LIVERPOOL vs MAN UTD - All the build up and discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:21 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Even at one stage, Garcia himself tought he was coming off. He's a joke.

yeah....during the cisse substitution, garcia looked like he thought he was gonna come off.

Garcia did work very hard today....and he should have been really tired after 75 mins (given that he played in spain too)....... so, really suprising why he didn't come off (ie..he didn't play well and he looked really tired out there).
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:35 pm

Im very disappointed with Garcia,his passing was awful.But credit to him,he worked his socks off.

Overall,im happy with today's performance.We kept another clean sheet.Our defence looks promising.We created chances but can't seem to score.Rafa will look into that & we are way better than last season.

YNWA.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:54 pm

Can't say I wasn't disappointed with the result today guys, I really thought we'd win today.  I hear a lot of people blaming the system Rafa went with today (4-5-1) and there may be something in that.  However, I don't wholly blame the system for not winning.  Even if we play 4-4-2 we will have the same problem, not enough creativity from our wide players.

On the positives today, we kept possession quite well (apart from Garcia) and defensively we were very sound.  We might not have created much but we never looked like losing and restricted some quality attacking players to virtually nothing.

The one thing I did think was a silly move by Benitez was playing Gerrard in defensive mid.  It's just not his position anymore and it takes away the best parts of his game.  He was obviously put there to counter Keane, but I thought Sissoko would have been taylor-made for that game today.  The way Gerrard has developed over the last few seasons, he is much better going forward than he is defending, we needed him closer to Crouch today.

I don't think it has helped us that our more creative players - Alonso and Garcia - are both badly out of form at the moment.  Riise has not hit top gear yet either.

Having said all this a point against United is not a disaster by any means, even at home.  I don't think there is any need to panic, we will start clicking in the final third before long, and with our defence looking good we will be in great shape.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:02 am

i felt sorry foir Garcia cos he looked so far out of his depth it was unbeliveble i hate critising Rafa cos i think hes a genius but to leave Garcia on was a joke today
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:07 am

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:Im very disappointed with Garcia,his passing was awful.But credit to him,he worked his socks off.

YNWA.

There is no denying that Garcia worked his socks off. His off the ball play was indeed very good. Work rate was excellent. But when you play a 4-5-1 system and players are getting forward, Garcia receives the ball, but he cant hold it up or do the simple things like pass the ball to the nearest man, or man in free space. He also telegraphs his passes. They are so easy to read.
A fine example yesterday of holding up the ball, and playing the simple pass was Sinama-Pongolle. He made it look easy. If there was 1 critisism Sinama would get, it would be he didnt take on Richardson enough. However, with confidence that will come. V Suprised he was replaced.
But as for Garcia, he just doesn't make the Liverpool grade.

And what the hell is he wearing the number 10 shirt for.

Just goes to show, we are missing a Real number 10 player.

Remember John Barnes?..........Those were the days.......Back heels, step-overs,Amazing free kicks, Superb through balls, Exquisite goals, week in-week out..........Garcia is wearing his shirt.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion