MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 1st team to beat man city at home?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:14 am

Dalglish wrote:
s@int wrote:
Dalglish wrote:I went today Leon and was impressed by the performance if not the result.

People need to take note........ Out of the 11 fixtures played there this season 9 have gone away with nothing including Man U. Yesterday the Mancs suffered a loss and people talk about it being just one of those freak results. WE go to the hardest away ground in the Prem , dominate the game and come away with a point and people are calling for answers ! ???

At times it was like the Alamo in the City penalty area and had it not been for a superb defencsive showing from the whole of the back 4 we would have won easily.

Perspective boys, perspective :p

P.S. Dietmar was superb as well :p

Spot on as usual mate

Hi Saint,

Maybe I'm just chuffed cos I was the ONLY punit to predict a 0-0 in the Newkit Prediction comp  :D

(See PAGE 1 of this thread for evidence)  :kungfu:

there's always one  :veryangry

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:16 am

destro wrote:I waited a while to post just so all the "Blame Kuyt" fans could have their say. They didn't dissappoint  ???

What exactly did Kuyt do wrong that Torres didn't do ? Kuyt had two decent chances both on target and blocked by deffenders and one where the keeper pulled off a great save, Torres had two including a one on one with the keeper and fluffed them both. And what was with him running off down the tunnel without applauding those who travelled to watch the match ?. He spent the game sulking from the first challenge by Richards ( yellow card offence by the way, and according to Graham Poll the one on the edge of the box should have been his second ) and let his head drop and spent much of the rest of the game falling over and rolling round, maybe the more money you cost the less criticism you can receive ?

Fair enough if people have something against Kuyt because of the way he has played in some of the previous games, but to single him out for the two lost points today is IMO stupid.

The only players to escape any criticism from the game IMO are Mascherano and Carra, I would include Reina but he didn't have anything to do

I'm glad I didnt dissapoint you then.

Firstly of note I also said Gerrard, Kewell and Torres were poor today.

Gerrard and Torres of late are the two players in the side who usually drag us out of the $hit. They consistently play well, and they cannot be expected to do this every game.

However Kuyt has been consistently poor all season and was average last season. I'm not even knocking his goal attempts as thats not the problem. His touch is terrible, his link up play is very average aswell, and his passing was poor. I aint saying we drew that game because of him, but like it or not he was poor and is nowhere near good enough, he doesnt cut the mustard and anyone who knows there football can see that.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:17 am

NANNY RED wrote:
destro wrote:I waited a while to post just so all the "Blame Kuyt" fans could have their say. They didn't dissappoint  ???

What exactly did Kuyt do wrong that Torres didn't do ? Kuyt had two decent chances both on target and blocked by deffenders and one where the keeper pulled off a great save, Torres had two including a one on one with the keeper and fluffed them both. And what was with him running off down the tunnel without applauding those who travelled to watch the match ?. He spent the game sulking from the first challenge by Richards ( yellow card offence by the way, and according to Graham Poll the one on the edge of the box should have been his second ) and let his head drop and spent much of the rest of the game falling over and rolling round, maybe the more money you cost the less criticism you can receive ?

Fair enough if people have something against Kuyt because of the way he has played in some of the previous games, but to single him out for the two lost points today is IMO stupid.

The only players to escape any criticism from the game IMO are Mascherano and Carra, I would include Reina but he didn't have anything to do

Spot on lad
I was at the game and i said before about Torres running down the tunnell but i think he was tryin to make the toilet looked out of sorts today

Some good points in defence of Kuyt. I think whenever we get a "perceived" poor result fans look to blame individual players and Kuyt is an obvious target whilst Torres appears untouchable.

I think most fans would agree that Torres play fell below his usual standard today.

However it has to be said that Kuyt comes in for criticism at other times not because Torres is untouchable but because Dirk hasn't fulfilled the expectation in terms of goals scored )he is a forward after all ). He works hard, tries hard but the end product simply isn't there IMO.

Just an opinion.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:17 am

s@int wrote:
Dalglish wrote:I went today Leon and was impressed by the performance if not the result.

People need to take note........ Out of the 11 fixtures played there this season 9 have gone away with nothing including Man U. Yesterday the Mancs suffered a loss and people talk about it being just one of those freak results. WE go to the hardest away ground in the Prem , dominate the game and come away with a point and people are calling for answers ! ???

At times it was like the Alamo in the City penalty area and had it not been for a superb defencsive showing from the whole of the back 4 we would have won easily.

Spot on as usual mate

That kind of "perspective" and lurals shall we say wont win you league titles.

I hope the players didnt think, 'Oh United lost here, so even a draw would be a good result'
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:18 am

We played well in spite of the likes of Torres and Gerrard not having the best of games, and it's one of those where I'm happy to applaud the opposition instead of tearing into any particular aspect of our play. We were utterly dominant, and they kept us out. Not a great deal more to say from our side of things to be honest.

City have been an average side for years, yet in absolutely no time Sven's built a very impressive little squad and made them incredibly organised, particularly defensively. Other than getting swatted by Chelsea, they've had an excellent season, and you have to take your hats off to them for coming away with a point today. No question about it, that's going to be a real b*stard of a fixture for any team to get 3 points, so  I don't think we should feel too hard done by tonight.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:19 am

Nobody has though, your obviously assuming they are.
66-1112520797

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:21 am

The performance was good I thought. Its hard to create chances with 11 players camped in there penalty area, we needed someone like Garcia today,to score out of nothing. A good point I thought, better to have 1 point than none.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:23 am

However Kuyt has been consistently poor all season and was average last season. I'm not even knocking his goal attempts as thats not the problem. His touch is terrible, his link up play is very average aswell, and his passing was poor. I aint saying we drew that game because of him, but like it or not he was poor and is nowhere near good enough, he doesnt cut the mustard and anyone who knows there football can see that.

Thats not a knocking post, thats just telling it as it is.

I must admit I am starting to worry abit about Torres though. Against Chelsea he had a bit of a confrontation with Terry and we never really saw him again, Against the mancs he had a bit of a confrontation with  Ferdinand and we never saw him again, today he had a bit of a confrontation with Richards and same again.

Maybe its just frustration?
account deleted by request

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:23 am

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on as usual mate

I hope the didnt think, 'Oh United lost here, so even a draw would be a good result'

My "perspective" won't earn us a single extra point and neither will yours mate.

We didn't win because City defended very very well and we were unable to break tham down.............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:23 am

Can someone tell me though when that Richard Dunne became that good because i can never remember him bein that good he was always a fat :censored:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:23 am

NANNY RED wrote:Gotta say though that :censored: Dunne was unbeilable today i honestly didnt realise he was that quick.

Thought that too, Nan.  There were a couple of through balls where I was sure that Torres was going to leave him for dead but he covered the ground astonishingly quickly for a big man and snuffed out the chance.  That said, I thought Torres was missing his top gear today...he looked knackered.

Meant to give a nod to Didi earlier as well (as Dalglish has done).  I'm chuffed that he's getting a game regularly under Sven and reminding everyone just how good he's always been.  Too bad he had to have another quality game against us, though.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:24 am

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on as usual mate

I hope the didnt think, 'Oh United lost here, so even a draw would be a good result'

In all fairness, it's not like we didn't show enough dominance to get the win.

I'm gutted we didn't, but it doesn't take a genius to see why. They played well at the back, and we lacked a little cutting edge up front. Both of those things are consistent with how both teams have fared so far this season, so 0-0 doesn't surprise me in all honesty.

No question about it though, we'll be where we want to be when we get a late goal in games like that.
ivor_the_injun

Postby europian-kings » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:25 am

NANNY RED wrote:Can someone tell me though when that Richard Dunne became that good because i can never remember him bein that good he was always a fat :censored:

haha  :laugh:
i started to become impressed with him towards end of last season and against tha mancs this season.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 am

Dalglish wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on as usual mate

Hi Saint,

Maybe I'm just chuffed cos I was the ONLY punit to predict a 0-0 in the Newkit Prediction comp  :D

(See PAGE 1 of this thread for evidence)  :kungfu:

:D now we know who to blame - Dalglish  :angry:

I remember Maureen's coment about the opposition parking a bus in front of the goal and playing for a draw. Benitez could also have used that analogy today - many positives to take from today.

Glad to read some fair comments - won't be slittin me wrists on the evidence of some wise analysis from people who actually saw the game and were not wearing their anti-Kuyt and anti- Benitez specs !

Oh and Ian - you still predicting - thought nappy changing would have made that an impossible task  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:28 am

zarababe wrote:Oh and Ian - you still predicting - thought nappy changing would have made that an impossible task  :D

Form and Nappies are temporary but class is permanent ............I'M TOP  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion