LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:29 pm

nonse
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Then the game against West Brom at home, which is supposedly the easiest game out of our Christmas schedule, we should give rest to some key players in order to perform to the maximum 2 days later at Bolton:

Reina

Josemi  Carragher  Hyypia  Traore

Garcia  Alonso  Hamann  Kewell

Crouch  Pongolle

sorry i have nt read the whole topic .

so if someone else has seen this team and laughed at the poster . i agree

i would rather start two player down than traore at left back and josemi at RB far less chance of a penlty if those two wing nuts are nt there ...

and i hope MO gets i brillant reception. but hits the bar,post ,corner flag ..not the back of the net
infact i hope his form is the opposite of when he played in red against the fool army
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:35 pm

NEWCASTLE United boss Graeme Souness received a timely boost with the return of five players for the Boxing Day trip to Liverpool.

Celestine Babayaro, Stephen Carr, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia and Steven Taylor have all been declared fit to make the trip to Anfield.

The manager will select from the following 20-man squad: Shola Ameobi, Celestine Babayaro, Jean Alain Boumsong, Lee Bowyer, Titus Bramble, Martin Brittain, Stephen Carr, Michael Chopra, Lee Clark, Robbie Elliott, Emre, Amady Faye, Shay Given, Steve Harper, Albert Luque, Charles N'Zogbia, Michael Owen, Peter Ramage, Alan Shearer, Nolberto Solano, Steven Taylor.

Midfielder Scott Parker is suspended for the Liverpool game, while Kieron Dyer and Craig Moore are still missing through injury.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:40 pm

DAV wrote:nonse

DAV, you said nope then went onto to call yourself a nonce

why was that??

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Self-harming can come in many forms, for some its is verbal abuse :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:I will BOOO owen in our next match ... remember that Rafa and Liverpool need him to stay but he decided to go to Real Madcow

"Fans" like you do my frigging head in.

Go to an LFC game and boo and ex player and see what the MAJORITY of the people think of you and say to you. You would be in an uncomfortable minority I can tell you.

This vitriol towards Owen is going too far. He served us from the age of 11 to 24. He gave us loads of good memories - lets hope none of his detractors on here broke anything when they jumped up to celebrate his goals at Cardiff in 2001 

And as for this he betrayed us to go to Madrid stuff? Were any of you party to the private negotiations between him and LFC?

Oh and remember how long it took us to get Gerrard signed up but that's ok to forget this if we can use it to beat up Owen.

Owen was on target to beat Rushies (yes the greatest goalscorer in the club's history for those who are too young, or too naive to remember) records even given the injuries he had suffered. We have not had a genuine proven goalscorer at the club since and yet we still "put the boot in".

You are, of course, all entitled to your opinion but he should welcomed back with open arms before the game and then we should put his team in its place on the pitch. We are Liverpool fans - we just don't boo ex-players who return.

I agree with a lot of what you say mick and I like you and many others on here have been lucky enough to have watched the anfield carreers of rushy-fowler-owen (and more)
If Im honest I would be made up if the little feller was lining up in a red shirt again on boxing day, but sadly his time with us is history now
as for booing him that would be a fkn discrace and I will applaud him for the good times, but I have to say that his final acts at anfield left a lot to be desired,
Rafa went out to see him and SG on england duty and Owen stated that he WILL be signing a new contract for Liverpool on his return
It was Owen who made a complete u turn once Madrid came in
and it was Owen who left the new manager the club and all us fans without a second thought just when we needed him most, so I can understand and respect how some fans still feel well and truly plssed off with him.
Boo him never - keep your hands in your pockets optional
teamleader1

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:58 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:NEWCASTLE United boss Graeme Souness received a timely boost with the return of five players for the Boxing Day trip to Liverpool.

Celestine Babayaro, Stephen Carr, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia and Steven Taylor have all been declared fit to make the trip to Anfield.

The manager will select from the following 20-man squad: Shola Ameobi, Celestine Babayaro, Jean Alain Boumsong, Lee Bowyer, Titus Bramble, Martin Brittain, Stephen Carr, Michael Chopra, Lee Clark, Robbie Elliott, Emre, Amady Faye, Shay Given, Steve Harper, Albert Luque, Charles N'Zogbia, Michael Owen, Peter Ramage, Alan Shearer, Nolberto Solano, Steven Taylor.

Midfielder Scott Parker is suspended for the Liverpool game, while Kieron Dyer and Craig Moore are still missing through injury.

great news to see parker banned for newcastle. his the only midfielder i feared apart from emre.
parker seems to be the only player whos on top form for newcastle.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:30 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:NEWCASTLE United boss Graeme Souness received a timely boost with the return of five players for the Boxing Day trip to Liverpool.

great news to see parker banned for newcastle. his the only midfielder i feared apart from emre.
parker seems to be the only player whos on top form for newcastle.

the most important player there who is back for newcastle is taylor. without him i'd be confident of us running up a cricket score, especially with boumsong and bramble at the back.

emre's a class player but all the newcastle fans up here feel that he's a fair weather player who doesn't like the winter.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Wiley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:38 pm

I think all the hype surrounding owen will take the shine off what is normally an entertaining game,i have enjoyed many trips to anfield and will be going again on boxing day,i just think there is too much hype around owen tbh,it's going to be tough for us,i honestly can't say what will happen,our team are far too in-consistant :(
Wiley

Postby Reina From Spaina » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:16 am

stu_the_red wrote:If anyone boo's him near me i'll :censored: punch them one.

Liverpool FC legend. End of. For once DAV got it spot on.

your a one dimension trick pony lad!

You seem to forget that Owen left all of LFC fans and the club in the preverbial Sh*te, as HE chose to leave LFC and head to madrid! And how it has BAckfired on him. He is practically carrying the NEwcastle side!

YOu forget that don't you!

Just to let you know, I have the seat next to you on Boxing day and I am gonna bring my Boo Boys along.!

Never mind the " anfield legend B*llox. "  So was Lawro, and now he gets paid by the BBC to slate LFC all the time and stick his tounge down the back of Man Utd and Chelsea's undies! He just loves them!

If Owen had stayed, He would now have an LFC Champions league winners medal, and we would be in contention for the EPL. He can ask Stevie G how it feels to own one on boxing day!

:D  :D  :D
Reina From Spaina

Postby Reina From Spaina » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:26 am

Stu the red you are having a laugh,

Robbie fowler Did not have right leg, his right was like Riisse's Right!

Cr*p !

Owen was by far the best. He will go to Anfield wishing he was wearing a red shirt, as we are gonna dominate the game from start to finish, and the only reason Owen is gonna look SILLY! is because whe he left Real Madrid, he was saying " I'd like to go back to Liverpool" But Rafa didn't want him !

:D  :D

Boo hoo Michael, as you've just made the worst football career decision in History, as the Geordie boys aint gonna win the toss of a coin!

:D  :D
Reina From Spaina

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:17 am

Owen was by far the best. He will go to Anfield wishing he was wearing a red shirt, as we are gonna dominate the game from start to finish, and the only reason Owen is gonna look SILLY! is because whe he left Real Madrid, he was saying " I'd like to go back to Liverpool" But Rafa didn't want him !

IIRC it's not that he didn't want Owen, it's that he was too expensive. It's like real life, selling something and shortly afterwards buying the same thing double priced, is not good deal.

From that fact to saying he didn't want Owen (Cisse, Moro, Crouch, Pongo should be enough) there is a long way.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:00 am

I don't think we should underestimate the feckers, they're getting some players back from injury and they've been on a decent run. Tough match.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:14 am

It will be quite tough but as I said before Newcastle should be the team to re-start our fine form.Yes they have had a couple of good results and there confidence will be up but they still shouldnt be a match for us , with a pub team defence they are prone to concede goals.On paper they look good going forward with Owen and Shearer so keeping those two quiet will be our toughest job but with the defence in fine form at the moment they could keep anyone out.
The Everton game on the other hand will be the toughie I reckon .
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:31 am

Lee J wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I think Owen deserves to be booed, having screwed the club that gave him his big chance, AND his current status.

Lando you sad sack, I'm sure Micky will be devestated when he hears YOU booing him. I bet if they interview him after the game he breaks down blubbering saying he can't believe that Lando booed him - you fking xmas turkey! I hate people like you...

"Im gonna boo him cos he screwed us... arp arp arp!"

Change the record!

and this goes to all of you spineless, fickle bunch of itchy scabs...    GET OVER IT! HE LEFT LIVERPOOL TO CONTINUE HIS CAREER WITH ANOTHER CLUB!

....so did Kenny Dalglish, do we boo him?  :angry:

Oh Lee, and I just want to melt butter on your balls and lick it off...  ???

Who's rattled your cage, gimpchimp? When did I say I was going to boo him?
When did I say he would be gutted to hear said boos? You demented Orangutan.

"He left Liverpool to continue his career with another club!"

He also deliberately delayed the signing of the contract so he'd get a higher wage. So I believe it is YOU who is the "Xmas turkey".

I must say that I am suprised you hate me, as I'd have thought it would take all of your mental strength just to power your lungs.

You bubonic verruca.
:;):
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion