LIVERPOOL VS MAN UTD - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tithead » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:32 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Thats absolutely fuc.king cruel and sick! SCUM FU.CKING JAMMY BAS>TARDS!!

I

:)
tithead

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:49 am

thank god we only lost 1-0 cos they were all over us durin the whole game..we got lucky u no..wat was he think playin sissoko in midfield wen he shup have put him p front wit riise

Hey my english is better than this! :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Very disappointing, but this really is the story of our season so far.  We have dominated so many games but unless you can stick the ball in the net you often come away with nothing. UNited had virtually no chances (although they did have a definate chance of a penalty.. i thought our lucjk had changed!!) but this is why they are top of the league and we are not. 

YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR CHANCES AWAY!  SIMPLE!

We outplayed them, all over the pitch but that does not count for a thing if you can't score.

As I have mentioned in previous topics we need the sort of striker tha only needs 2 or 3 chances to score a goal.  Currently our players average 1 goal every 10 attempts.  Unfortunately this weekend we didn't even manage that.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:28 pm

yeah, its just a pity christiano 'rapist' ronaldo isnt in the next cell you retard
112-1077774096

Postby DAV » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Same old story for us, another poor result with excuses coming from everywhere.
Gerrard playing on the right, what a waste or out best players talents.
The Sissoko obsession.
Poor Finishing and poor last balls.
We are going to finish 4th this season, so where have we improved?
The cups were thrown away, so Europe is our one chance of success.
Well lets hope we win it.
(Another dissapointing season and i'm a dissapointed supporter)
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 pm

DAV wrote:Same old story for us, another poor result with excuses coming from everywhere.
The Sissoko obsession.

:nod    100% agreement mate
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Paul C wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Yesterday's match was one of those games where I felt we missed the creativity and unpredictability of Luis Garcia.  To be honest, I haven't given Garcia much thought since his injury but we could have used him out there yesterday.  He's got the ability to pop up with key goals in big games and I think he would have taken up some good positions in the box on those occasions when Bellamy got the better of Vidic.  It's all 'what ifs' of course but, in a tight game, against a well-drilled defense, with chances at a premium, Garcia's a tremendous asset.

Spot on. He's the ONLY player we have at the club who can deliver the unpredictable but to be fair to the rest of the lads we haven't really missed him till now. I felt our European hopes were severely dented when we lost the little magician but so far so good. A return to fitness for Kewell (how far away is he?) would help make up for his loss i think.

Agreed lads, we need players like Garcia and Kewell and imo yesterday highlighted that point, Speedy did ok in the first half playing so good 'give n go' balls but was quiet in the second, Pennent is too two dimentional and doesn't come in field enough, we lack a player that can unlock defences  :(

I agree that when we're at our attacking best Garcia is usually involved. Again for all his faults some of his touches and his awareness of those around him and his inter play at times is simply breathtaking.

Other than that the link up between Gerrard and Fowler in the first game is one that stands out as it is not something we see as much as we should!

Kuyt played pretty much the same role for Feyenoord as he does for us. The only difference being that he had Kalou supplying him and they had a really understanding.

Although he was not my favourite player I still say we miss a player LIKE Danny Murphy. For all his faults, Murphy could sit just outside the edge of the box and play that killer pass. Alonso is hands down a better passer of the ball but he doesn't get anywhere near as far up the pitch.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:18 pm

DAV wrote:Same old story for us, another poor result with excuses coming from everywhere.
The Sissoko obsession.

Ive got to disagree.

I think we have improved.  This is only Rafa's third season and the way we play is so completely different than under Houllier.  Our football is a lot more fluent, Our attempts on goal have always been far better the our oppositions (except against Man U at OT).  for me the only disappointment is that we don't score enough goals.  Each year we are improving. Unfortunately all of the top teams are also improving.

Next season will be the forst when we can compete when it comes to signing those "big" players, we are only a couple short before we can truly compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby DAV » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Interesting, since Houlier took over and now RB this is all people post.
We are improving and just a couple of players short of being great.
Well the problem is our main rivals are improving, at either the same or faster rate.
At the end of last season we signed these 2 or 3 players you talked of, and still nothing as changed.
Every Striker we sign of recent times, can not find the back of the net.
They move on to other clubs and are back to scoring.
Anyone no why this is.
Last edited by DAV on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:21 pm

DAV wrote:Every Striker we sign of recent times, can not find the back of the net. They move on to other clubs and are back to scoring.
Anyone no why this is.

While that's true of Morientes and will likely be true of Cisse (in an average French league) you can hardly say that other former Liverpool strikers have been revitalized by a move away from Anfield.  Of recent vintage, Baros, Heskey, Le Tallec and Pongolle have all revealed themselves to be not good enough since leaving Liverpool and we've done well to move them on (Pongolle will surely be sold this summer).  As frustrating as our current crop of strikers can be at times, they're still a big step up from the Heskey's and Baros's of yesteryear.

BTW, I haven't mentioned Owen deliberately, since you seem to have focused on strikers who struggled with us.  When not crocked, of course, Owen has played well at every club he's been with.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:38 pm

DAV wrote:Interesting, since Houlier took over and now RB this is all people post.
Well the problem is our main rivals are improving, at either the same or faster rate.
At the end of last season we signed these 2 or 3 players you talked of, and still nothing as changed.

On the contrary , a lot has changed my friend.

It's because we are capable of competing at this highest level that the frustrations appear when we don't perform.

We are a lot better than we were last season and a world apart from 2005 when we won the Champions League.

On Saturday we dominated the game and had Utd back peddling for most of the game. When could you honestly say that previously ? 1990 ?

We beat Chelsea convincingly at Anfield and were the better side at Stamford Bridge.

The only team we haven't made any headway against is Arsenal who I happen to think are the best footballing side in the Premiership but thats another thread all of it's own. 

Yes, we have a striker problem but the team is undeniably stronger.

I hear what people are saying but we need to put Saturday's defeat in context and realise that we are not that far away from being real title contenders and we have a real chance of winning the CL this season.

I realise many on here will disagree but hey thats football.............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:38 pm

DAV wrote:Interesting, since Houlier took over and now RB this is all people post.

On the contrary , a lot has changed my friend.

It's because we are capable of competing at this highest level that the frustrations appear when we don't perform.

We are a lot better than we were last season and a world apart from 2005 when we won the Champions League.

On Saturday we dominated the game and had Utd back peddling for most of the game. When could you honestly say that previously ? 1990 ?

We beat Chelsea convincingly at Anfield and were the better side at Stamford Bridge.

The only team we haven't made any headway against is Arsenal who I happen to think are the best footballing side in the Premiership but thats another thread all of it's own. 

Yes, we have a striker problem but the team is undeniably stronger.

I hear what people are saying but we need to put Saturday's defeat in context and realise that we are not that far away from being real title contenders and we have a real chance of winning the CL this season.

I realise many on here will disagree but hey thats football.............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
The Sissoko obsession.

Ive got to disagree.

I think we have improved.  This is only Rafa's third season and the way we play is so completely different than under Houllier.  Our football is a lot more fluent, Our attempts on goal have always been far better the our oppositions (except against Man U at OT).  for me the only disappointment is that we don't score enough goals.  Each year we are improving. Unfortunately all of the top teams are also improving.

Next season will be the forst when we can compete when it comes to signing those "big" players, we are only a couple short before we can truly compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea.

I think we have improved as a team since he came,we are better than in 2003/2004 but i can see where hes coming from,another season gone,if we dont win the europpean cup its a  bit of a waste to the season,knocked out of one cup we won the season before very early on and knocked out of the other cup 6-3,if we get 4th place its worse than last season,so really not a great season.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:You're all getting banned you Manc fuckers.

LoL,AND this is OUR mod  :D
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 pm

peterc1992 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:You're all getting banned you Manc fuckers.

LoL,AND this is OUR mod  :D

The only reason the ones who posted after I said that managed to post is because I was tired and went to bed.

We've had plenty of Mancs on here in the past after victories.  The best thing about this game if you can take anything from it is that they were all fucking more ecstatic than usual about winning this game.  We turned them over and they knew it.  That's why they were SO PLEASED they won.  It kind of makes them look smaller as a result.

I can only liken it to Gerard Houllier wanting our players to do a lap of the pitch after we had beaten them about six years ago for the first time in beards.  Robbie Fowler for one objected to this.  It then makes us look small after securing the victory.  As if it's some kind of big deal to beat them.

I'll show you a big deal tomorrow night at Anfield when Barcelona come to Town.

The futures not as dark as people think.  We're a fucking class side, a player or two short from being a really dangerous side to anyone who tries to play against us.  We're nearly where we want to be folks.  Forget the freak results at the start of the season for a second, the only team I've seen truly defeat us this season has been Arsenal.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion