LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM - Saturday 22nd november 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
stmichael wrote:the booing of the mascherano substitution was nothing short of a disgrace.

Looks like carra feels the same way.

its a disgrace how any fan can :censored: boo our own team or a player in my opinion. were there to support the lads not get on there back. No matter how bad they or a player is playing

Fans must back us not berate us, pleads Carragher• Carragher says jeers affected performance against Fulham

• Defender also defends Benítez's decision to rest AlonsoAndy Hunter guardian.co.uk, Tuesday November 25 2008 00.01 GMT The Guardian,

Jamie Carragher says criticism from fans won't help the side. Jamie Carragher has pleaded for patience from Liverpool supporters after admitting their frustrations affected the team's performance during the goalless draw with Fulham.

Liverpool missed the chance to go top of the Premier League on Saturday with a turgid display that yielded a second away point of the season for Roy Hodgson's side and audible irritation around Anfield. Jeers greeted both the full- and half-time whistles at Anfield, which has not witnessed a league defeat for Liverpool in 2008, while the midfielder Lucas was targeted by supporters as the Brazilian made his sixth start of the season in place of the in-form Xabi Alonso.

Carragher has revealed that Rafael Benítez's players were acutely aware of the criticism as they struggled to break down an accomplished Fulham defence, and believes it is self-defeating as Liverpool attempt to claim their first league title since 1990. "People shouldn't get too downhearted that we've drawn at home to Fulham," said the Liverpool defender, one of the few who played well on Saturday. "The crowd, especially at Anfield, want us to win so much that it transmits itself down on to the pitch at times. You could feel that when we were trying to get the goal in the second half on Saturday."

The 30-year-old added: "The supporters have to realise we are in November and not March or April yet. Like us, they are so passionate to win the title but sometimes that passion can bowl you over. We have to all stay patient. It's a long race and it's not the be-all and end-all if we draw a home game in November. Don't get me wrong, the fans are great for us. But the fans, and the players, all of us together have to realise we have to be patient. It is a long, long race and I'm sure there'll be a few more games like the Fulham one before the end of the season."

Carragher also defended Benítez's decision to leave Alonso on the bench for 64 minutes of the goalless draw, despite Steven Gerrard being ruled out of the Fulham game with a muscle tear. "It goes without saying that you are going to miss players of the quality of Stevie, who was injured, and Xabi, who was on the bench because he'd played 90 minutes for Spain in midweek," said the Liverpool centre-half. We didn't create as many clear-cut chances as we would have wanted against Fulham but it's difficult to replace players with the quality of Stevie and Xabi."

Gerrard himself shares his team-mate's belief in Liverpool's title credentials. "We know we're a good team, we know we're getting closer to a title challenge - we can say that. But we've to prove we can stay in the race till the end," he said.

Benítez, meanwhile, expects Gerrard to have recovered from the injury that cost him a place against Fulham and for England in Germany last week in time for tomorrow's Champions League group game against Marseille. "We are disappointed about Saturday but we cannot talk about past games now," said the manager. "We have to think about making mistakes and analyse why."

Fans who boo just do my head in nan. It's counterproductive and helps nobody.

Worse than that was the plonker in the paddock with his video camera who asked someone which way the kop was. I despair. :O
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:06 pm

neil wrote:
zarababe wrote:
neil wrote:
neil wrote:same old same old, there goes the league.

yeh there goes the league again  :lookaround  :help

Bring in that Fat Sam - could do with someone chewing the cud on the sidelines - NOW  :angry:

I have no idea what your sayin here? however I would rather not employ Alladyce as our manager. The cow thing...well.

:talktothehand  it's called sarcasam neil - which is what I hope your comment was too !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:48 am

I remember a while ago saying I rated Bullard and got told how clueless I was... Funny how he was by a distance the best player on the pitch and completely dominated midfield, even against the golden boy Mascherano and considering the players each had around them.

I do think the difference in class between Bullard and Lucas though was there for all to see. Lucas the Brazilian international, Bullard the uncapped english footballer, I know who I'd rather see in a red shirt any day of the week.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:24 am

Fo Dne wrote:I remember a while ago saying I rated Bullard and got told how clueless I was... Funny how he was by a distance the best player on the pitch and completely dominated midfield, even against the golden boy Mascherano and considering the players each had around them.

I do think the difference in class between Bullard and Lucas though was there for all to see. Lucas the Brazilian international, Bullard the uncapped english footballer, I know who I'd rather see in a red shirt any day of the week.

Ugly b@sturd though.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:33 am

Rush Job wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:I remember a while ago saying I rated Bullard and got told how clueless I was... Funny how he was by a distance the best player on the pitch and completely dominated midfield, even against the golden boy Mascherano and considering the players each had around them.

Ugly b@sturd though.

That's what I was just going to say.  If we got Bullard our team's ugly level would be up there with United.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:32 pm

I guess thats what happens when you allow birds on a footy forum... :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Rush Job wrote:

Ugly b@sturd though.

And you think lucus is good looking he looks like a train crash.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 pm

banana wrote:Reina 7

Arbeloa 7
Carra 7
Agger 6
Aurelio 6

Kuyt 7
Masch 6
Lucas 4
Riera 6

Keane 1
Torres 7

subs;

Alonso 8

Just watched the first half of the Man Utd game and I don't think I can stomach any more. It's 2-0 and could end up about 10. I had a quick flick through thread expectign a few howlers, but this was before the armed and dangerous defender squad really started jumping all over anybody who dared to be worried about the draws.

I don't remember the game too well I must confess, but out of the starting line up (Gerrard was injured it seems) the omission now of Alonso looks odd. He was "tired" apprarently, although when he came on most people seemed to think he was the best player on the pitch. There were some strange substitutions by all accounts. Apparaently though at the time, because Chelsea drew most people didn't think the result was too bad.

Interesting though all the same.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 pm

It hurts, but United has the best team of all Europe right now. Probably Ferguson has his best team of the last 20 years.
We must win 12 from 13 games to have any possibility.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 am

Emerald Red wrote:Still joint top of the league and its near December. What the f*ck else do people want? The thing is, is that amazingly we could have been about 8 points clear at the top, but the business end of the season is after the New Year. We'll still be in it by then. People are moaning as if we're out of it already. Un-f*cking-believable.

Its these kind of comments that grate me.  :no

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am

Yes looking back now the concerns of people about the opportunites we were t0ssing away were pretty legitimate really. Equally, the team selection at the time came in for a wee bit of criticism and it's not hard to see why. Gerrard was out, so we decide to leave our second best midielder based on this seasons performances on the bench as well. We go into a game at Home, against Fulham, with two defensive central midfielders and effectively a defensive right sided midfielder as well. 

Given Alonso came on as sub, was it really necessary to "rest" him for the first hour? No certainty we would have won the game anyway of course, but my money is on us having a better chance with Xabi on the pitch than with Lucas. If Gerrard plays, then fair enough give Lucas a game if you must but if Gerrard is out, that in itself is going to necessetate plenty enough fecking about for my taste.

Anyway, anyone who forced themselves to watch the Mancs roll Fulham over earlier wouldn't have been thinking a draw at Home against them was anything other than a poor result.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 am

bigmick wrote:Yes looking back now the concerns of people about the opportunites we were t0ssing away were pretty legitimate really.

It's true, if we dont win the title it is the draws that caused it.  But all the bitchin and moaning in the world wont change the result, which is why after a couple of posts it gets kind of old. 

I'm all for discussing why we lost (not just a one liner that says negative football, our team sucks, blah blah) but an actual discussion.  All we get on here is, ANOTHER :censored: DRAW, BYE BYE TITLE!!

Great debate that.
SupitsJonF

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:34 am

SupitsJonF wrote:I'm all for discussing why we lost (not just a one liner that says negative football, our team sucks, blah blah) but an actual discussion.  All we get on here is, ANOTHER :censored: DRAW, BYE BYE TITLE!!

Great debate that.

With the greatest respect Jon some of us have never posted one liners in our lives  :;): No, I hear what you are saying but whether you post one liners, books, sensibly or ridiculously, you still come in for abuse should we have a poor result and you dare to say so.

The simple fact of the matter is some people over react. That means people who say we've lost the league after one result, and people who desperately try and dampen down any flames of dissent with abuse.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:40 am

bigmick wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:I'm all for discussing why we lost (not just a one liner that says negative football, our team sucks, blah blah) but an actual discussion.  All we get on here is, ANOTHER :censored: DRAW, BYE BYE TITLE!!

Great debate that.

With the greatest respect Jon some of us have never posted one liners in our lives  :;): No, I hear what you are saying but whether you post one liners, books, sensibly or ridiculously, you still come in for abuse should we have a poor result and you dare to say so.

The simple fact of the matter is some people over react. That means people who say we've lost the league after one result, and people who desperately try and dampen down any flames of dissent with abuse.

Still going on  :sleep

Yes mick, you are a genius, know football better than the manager, you are a victim, you are good looking, very funny and you do not sell dildos for a living. Is that better?

You seem to love things going against us so you can say "I told you so"
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 am

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Great debate that.

Still going on  :sleep

Yes mick, you are a genius, know football better than the manager, you are a victim, you are good looking, very funny and you do not sell dildos for a living. Is that better?

.....?

Completely uncalled for imo, you are mentioned no where in that post and no where in his post is personal insults.  Get the :censored: over yourself.
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion