BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:11 am

We are 5 games into the new season, September isnt done with yet, we have 1 win, 4 draws, 3 goals scored and 2 conceded, are in the Champions League and fans are already drawing out the knifes and demanding heads roll.

Goodness, what has happened?

Granted we have had better starts than this and yes, Chelsea have a massive 13 point gap between us and them but bear in mind, we have played 2 games less than most teams, and had to play some pretty tough games against Tottenham (a good team if ever there was a good spurs team over the last 10 years), Man Utd (Tactical draw) and of course the draws at Middlesbrough (we should have won by 5-0) and the entertaining but error riddled 2-2 draw with Birmingham.

One error in 15 games by Reina and we are all screaming for his head. Let's not forget the idiots who are also blaming him for Warnock's own goal!

We have also had fans baying for Cisse's head, as well as Zenden and Garcia and it makes me wonder if these fan's really do understand the game of football, tactic's and what a role of a winger or creative player is?

Granted again that Zenden and Garcia are NOT ronaldinho or Eto but for goodness sakes, what is wrong with you people?

If you are going to hammer them, at least give them till the end of the season!

You people did the same bloody thing with garcia last season and he ended up scoring some valuable goal's and helping us get to the CL final and saving our bacon on a number of occassions.

It makes me sick to read some of the threads because they are absolute NONSENSE....

We are all entitled to an opinion but some of the threads really lack any direction or reason...just pure nonsense.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:21 am

There opinions Mike, I agree but thats human nature .

When its all good people are more upbeat and positive ,when its not going as planned you have to expect the rough .
66-1112520797

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:37 pm

I don't think Rafa should go, i just want him to see the light and stop playing that stupid lone striker 4-5-1 formation. Its killing the natural attacking instinct of the team.

After the first half on saturday, I was praying for a substitution. I do not doubt Rafa has the ability to bring success to the club but in my opinion he is going about it the wrong way. Everything about saturday shows that, when he changed the formation and introduced players who should of started we looked 10 times better.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:57 am

I wasn't able to catch the game on saturday but I think we are now able to convert some of the away games into points that we would have lost last season. We are undefeated so far and I'm sure we will start winning some games. Let's not get too discourage and cheer on!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion