MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 1st team to beat man city at home?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:59 am

Bamaga man wrote:Mascha HAS to start.

Reina

Finnan    Carragher    Hyypia    Arbeloa

Babel      Gerrard    Mashca       Riise

Kewell   Torres

Riise was poor again against Derby, but for this game I wouldnt play too many 'flair' players in midfield. Riise is certainly more defence minded and i think that extra bit of steel in the midfiled may help us get a foothold on the game. But going forward down the left will be prett non-exsistant, having Kewell uptop, he could pull wide left and give the wing and Torres a bit of 'savy' in support. But definately Mascha has to start this one for me, its paramount  for me if we want to win.

I don't wanna see babel on the wing no more dude....  :no
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:07 am

The_Rock wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Mascha HAS to start.

Reina

Finnan    Carragher    Hyypia    Arbeloa

Babel      Gerrard    Mashca       Riise

Kewell   Torres

Riise was poor again against Derby, but for this game I wouldnt play too many 'flair' players in midfield. Riise is certainly more defence minded and i think that extra bit of steel in the midfiled may help us get a foothold on the game. But going forward down the left will be prett non-exsistant, having Kewell uptop, he could pull wide left and give the wing and Torres a bit of 'savy' in support. But definately Mascha has to start this one for me, its paramount  for me if we want to win.

I don't wanna see babel on the wing no more dude....  :no

babel's better on the left wing
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:08 am

My lineup to start against City (provided Hyypia, Agger, Pennant are still injured):

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Arbeloa  Riise

Benayoun  Gerrard  Mascherano  Kewell

Torres  Kuyt

SUBS: Itandje, Alonso, Voronin, Aurelio, Hobbs.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:48 am

Don't care if we played terrible against Derby. It was just after Christmas, nobody was on their game, perhaps taking it a little bit lightly. The players will regroup and come out firing against Man City. 3-0 The Reds way I think, with 2 to Torres and 1 to Kewell (the first)

REINA
Arebloa                       Carragher                Hyypia                       Riise

Gerrard                       Mascherano             Alonso                     Kewell

Kuyt
                                                              Torres

Should be enough to beat Man City. We need all 3 points and I think we can get there. If we're gonna challenge for the title, we need to win these games
Seano Kop

Postby skatesy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:21 am

Seano Kop wrote:Don't care if we played terrible against Derby. It was just after Christmas, nobody was on their game, perhaps taking it a little bit lightly. The players will regroup and come out firing against Man City. 3-0 The Reds way I think, with 2 to Torres and 1 to Kewell (the first)

REINA
Arebloa                       Carragher                Hyypia                       Riise

Gerrard                       Mascherano             Alonso                     Kewell

Kuyt
                                                              Torres

Should be enough to beat Man City. We need all 3 points and I think we can get there. If we're gonna challenge for the title, we need to win these games

The midfield is always such an issue for me.

Lately as a result of the fact that Alonso has been out with an injury I have been adamant that the:

Benayoun        Gerrard        Mascherano       Kewell

has been the best midfield and I tend to still think it is. I think that having Benayoun on the RM and Kewell on the LM is so important because they are both very creative, fast, witty and provide a lot of balance to the team. I firmly believe that they need to stay there. What makes this whole midfield such a hard issue is that Mascherano is such a rock in the midfield so I am so reluctant to want to substitute him out as well. Am I the only one that sometimes wonders that being allowed to field one more player would solve all our midfield headaches?  :D

I am thinking that we need to stick with the above mentioned midfield. And if we want to bring in Alonso, bring him in for Mascherano.
skatesy

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:26 am

Mascharano will play to mark Elano, similar to the job he did on Kaka in the CL final

expect a 4-5-1
burjennio

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:29 am

people putting kuyt in their teams   :laugh:

you are all having a bubble   :D
112-1077774096

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am

Or perhaps:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Arbeloa  Riise

Benayoun  Alonso  Mascherano  Kewell
                 Gerrard
                 Torres

SUBS: Itandje, Lucas, Aurelio, Voronin, Babel.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:03 am

peewee wrote:people putting kuyt in their teams   :laugh:

:D   :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:32 am

rafa i don't think would put babel as a striker , which only leaves dirk kuyt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 am

Toffeehater wrote:

He said Bubble not Babel.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:38 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

He said Bubble not Babel.  :D

i know just saying , everyone knows that voro is sh!te and kuyt is the only striker , crouch might feature
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:39 am

Manchester City v Liverpool (30/12/2007) - Meet the Referee
Thursday, 27th December 2007

Uriah Rennie takes charge of his second Premiership game of the season as we travel the short journey to Eastlands to play Manchester City.

This will also be his second Premiership game since April. This is because his name was taken off the referee list after he failed the mandatory fitness tests in the summer. He was diagnosed as having a hamstring injury and was allowed to take the test when the injury cleared up. He returned to football only last month and has now four Championship games under his belt this season. Ironically his last game at Eastlands was the goalless draw between City and ourselves. We are currently under an unbeaten run of seven games with Rennie in charge going back to November 2005.

The 48 year-old Community Liaison Manager from South Yorkshire is well into his second stint as a Premiership referee after being relegated to the Football League in 2000. He only found out about his demotion through the back pages of his local paper. Not only did the FA fail to notify Uriah of the decision, they also failed to notify FIFA and they appointed him to a U21 international match between France and Austria. Rennie answered his critics by having one of his best seasons in 2001, resulting in his immediate promotion back to the Premiership. However controversy is never far away from Uriah and in November 2005 the Preston North End stadium announcer Adam Cattarall greeted the players for the second half of their league game with Crystal Palace "Welcome to the second half of the Uriah Rennie show" ringing in their ears.

He is probably not only one of the most recognisable officials in today's game, but he is possibly one of the fittest. Football is not the only sport in his life as he is an accomplished kick-boxer and an Aikido expert, if the players knew this maybe they wouldn't be as quick to surround him during a game.

Rennie is also a legal expert having earned a Masters in Business Administration in Law, and works as a magistrate in Sheffield. He once said "My work as a magistrate was never really linked to the fact that I was a ref. I became a ref because I wanted to be involved in football, but I also want to do my bit for the community." He also works in Leisure Management for Sheffield City Council.

His assistants for this game are Shaun Procter-Green and Roy Burton with Phil Dowd as the fourth official.

Some memorable matches between Liverpool and Rennie.

16th January 1999 - Liverpool hit seven past Southampton at Anfield. Robbie Fowler bagged three.

10th January 2001 - Jari Litmanen makes his debut in a 2-1 semi-final 1st leg defeat at Crystal Palace.

1st January 2003 - A Danny Murphy penalty gives Liverpool a 1-0 win at Maine Road against Manchester City in the FA Cup 3rd round.

29th August 2004 - Steven Warnock makes his full Premiership debut, Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia appear in a Liverpool shirt for the first time in a 1-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers.

29th October 2005 - Bolo Zenden scores his first goal for Liverpool in a 2-0 win over West Ham United.

3rd December 2005 - Peter Crouch scored his first and second goals for Liverpool in a 3-0 win over Wigan Athletic.

1st February 2006 - Daniel Agger makes his Liverpool bow and Robbie Fowler makes his long awaited appearance back in a Liverpool shirt as we are held 1-1 at Anfield by Birmingham City.

9th December 2006 - Fulham are defeated 4-0 at Anfield with Jamie Carragher getting a rare goal. Mark Gonzalez scored his last Liverpool goal and Luis Garcia scored at Anfield for the last time.

http://www.ynwa.tv/news/index.php/2007/December/2482
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:50 am

i like Kuyt in terms of attitude but he's not doing his job and clearly showing no sign of doing so. Babel in such a short time has already outscored Kuyt.
Babel as striker for me.
whylongball?

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:54 am

whylongball? wrote:

i like Kuyt in terms of attitude but he's not doing his job and clearly showing no sign of doing so. Babel in such a short time has already outscored Kuyt.
Babel as striker for me.

nope babel has 6 goals in total and kuyt has had 7
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion