LIVERPOOL vs MAN UTD - All the build up and discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:34 pm

drummerphil wrote:I saw many many good signs today we are going forward in the right direction.Our midfield is looking steady and our defence look exceptional.I,m like the rest of you where  the lack of goals is very worrying.The weak link today on countless occasions was Garcia his passing is awful,time and time again when we got into the last third Garcia gave away possesion.This lad is not a premiership player at all,he may be slightly better in Europe but even in europe  our moves constantly break down because of him losing the ball.I would have liked to have seen Cisse along side crouch and Garcia replaced not sinema.Anyway 7 out of 10 for me.......but the lack of goals is very worrying.

You got it in one Phil, and I agree with you about Luis, but Rafa will keep the faith in him with his one off pieces of magic, and when it doesnt work its Ho Hum, and when it does he is amazing :down: Choices I suppose and I would not like to be the one that makes them choices TBH.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:34 pm

I said last night that this game wasn't going to be a walk over. Many people thought that we were going to score a pair or a hat-trick or goals but Man Utd only allowed 1 goal so far.

Goals will come.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:36 pm

In our European matches, Garcia is a good player.  Rafa will have to act on this because he's shouldn't be anymore than a sub for our League matches, at least until he sorts out if passing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:38 pm

A.B. wrote:
we are not going to score many goals if we keep playing this formation

Oh really, and why not? We've created chances with 451 and 442, the problem has been that we haven't taken them. Please watch all our games over again, and you will see that in every game we had plenty of chances to score.

Therefore the problem does not lie with the formation, it lies with the end product. It's something Man Utd had a problem with last season.

Can't agree. We won't get good result from a single-striker formation. Why?

First, our wingers are weak. Their crossing, pace and finishing ability are not topnach, and can't perform well constantly. Therefore, the lack of support to our single striker is fatal. Today we can see Crouch make some good heading pass to Garcia, but all wasted. And not good crossing could meet our 2 meters high striker's head.

Second, none of our strikers are suitable for that kind of formation. Nando is slow and weak; Crouch is not strong enough; Cisse has no height and strength. They all need companions to form a goal.

Last, we don't have a good man behind the striker. Today we saw how badly Garcia supporting Crouch. His passings were terrible with no creativity. Maybe we have to use Stevie here agaion.

All in all, I'd like to see Rafa adopt to 4-4-2 again and ASAP.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:40 pm

We haven't gotten a result with the 4-4-2 formation either. We used that formation against Tottenham and ended up with the same result as we did today.

The end product is the problem, not the formation.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Tiiger » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:44 pm

A.B. wrote:We haven't gotten a result with the 4-4-2 formation either. We used that formation against Tottenham and ended up with the same result as we did today.

Sorry AB, I didn't see that match.  :p

But we should try 4-4-2 more, since 4-5-1 has been unconvincing so far.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:46 pm

A.B. wrote:We haven't gotten a result with the 4-4-2 formation either. We used that formation against Tottenham and ended up with the same result as we did today.

But by playing one upfront with the personel we have to support him the odds of scoring goals are even less than they are with two upfront.

Simple as that..
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:47 pm

During the first half against Tottenham we played 4-4-2 and hardly did anything, we couldn't control the midfield efficiently. Once we took off Crouch and converted into 4-5-1 we controlled the midfield and we created a bit more chances, we were more fluid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:50 pm

What about today though ?
66-1112520797

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:50 pm

Garcia is this seasons Baros,in the way he needs to improve an additional  50 % otherwise he will go next summer.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby solo si » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:51 pm

We must take the positives out of this game as much as the negatives. I thought defensively we looked excellent. Remember we were playing against, Rooney,Van nisterooy and Ronaldo, not exactly bad attacking players are they? Reina had virtually nothing to do, however, what we do need are two fast and skillful wingers. Having two players like this, would give the front men more options and a better level of service.

On a negative note, Luis Garcia is not cut out for games like today. His distribution was very poor, and the Liverpool attacks kept breaking down, because he just delayed the pass or made the wrong decisions. I would not be surprised to see Cisse up for Sale in January. Rafa obviously does not rate him, as Garcia should have been subbed at half time and Cisse and Crouch should have played as the front two.

Let's hope Kewell can reproduce his Leeds form when he is fit and Gonzales or Joaquin become available. We must start winning and winning fast. Sissoko looks like a great prospect, and personally, I would have played him today with Gerard and Alonso.

At least we didn't lose today.
solo si

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:53 pm

Good post Solo si
66-1112520797

Postby Mighty Reds » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:10 pm

Well 0-0 Liverpool doen well to stop Manchester United from scoring peter crouch did not do very well in that match.
Peter Crouch was stood ready for the ball, Then he ran out the way and the man u player got it. How stupid is that...
Anyway we done ok
  :D
Mighty Reds

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:15 pm

Tw@t
Skipper Keane suffers broken foot 

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd 
Manchester United skipper Roy Keane is likely to be out for two months after breaking a metatarsal in his left foot.
Keane suffered the injury to his third metatarsal in United's 0-0 draw with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

The skipper, 34, was only just back after missing the Champions League game at Villarreal with a hamstring injury.

It is also a blow to the Republic of Ireland's World Cup hopes as he looks certain to miss their final qualifier against Switzerland.

He is already suspended for Ireland's next World Cup game against Cyprus on 8 October and if the initial diagnosis is correct he will miss their final match at home to the Swiss four days later.

Keane was expected to be out until the end of the month with a hamstring injury after coming on as a substitute against Manchester City.

But the injury responded well to treatment, enabling him to play in the game at Anfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:23 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Tw@t
Skipper Keane suffers broken foot 

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd 
Manchester United skipper Roy Keane is likely to be out for two months after breaking a metatarsal in his left foot.
Keane suffered the injury to his third metatarsal in United's 0-0 draw with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

The skipper, 34, was only just back after missing the Champions League game at Villarreal with a hamstring injury.

It is also a blow to the Republic of Ireland's World Cup hopes as he looks certain to miss their final qualifier against Switzerland.

He is already suspended for Ireland's next World Cup game against Cyprus on 8 October and if the initial diagnosis is correct he will miss their final match at home to the Swiss four days later.

Keane was expected to be out until the end of the month with a hamstring injury after coming on as a substitute against Manchester City.

But the injury responded well to treatment, enabling him to play in the game at Anfield.

Slap it up the cu.nt!
What do u make of this 4-5-1 lynds???
raffas doin my head in !
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion