!

Garrido came on with 20 mins to go, didnt do much and Mikel Alsono is out of contract at Bolton in January he hasnt impressed but then again he has hardly played.

If we score early doors sunday it will be a rout, dont think City will play for a draw it will be a very open game, Torres will get loads of space and Dunne will be sh!tting his kecks at the prospect of having to mark him.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion