LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Sunday 22nd February 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

lakes10 wrote:
cpc4eva wrote:
lakes10 wrote:look on the bright side, We have CL in mid week, we will win that game, Rafa is the best CL manager there is.

but we want him to be the best prem league manager aswell as champions league manager

that will never happen and was never going to happen.

So why the feck was he employed in the first place then???
heimdall

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Raffmaker wrote:If we get pasted by Real or lose by more than 2-0. Rafa should resign with immediate effect.
im not messing about folks.

Replacements.

Hiddink.
Capello
Ancelotti

Maybe roy keane?  I know ill get slated for that.

Get a grip mate. We still have everything to play for in Europe so we will still support the manager whilst he is here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Maybe next year.  Still have to claim our CL spot for next year and get as far as we can to stop United from winning all 4 competitions.  Need to get contracts sorted (players and a manager/new manager), find new owners, but mainly keep our business out of the media.  If we could be like AV next season that would be nice, sneaking under the radar with no media. 

However up to this point we did pass my expectations and for that I applaud the players.
SupitsJonF

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:The only way I can see Rafa winning the league is if he was given a blank cheque book,.

So that he can fill the squad with central midfielders and wingers with absolutely no pace whatsoever (or if they have pace....their 1st touch is so horrible....ie....gonzales..babel).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:I know I might get slated for this.......Roy Keane as manager?

well predicted mate  :nod

i heard someone say that the other day, i started to look at it, its not such a bad idea if you can over come the Man u link, but thats very hard to do.

Keane will be a good manager one day but I think now is too too early in his career for a club as big as us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:itl be the story of our season if we go to Old Toilet and beat the scum

We will

Not if we play like that.    :no

Did we play badly? I don't think so. Had enough chances to score more than two goals. Plenty of possession. Defended well. Lacked a bit of creativity.

There is nothing majorly wrong with the team and how we play. We're just short of one or two really class flair players. Then again, do we have 60 million to buy those world class flair players? No.

So I guess you were happy with how unimaginative our tactics were, how we gave the ball away time and time and time again, how most of our team haven't got the faintest fecking clue how to strike a ball. All that is ok with you is it. It was embarassing to see how Man Citeh looked far classier than us at times and had some really nice moves. I was sat in a pub with a bunch of Liverpool fans and the amount of groans of frustration was just insane. We were mpisspoor today and in truth deserved to loose the game, yes we had a few half chances but that was only after Viteh, for som bizare reason, had decided that a draw was ok and started sitting back, before that they completely dominated the 2nd hald, it must have been one of hell of a team talk from Rafa becuase first half we were good but the second we were :censored:, thank god we've got a genius as a manager!

Seriously, I'm not even reading your shyte today. Go dig out the predictions thread to where we'd end up at the end of the season to get it into your thick skull where I stood BEFORE the season started. My expectations are so far being proven correct. You're so short sighted, I'd be surprised if you could see past your own nose, Heimdall. We were never really realistically going to win the league, especially when Dirk Kuyt is a right winger. Been saying this for about 2 years now FFS. This is a fact: this football club needs a serious cash injection to get us winning titles. Some people may not want to admit that, but it's the sad truth. United are too much of a financial powerhouse to have their 18 year dominance over this league broken by a manager that has to rebuild an entire squad with a mere 200 million over 5 years, most of which has come from staying the course in the lucrative Champions League and flogging off dead wood.

Well done for ignoring my post, you dipsh1t.  :wwww

If it's your usual dross, I'm enlightened. If it wasn't and you were putting valid points down, I apologize. Still, could you blame me? You see where I'm coming from, of course.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Lee J wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:
Lee J wrote:you fking babies - crying and whinging like babies, take a fking look...

... yeah, thats right we're 2nd in the league, 1 loss all season, beaten the mancs/chelsea, now get a drink and reflect on that and tmrw you'll realise it aint that bad. And as for anyone who asks 'is this Rafa's fault' i can answer that too...

....go fk yourself.

go and watch a few games pal. you have no knowledge.

10 draws?? stuggle to score or create any chances even at home.

No class.

mid table form.

tell you what you fking doom merchant - go spread your negative vibes elsewhere.

Or you, poor deluded soul, why don't you feck off, you seem to be in the minority here anyway. What postives can you draw from that game, I would love to see a stat of how often we gave the ball away or how often we relied on exactly the same predictable tactics. Rafa tactical genius, don't make me laugh.
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:I know I might get slated for this.......Roy Keane as manager?

well predicted mate  :nod

i heard someone say that the other day, i started to look at it, its not such a bad idea if you can over come the Man u link, but thats very hard to do.

Roy Keane?

Whopper!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:32 pm

heimdall wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
cpc4eva wrote:
lakes10 wrote:look on the bright side, We have CL in mid week, we will win that game, Rafa is the best CL manager there is.

but we want him to be the best prem league manager aswell as champions league manager

hey i am the wrong member to ask that to, i never wanted him here in the first place.

in my eyes he was alays going to be a great CL manger for us but thats it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:itl be the story of our season if we go to Old Toilet and beat the scum

We will

Did we play badly? I don't think so. Had enough chances to score more than two goals. Plenty of possession. Defended well. Lacked a bit of creativity.

There is nothing majorly wrong with the team and how we play. We're just short of one or two really class flair players. Then again, do we have 60 million to buy those world class flair players? No.

So I guess you were happy with how unimaginative our tactics were, how we gave the ball away time and time and time again, how most of our team haven't got the faintest fecking clue how to strike a ball. All that is ok with you is it. It was embarassing to see how Man Citeh looked far classier than us at times and had some really nice moves. I was sat in a pub with a bunch of Liverpool fans and the amount of groans of frustration was just insane. We were mpisspoor today and in truth deserved to loose the game, yes we had a few half chances but that was only after Viteh, for som bizare reason, had decided that a draw was ok and started sitting back, before that they completely dominated the 2nd hald, it must have been one of hell of a team talk from Rafa becuase first half we were good but the second we were :censored:, thank god we've got a genius as a manager!

Seriously, I'm not even reading your shyte today. Go dig out the predictions thread to where we'd end up at the end of the season to get it into your thick skull where I stood BEFORE the season started. My expectations are so far being proven correct. You're so short sighted, I'd be surprised if you could see past your own nose, Heimdall. We were never really realistically going to win the league, especially when Dirk Kuyt is a right winger. Been saying this for about 2 years now FFS. This is a fact: this football club needs a serious cash injection to get us winning titles. Some people may not want to admit that, but it's the sad truth. United are too much of a financial powerhouse to have their 18 year dominance over this league broken by a manager that has to rebuild an entire squad with a mere 200 million over 5 years, most of which has come from staying the course in the lucrative Champions League and flogging off dead wood.

If it's your usual dross, I'm enlightened. If it wasn't and you were putting valid points down, I apologize. Still, could you blame me? You see where I'm coming from, of course.

Actually apart from attacking me I don't. I just find it incredibly rude and ignorant  for you to attack me when you haven't even read my post, I'm not surprised though because that's the kind of guy you are, zero class.
heimdall

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Rafa has let a few players go cheaply who I would have kept.

I.e: Sissoko and Bellamy, Crouch.

Sissoko is better, more attacking, and more of threat, and better all round then Mascherano.
Raffmaker

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:

We will

Actually apart from attacking me I don't. I just find it incredibly rude and ignorant  for you to attack me when you haven't even read my post, I'm not surprised though because that's the kind of guy you are, zero class.

I love the pattern that develops when quotes stack up. It looks really cool! Lets see how big we can make it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm

lakes10 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
cpc4eva wrote:

hey i am the wrong member to ask that to, i never wanted him here in the first place.

in my eyes he was alays going to be a great CL manger for us but thats it.

Apologies Lakes wasn't having a go at you, just seemed like such an insane statement.  :D
heimdall

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Said it many times here that this manager is out of ideas and his reign should really be at an end after this campaign. Too many average players brought in and a defensive mentality that is squeezing the life out of the better footballers we have on the books. It nothing short of a miracle this group is sitting second and perhaps says more about the overall quality of the division this season rather than any improvement we have made. I do not visit here that often but call back in hope that maybe the tide is turning agaisnt Benitez because if it does not then we will have to suffer more of the same frustration next season. You have to be impressed by fans loyalty to a manager but I fear that in the past its hurt the club by having a manager stay on too long when its clear he cannot achieve our ultimate goal. Second is nowhere for this great club and anyone accepting it and thinking we have had a good season needs to check themselves. If we keep kidding ourselves finishing 2,3 or 4th is acceptable we will keep finishing there and frankly thats what is happening. I dont care about budgets or hard luck stories as any manager that is charged with the running of this great club needs to deliver the title and if they feel its an impossible job then they should walk away. Benitez is dillusional to the point that he now feels so powerful he can not only blow our title chances, yet again, but then have the nerve to keep ripping up contract offers hes damn lucky to have on the table at all in my opinion. To my mind these offers are rewarding failure. Anything but first is not acceptable at Chelsea and nor would it be at Man United and for sure it shouldnt be at Liverpool. Its time for change.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 pm

bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:

We will

I love the pattern that develops when quotes stack up. It looks really cool! Lets see how big we can make it.

:D
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion