CHARLTON VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tottenham Dave » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 pm

Appreciate you're all on a bit of a downer, but on a positive you are still in pole position for CL qualification, I know I'd swap with yous.

Any team would miss SG.
[B]
Tottenham Dave

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:56 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:Appreciate you're all on a bit of a downer, but on a positive you are still in pole position for CL qualification, I know I'd swap with yous.

Any team would miss SG.
[B]

oh well...........

i'm off before it kicks off
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tottenham Dave » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:57 pm

*puzzled look*
Tottenham Dave

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:00 am

Tottenham Dave wrote:Appreciate you're all on a bit of a downer, but on a positive you are still in pole position for CL qualification, I know I'd swap with yous.

Any team would miss SG.
[B]

??? Since when are Spurs a big club, Arsenal have no trouble in stringing 8 wins together, so I dont think your a big club, as of yet. And they can certainly get 2nd spot.
Crawl before you walk, just like we could finish 6th this season mate.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tottenham Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 am

Ciggy wrote:

Any team would miss SG.
[B]

??? Since when are Spurs a big club, Arsenal have no trouble in stringing 8 wins together, so I dont think your a big club, as of yet. And they can certainly get no.1 spot.
Crawl before you walk, just like we could finish 6th this season mate.

Where did I mention Spurs being a big club?
Tottenham Dave

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:05 am

I wondered. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:06 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:In away games in particular, you'd think Hamann would be ideal when there are lively attackers, and a passing midfielder with Smertin's quality.

Break it up, simple pass, and we're away again. I'm mystified as to why he can't even get a game in those kind of situations.

Totally agree Ivor hamann must be in the team, getting a bit sick of Sissoko TBH, the others are nurtured in but he is thrown in , it doesnt make sense.
Did Hamann back.
We love our Didi and maybe Sissoko and xabi could learn a thing or two=
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby atlds2005 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:13 am

Hey, I'm new here, so...  :)

Really want to express my concerns after this game... so here is my rant.

I really think the problem is not so much with our forwards, but with our width in midfield. I know we have made many shots today and only 6 on target, but most of those missed shots really came from midfielders, particularly Alonso and Sissoko.

We don't have any consistent player down the left and right channel providing decent crosses into the middle. I am sorry but Cisse is just not the man for me at the right midfield. He just can't play there at all.

Also, as much as Sissoko has to offer, I think he needs to go. As soon as we build a good run of play, he loses possession of the ball by doing some wild and tame effort shots.

Gerrard needs to be playing in the central midfield again partnering with Alonso. They are an excellent partnership and I really don't think Gerrard is good for us on the right. He earns his money in central midfield, and he has won the best midfielder in Europe recently, so playing him on the right is a waste.

I believe Rafa should try to deply either Finnan or Kromkamp on the right hand side of midfield. Finnan has played there before, and he did alright in my humble opinion. Kromkamp played there tonight too and he did alright as well for the limited amount of time he was there.

I believe the best team for us at the moment is (from left to right on the pitch):

Defence:
Riise/Traore
Hyypia
Carragher
Finnan/Kromkamp

Midfield:
Kewell/Riise
Alonso
Gerrard
Finnan/Kromkamp/Garcia

Forward:
Morientes
Fowler/Crouch
atlds2005

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:17 am

I thought the one plus of the evening was Kromkamp. He looks like he might be a decent player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skunkdogz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:35 am

Its not even the end of Feb and were 21 points and 26 goals in deficit to chelski.
United and Arsenal are having their worst league season in years, we should have a small lead over them at least.

Where is the season going wrong ?

Middlesbrough are one place off the relegation zone. We ar 3rd in the league, both us and boro have scored 30 league goals this season.
Say no more ?

Its time to start experimenting.
skunkdogz

Postby Rastalovich » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:38 am

Robbie Fowler is Back wrote:Id play:

Dudek

Finnan   Hyypia Agger   Warnock

Gerrard  Alonso  Hamann  Riise

Garcia
                   Fowler

Play fowler for nearly 60 mins, then bring on Cisse. (unless robbies on a hattrick).

It's Crouch's turn to be left on merseyside, to work on his heading!

This would have been nice to see.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:42 am

Crouch should have been left at southampton!! :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby atlds2005 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:49 am

Rastalovich wrote:
Robbie Fowler is Back wrote:Id play:

Dudek

Finnan   Hyypia Agger   Warnock

Gerrard  Alonso  Hamann  Riise

Garcia
                   Fowler

Play fowler for nearly 60 mins, then bring on Cisse. (unless robbies on a hattrick).

It's Crouch's turn to be left on merseyside, to work on his heading!

This would have been nice to see.

I still think we need another right midfielder, and Gerrard should partner Alonso in central midfield.

Should give Finnan or Kromkamp a try on right midfield.
atlds2005

Postby ulswater » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:25 am

Not one of our better performances, some good possession but thats about it. Too many wasted long balls that lead nowhere, if you bring Fowler on he is class when the ball is played to his feet, but he hardly got any service.

Alonso seems to have lost his fine touch of late, hope it comes back soon.

A pretty heartless display, though I think Kewell is playing better and better of late.

I'm not worried though, it'll all get sorted eventually, in Rafa I trust. You could see the disappointment on his face, man he didnt look happy, wouldnt want to be in that changing room at the end of the match.
ulswater

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion