Kuyt 7
Masch 6
Lucas 4
Riera 6

Keane 1
Torres 7

subs;

Alonso 8

Just watched the first half of the Man Utd game and I don't think I can stomach any more. It's 2-0 and could end up about 10. I had a quick flick through thread expectign a few howlers, but this was before the armed and dangerous defender squad really started jumping all over anybody who dared to be worried about the draws.

I don't remember the game too well I must confess, but out of the starting line up (Gerrard was injured it seems) the omission now of Alonso looks odd. He was "tired" apprarently, although when he came on most people seemed to think he was the best player on the pitch. There were some strange substitutions by all accounts. Apparaently though at the time, because Chelsea drew most people didn't think the result was too bad.

Interesting though all the same.

not like you to bump an old thread
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:51 am

EDIT-Should have quoted Jon here.

Well as you quoted it Jon I can read it anyway. I don't really want to comment on his post other than that to be honest.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:I'm all for discussing why we lost (not just a one liner that says negative football, our team sucks, blah blah) but an actual discussion.  All we get on here is, ANOTHER :censored: DRAW, BYE BYE TITLE!!

Great debate that.

With the greatest respect Jon some of us have never posted one liners in our lives  :;): No, I hear what you are saying but whether you post one liners, books, sensibly or ridiculously, you still come in for abuse should we have a poor result and you dare to say so.

The simple fact of the matter is some people over react. That means people who say we've lost the league after one result, and people who desperately try and dampen down any flames of dissent with abuse.

Still going on  :sleep

Yes mick, you are a genius, know football better than the manager, you are a victim, you are good looking, very funny and you do not sell dildos for a living. Is that better?

.....?

Completely uncalled for imo, you are mentioned no where in that post and no where in his post is personal insults.  Get the :censored: over yourself.

Baaaa

Your shepard will pm you to tell you it is ok (calm youself)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 am

Judge wrote:
bigmick wrote:
banana wrote:Reina 7

Arbeloa 7
Carra 7
Agger 6
Aurelio 6

Kuyt 7
Masch 6
Lucas 4
Riera 6

Keane 1
Torres 7

subs;

Alonso 8

Just watched the first half of the Man Utd game and I don't think I can stomach any more. It's 2-0 and could end up about 10. I had a quick flick through thread expectign a few howlers, but this was before the armed and dangerous defender squad really started jumping all over anybody who dared to be worried about the draws.

I don't remember the game too well I must confess, but out of the starting line up (Gerrard was injured it seems) the omission now of Alonso looks odd. He was "tired" apprarently, although when he came on most people seemed to think he was the best player on the pitch. There were some strange substitutions by all accounts. Apparaently though at the time, because Chelsea drew most people didn't think the result was too bad.

Interesting though all the same.

not like you to bump an old thread

Just a bit bored Judgy and I did it while catching some of the man Utd game. I was pretty annoyed to be honest watching it, and nor just because the commentry team were going totally overboard about the Mancs.

The bit that really got me was Fulham. Firstly they turned up with a weakened team (I know we can hardly moan but anyway), and then their attitude was unbelieveable. They were beat before they even set foot onto the pitch.

Then, out of boredom I thought I'd look at the old thread. TBPH there's not as much of the vitriol which followed some of the other draws. In the main most people seemed to keep both the result and the reaction to it in some kind of perspective. Not everyone, but most people.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 am

With Manure at the moment they have this feeling of unbeatability about them, and teams are giving them way too much respect. Yes they are playing well, but that's because other teams are letting them. It's not over yet, but it's getting that way the way things are going. We need that 'killer instinct' that the mancs have.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am

Not so sure about that Dawson. The thing about Utd is that they keep plugging away, getting eveyone into the box and more often than not something goes in. Whereas we tend to keep our midfield glued to the spot and rely on a lone body in the box.

Utd certainly have been below par this year compared to recent years, but they still get the right result because they attack relentlessly and attack in numbers.
tonyeh

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:13 am

kazza wrote:Your shepard will pm you to tell you it is ok (calm youself)

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep
SupitsJonF

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:16 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
kazza wrote:(calm youself)

Well that worked
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 am

SupitsJonF wrote:

Its 3 in the morning and I can't sleep.

If you keep posting on the board, I'm sure I'll be out by 3:45.

And if mick makes his posts a little longer, I'll def. be gone by 3:30.
SupitsJonF

Postby Greavesie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am

Well Man U haven't conceded a goal for a looong time now (please someone just put the ball in the fecking net!), hopefully when they concede they will indulge the sort of behaviour arsenal endevoured when they lost their first game in 49 and go on a bit of a bad run (or dare I say bliiiiip :D )
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am

Greavesie wrote:Well Man U haven't conceded a goal for a looong time now (please someone just put the ball in the fecking net!), hopefully when they concede they will indulge the sort of behaviour arsenal endevoured when they lost their first game in 49 and good on a bit of a bad run (or dare I say bliiiiip :D )

Only Derby can score on the mancs  :laugh:
SupitsJonF

Postby Greavesie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am

thats a depressing thought

Torres will end the run with a hat trick at Tw@tford!  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 am

The mancs now have an opportunity to do to us what we should have done to them - establish a proper points gap and create pressure. We can still win the league, I'm not sure Rafa is the man who can do it, but they have to play us and that could swing the gap back to two points. It's a lot to ask, I can see us winning there but dropping points elsewhere and that is one reason I believe we won't be champions. Not one game costing us, but consistently not beating the sides that Man Utd simply turn up against and beat. And it won't get any easier, Fulham probably knew they'd lose and when they played us knew they might get a draw. The mancs broke them down, we didn't.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:

Its 3 in the morning and I can't sleep.

If you keep posting on the board, I'm sure I'll be out by 3:45.

And if mick makes his posts a little longer, I'll def. be gone by 3:30.

what what!! err.... who just woke me up
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 am

Go back to sleep Smudge. :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion