LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Sun 22/3/09 4.p.m.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:24 pm

devaney wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Sabre wrote:
"The team was doing well but it's true I am not totally happy because we could have scored more goals," said Benitez, who wanted the Reds to push on after the dismissal of Brad Friedel at 4-0.

"We were playing against 10 players and had three or four more chances. It's really important to take them because you never know what's going to happen with the goal difference.

"Today it wasn't key but in other games it has been. I wanted more goals. It's an area we need to improve.

It's interesting this self criticism of the manager. He does so at a stage of the season in which our effectiveness is being lethal. We didn't have that effectiveness when Torres wasn't available and clearly that's something the managers want out of the players.

It's a good self criticism IMHO and the goal difference do have importance. Not to mention that these spankings are sending the right messages to our next rivals. These results do intimidate and that's a good thing.

No...he's just a moaning kunt.

Why can't he just be happy with the win........blah, blah, blah...ad nauseum........

:D

Slightly risible that you have the audacity to call Benitez a moaning k.unt
after all the moaning you have done about him this season. It is not long ago that you wanted him out of the place! At least Rafa only gets it wrong some of the time unlike yourself!

We really do need that sarcasm smiley.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:33 pm

LOB :D

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:Kuys face :D

Nandos face :cool:  and a little smile

Haha! Torres cheeky smirk there is priceless!

As for Dirk, he looks like the ginger bloke from the Full Monty! (now seen in Corrie)

But we love him :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby doktorrr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:02 pm

This is rapsody:)
doktorrr

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Bad Bob wrote: :D

The coverage I was watching yesterday had a montage of all 5 goals followed by all five reactions from Rafa afterward and the poker face never slipped.  I don't know how he manages to contain himself.  That must be why we've hired Sammy Lee. :D

They also said something about how he was writing a letter to SAF saying "Dear Alex, We are still in this."  I got a good chuckle out of that.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm

This team formation enjoyed a lot of success in the second half of last season except for Babel playing left midfield so is it really a shock that we have started to rip a few teams apart. All the messing about with Keane in the first half of the season was a £20m problem that I for one am pleased has been dispensed with.

I have previously argued that Gerrard's best position is playing just off Torres in a second striker roll and many of you including BigMick have suggested that Gerrard's best position is central midfield. I stand by my original opinion - what about you?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Ciggy wrote:
thegreedo wrote:Any more predictions Cig, I might put a bet on with Dawson.:D

Yep, we will win the league  :nod

:buttrock get in there RAFA's REDMEN ...

Always believe - we have a world class manager  :bowdown
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Yet another immense display from Gareth Barry. I can still se why we wanted him over Alonso. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:19 pm

stmichael wrote:Yet another immense display from Gareth Barry. I can still se why we wanted him over Alonso. :D

St Mick.. the worrying thingis we are still being linked with him???  Why??  paper talk hopefully
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
stmichael wrote:Yet another immense display from Gareth Barry. I can still se why we wanted him over Alonso. :D

St Mick.. the worrying thingis we are still being linked with him???  Why??  paper talk hopefully

Papers don't drop stories until they are so dead the funeral and wake are fading memories.

Don't expect links between Rafa and Real to die completely, or Ronaldo and Real, or Jose linked with players, doubtless even Kakka to Man City is still held in reserve.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the papers don't have a file of back-up stories in case there aren't any new ones to fill their pages

Editor : so what's new?
Journo : not a lot, we've done a piece on Gerrard affray for a 19th consecutive day, fergie and retirement, the title and relegation battles and some other stuff but we're a piece or two short
Editor : revive a few old stories from the file, make a slight twist to them and add some believable new source to make it sound like it's back on. If all else fails, speculate on the Tevez affair again, think that's near the front of the file
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Friedel's red card rescinded. Hope he has a blinder at Old Trafford. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:14 pm

stmichael wrote:Friedel's red card rescinded. Hope he has a blinder at Old Trafford. :D

Ferguson will pop a gasket if Friedel's the cause of more dropped points.  Love it!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
devaney wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Sabre wrote:
"The team was doing well but it's true I am not totally happy because we could have scored more goals," said Benitez, who wanted the Reds to push on after the dismissal of Brad Friedel at 4-0.

"We were playing against 10 players and had three or four more chances. It's really important to take them because you never know what's going to happen with the goal difference.

"Today it wasn't key but in other games it has been. I wanted more goals. It's an area we need to improve.

It's interesting this self criticism of the manager. He does so at a stage of the season in which our effectiveness is being lethal. We didn't have that effectiveness when Torres wasn't available and clearly that's something the managers want out of the players.

It's a good self criticism IMHO and the goal difference do have importance. Not to mention that these spankings are sending the right messages to our next rivals. These results do intimidate and that's a good thing.

No...he's just a moaning kunt.

Why can't he just be happy with the win........blah, blah, blah...ad nauseum........

Slightly risible that you have the audacity to call Benitez a moaning k.unt
after all the moaning you have done about him this season. It is not long ago that you wanted him out of the place! At least Rafa only gets it wrong some of the time unlike yourself!

We really do need that sarcasm smiley.  :D

Yes...we really do.

Erm, devaney, in case you still don't get it, I was taking the piss.
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:59 pm

stmichael wrote:Friedel's red card rescinded. Hope he has a blinder at Old Trafford. :D

Good.

Terrible decision in the first place.
tonyeh

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Never lost faith in the Reds,never believed for a moment the hype surrounding the Mancs invincibility ,never lost faith in a packed Anfield, providing the team with confidence and a passion usually reserved for european games .
The Redmen are back on the march, and ready to trample over all and sundry with displays of sheer power ,and Rafa Benitez is ready to stand at the pinnacle of European and domestic football a position he truly merits ... These are the days its good to be a Scouser
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion