LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Sun 22/3/09 4.p.m.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 pm

tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:Friedel's red card rescinded. Hope he has a blinder at Old Trafford. :D

Good.

Terrible decision in the first place.

yeah for real better than friedel will be in goals against mannure... Common you Ex liverpool players
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:14 pm

tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:Friedel's red card rescinded. Hope he has a blinder at Old Trafford. :D

Good.

Must admit I didn't think the FA had any common sense, that and the even more risable decision to send off McCartney when SWP was unlikely to get to the ball first before their keeper. I was under the impression the FA tied themselves up in red tape over not downgrading red to yellow etc etc, it can seem almost a lottery these days.

Poor old fergie must be spewing even more, but I don't believe a red for two yellows can be rescinded. Maybe if he kept a tighter leash on his mongrels and their incessant barking and petulance, maybe he wouldn't get so many reds. I mean Scholes' was just plain stupidity, down to 10 men and a penalty is hardly wise. Just a shame they only get one match bans, about time the FA started penalising teams for disciplinary points. Maybe two points off your team's total for every 25 disciplinary points and the cards for time wasting, shirt pulling, diving, kicking the ball away, dissent etc would be extinct, cut out by the managers' say so.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm

tonyeh wrote:

Good.

Nice to get the pen AND have Friedel playing at OT
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Owzat wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

Good.

Must admit I didn't think the FA had any common sense, that and the even more risable decision to send off McCartney when SWP was unlikely to get to the ball first before their keeper. I was under the impression the FA tied themselves up in red tape over not downgrading red to yellow etc etc, it can seem almost a lottery these days.

Poor old fergie must be spewing even more, but I don't believe a red for two yellows can be rescinded. Maybe if he kept a tighter leash on his mongrels and their incessant barking and petulance, maybe he wouldn't get so many reds. I mean Scholes' was just plain stupidity, down to 10 men and a penalty is hardly wise. Just a shame they only get one match bans, about time the FA started penalising teams for disciplinary points. Maybe two points off your team's total for every 25 disciplinary points and the cards for time wasting, shirt pulling, diving, kicking the ball away, dissent etc would be extinct, cut out by the managers' say so.

Aye, rescinding a red from two yellows would essentially mean wiping two cards off the players slate and I don't think the FA would chance that (not often anyway).

But sod Utd. Their indiscipline is one of the reasons why their team is so despised in English football. I know a certain arrogance may come from belongiing to the premier side in the game, but some of their players take it to new levels at times and it brings the game down in many ways.

There have been some truly great players in the Utd team over the last few years, Like Schmeichel or Giggs etc. But they are always marred by gobshites like Cantona, Keane or Ronaldo.

I wouldn't be too in favor of subtracting points off teams though for the percieved mis-conduct of players. With the amount of bad decisions that float around the game these days, it's bound to inflict unfair damage on teams that might not deserve it.

Maybe that rule should only apply to Manchester Utd?    :D
tonyeh

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion