BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:27 pm

I think most of you all are angry, because we should have won it. As for me, I'm happy with 1 point. Remember last season we lost 0 2 to them but this season we drew 2 2. Not bad.

Now is the season start for Liverpool. Let beat Chelshit two games in the row.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:13 am

One observation from the match today would be that Garcia seems to be bullied around alot. Saw Cisse furiously flapping his arms, shouting at Garcia (probably cursing) when Cisse himself crossed a ball that had too much pace for Garcia to reach. Now Cisse wouldn't do that to anyone else in the squad (ok..maybe traore :D ).

Hmm..I remember seeing Gerrard telling Garcia off many times also in previous matches. Poor thing. He must be the quietest character in the dressing room.

Anyway, where there was a post earlier about Cisse being cr@p today, and managed to put in crosses only because he had plenty of space after Brum went on the attack, I think that's ridiculous. Cisse did well today and looked lively, and you probably couldn't have asked for anything more with his precise cross to Crouch. He did however, shew one shot way wide and to be honest, I remember him doing the same skewed shot sequence more than a couple of times this season.

Anyway, there's just something bout Cisse that i am growingly disliking. He's seems to be more and more flashy. Kissing his rings 1-2-3 while he entered the field. Everything I see him on the pitch he complains frequently, avoids going into tackles and makes a lot of faces. It's some sort of an attitude problem... a certain arrogance.

Nonetheless, other observations for today is that we do not have good corner takers. Gerrard's corners are average at best (not only for today) - though one of his corners indirectly resulted in the penalty.  But most of the time they find a opposition head instead. Ditto for Alonso's.

Lastly, Gerrard had a splendid game today, Alonso continues his poor patch, Garcia can really pack a good header (as he proved the last few games), Reina justifies what I have been saying for weeks that he looks jittery in goal and I see Zenden moving on to Rangers next summer.
GunGod

Postby JBG » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:16 am

There are only two teams left unbeaten in the Premiership.

Chelsea are one of them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:26 am

I wish Alonso could've played well and not had his worst game for us, cause is it just looks as though it was foolish to lock the thread in which reasonable discussion on the matter was takin place.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:20 am

Alonso didn't have a bad game. He gave the ball away 3-5 times in the second-half but he made some great passes and tackles.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:51 am

All our players played well yesterday. What we miss is someone who can support P.C. We need attacking central midfield maybe like Aimar.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:12 am

brillian!
1. we start scoring goals
2. garcia starts to get in business
3. it's good for cisse's future confidence, that he scored albeit from a penalty
4. warnock gets better (hold your head up high for the o.g., i would give you a standing ovation if i were there)
5. we get to know better who we need in January, a good runner with tha ball and a good crosser,(they're all available in Joaquin). Once he arrives, i believe our performance will boost.
after all, it's a significant progress to me
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:57 am

disappointed that we didnt get the win...i think that if we attacked them like we did in the last 10 then we would have won... this may be irrelevant but in rafa's 1st season when he won the league with valencia they went on a 13 game unbeaten run,7 were draws and they went on to win the league,it will certainly be difficult for us to win the prem this season but draws away arnt so bad... i feel when rafa gets it right then we will turn the draws into wins :)
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby red or dead » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 pm

i said in an previous post that we are showing to much respect to teams like brum and i was proved right we need to really get at these teams like we did in the last 15 mins yesterday, 4-5-1 against the big teams maybe but it should be 4-4-2 against the poorer teams.
red or dead

Postby destro » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:41 pm

im sick of this 4-5-1 formation. it may have worked for rafa in spain but he had better quality wide men who could cross and get up to support. its not the way to go in the prem  blackburn 4-4-2 and beat the scum newcastle also 4-4-2 and a win for them. is this what we have come to , people being pleased because we drew with birmingham just because they beat us last year ? peole are slating cisse because he gets annoyed at players for not giving him the right ball ? so what, he has every right to the lad is playing for his future in what little time rafa gives him, the pressure he is under no wonder he complains, although i agree he could complain and try to win the ball back. we need to stop with this 4-5-1 formation and go back to 4-4-2 let other teams worry about us rather than us worry about them. its often said that there are no easy games in the prem, well i disagree because yesterday was an easy game and its yet more points dropped. this could be our year to really close the gap, the scum arent playing great and neither are arsenal we could go as close as second but not with that stupid formation.i was actually bored watching that yesterday. as for pepe i hope that wasnt a sign of whats to come, he was known as a great shot stopper until yesterday, heskeys header was hardly powerfull. he needs to forget his spanish mentality and try to catch the ball rather than punch it or not come at all
destro

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:56 pm

JBG wrote:I'm sure that if we had taken a cavalier approach to today's game, chances are, we would have won it. However, I think all of last season's away defeats have really bothered Benitez, and I sense that he is taking a safety first approach whereby he is seeking to put a few solid away performances together by playing it safe in order to avoid a few moral crushing defeats. As the season wears on I'm sure Liverpool will win their fair share of away games.

Spot on there pal. Rafa spent most of the off-season talking about the teams performances away from Anfield and how to put it right. While i would love to see the boys cutting teams to shreds with attacking flair on their own patch. Right now i'm happy the boss has made us tough to beat. Last season you just knew we were gonna get dumped on every time the team played away.

I'd be a lot more worried about the start we have had if we were drawing 3-3 every week. I believe the goals will come.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:00 pm

It could have been worse i suppose but still a very good oppotunity to get so points has gone. I was frustrated with how long it took birmingham to equalise after we took the lead (and then go ahead). My biggest worry is Reina, we seem to have traded in a keeper who was a good shot stopper but dodgy on crosses for another keeper with those exact same characteristics. Honestly, some of the flapping he was doing at crosses were making me cringe.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:05 pm

yeah i think once the team gets the balance of attack and defence then we will win these types of games...still i would like us to play 4-4-2 against the lesser teams at least...look at the tottenham game where we played 4-4-2 and played some good football...i dont mind 4-5-1 but we dont have the wide men to complement that formation at the moment
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:07 am

JBG wrote:There are only two teams left unbeaten in the Premiership.

Chelsea are one of them.

damnit JBG u just put the mickey on us !!

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:30 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think most of you all are angry, because we should have won it. As for me, I'm happy with 1 point. Remember last season we lost 0 2 to them but this season we drew 2 2. Not bad.

Now is the season start for Liverpool. Let beat Chelshit two games in the row.

How can you be happy with a point against Birmingham, regardless of it being an away game, and then expect us to beat Chelsea?

The simple fact is if we continue to play like that the best we can expect to get out of games is a draw, rarely a win. More importantly if we play like that against Chelsea - we're going to get walloped.

The most frustrating thing is that when Rafa made changes that suited more attacking play our style look so much more natural and dangerous, can't Rafa see that his own changes on saturday solved the problem??

People will say that by changing the system we became defensively fragile, by conceding twice. But when you look at the conceded goals they we're both individual player errors not bad defending as a team. Maybe Warnock didn't get a call? Reina was clearly at fault for the second.

Final Thought:
One day Crouch will grow a bit and then he might reach those crosses better?  :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion