LIVERPOOL VS MAN UTD - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kop king » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:34 pm

Do you think we should play the same team agianst Barca as we did agianst the scum.
"Fook Off Chelsea FC, You aint got no history"
kop king

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Man....this defeat hurts.... :sniffle
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaytoothetee » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:20 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Mine shows Manchester is the 50th best city in the world to live in.  It also does not feature Liverpool.  But if you think crime figures are all that matters then you carry on...

They are, because crime was the issue originally raised.

We are talking about football, not working for TVTravelShop.

Yeah.  But their claims are simply wrong.  Overall, Manchester tops them all.

Clearly you misunderstand the use of the word "subjective" which means "depending on the bias of the individual".

Straws.  Clutching at.  Pathetic.

Actually, it's holding the facts.

I'd expect you to know so much about crime, seeing as you'll soon be the prison capital of the UK.

If you mean Liverpool, then no I won't, since I don't live there and am not a Scouser. As for the prison capital of the UK, Manchester's prison "Strangeways" holds only about 100 fewer prisoners than HMP Liverpool and is one of the notorious prisons in British history.

I think it's you who's overdoing the LSD mate.  Better football team applies to the here and now.  But you cling to the past for dear life if you want.  Soon you won't have that to cling to.

Our past harks back only to 2005 when we won the European Cup. If you dismiss the past then it also renders Man Utd's past successes as irrelevant.

Crime figures: irrelevant to football.

Tell that to the MU idiot who first raised the issue then.

Maybe football is all you have in life (if so, then your recent record in the league over the last 15 years must be gutting - I know it is, but you just won't admit it).

It's not gutting at all. It's been 17 years since LFC won the league. It was 27 years between your league successes, so we still have a decade before we reach that level of mediocrity.

But for some of us, there's more to life than supporting the most successful club in my lifetime.

That's true, but not in the middle of an internet forum based on the game of football. If we were on a site based on British metropolitian statistical comparisons, then you might have a point.

Liverpool: irrelevant to statistics on English Prem winners.

The name changes, the linear title remains the same.

Whether it's called "The Premiership" or the "Division One Championship" is irrelevant.

I'd say slavery was the worse crime by a nautical mile.

At the time it was completely legal. Plus, it has nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club which was established half a century after slavery was abolished.

A laughably small-thinking comment.

I'm sorry if facts get in the way of your absurd pontification

No computer, no internet, silly.

No Z3, no computer silly.

How far back into history do you wish to go?

Liverpool: irrelevant to this season after Tuesday.

We'll see.

I can only distance myself by as much as is the distance between us and you in the Prem from the comments made by that twonk..

Or the distance between Man Utd's debts and Liverpool FC's debts.

well said mate  :bowdown . you ripped that guy to :censored:
all i can imagine is that he'll be at home in surrey, looking like this,  :sniffle

class :D

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Manc b*stards. :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 pm

We played better football than they did even if we weren't at our best.

Sissoko had a bad game in all the first half, bad long ball controls, bad passing, but we all know what he can provide, so matches is all that he needs. Anyhow, Mascherano's signing was one we needed to give our team the depth required by a top european club in the middle of the park.

Alonso made a lot of dirty work in his natural defensive midfielder position. He made some mistakes though, and I didn't like that he dived -for what I saw- near the area of the Mancs and that lead to a dangerous counterattack. His sin was forbidden when he stayed calm in the Scholes aggression and lead to the manc's red card. I think that action showed well who was frustrated in the game at that moment, and who was controlling the game. We were better than they were.

While Mark Gonzalez isn't at his best, I don't think he had an awful game neither.  the best Mark Gonzalez does more and better long range efforts like the one he did, and he reaches more often to the positions that lead him to make a header in the first half. I still believe he'll be an interesting player for next season, although I must admit you have reasons to criticise what he has provided up to this point.

The best part of our team was once again, the back four, specially Carra. Reina kept a good level, despite the goal and was very important in the distribution, part of the game he masters.

We should have won because we were better. It's dissapointing yes, but it shouldn't diminish our confidence when we face Barça. Who as I predicted had the same old troubles against Sevilla. They played with 1 man more many minutes, yet Sevilla came back. Yesterday they had a blow in the confidence that we hadn't, and they did a huge physical effort too, which is nice.

Come on redmen!
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:52 pm

Yesterday's match was one of those games where I felt we missed the creativity and unpredictability of Luis Garcia.  To be honest, I haven't given Garcia much thought since his injury but we could have used him out there yesterday.  He's got the ability to pop up with key goals in big games and I think he would have taken up some good positions in the box on those occasions when Bellamy got the better of Vidic.  It's all 'what ifs' of course but, in a tight game, against a well-drilled defense, with chances at a premium, Garcia's a tremendous asset.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 pm

Bye then. Run along.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Bedtime for you little boy , nighty night.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Well i'm going to bed because your boring the feck out of me, yawn yawn.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:34 pm

You smell and your boring , very sad.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm

No i can't make it from Norway, the airport is snowed in . Infact if we lose on tuesday i might just start supporting chelsea .

What do yer think smelly?
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby United_014 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Oh right gutted...well, i was going to make a crack at glory supporting then but i cant exactly do that being a United fan can I with amount of the idiots that we've got. And i don't smell :blues:
United_014

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:44 pm

You do stink abit ,i can smell you from here. Are you a pikey ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:17 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:You're all getting banned you Manc fuckers.

? ???
KOPMATT

Postby peggyboots1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Sorry I didnt know that supporters of other clubs were not allowed to post here. I do not hate anyone and to be honest, the talk of Munich, Heysel and Hillsborough here is in poor taste. I for one do not think these tragedies should be a source of jokes. Take care and best of luck to you all.
peggyboots1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion