LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Sun 22/3/09 4.p.m.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:43 pm

In the ascendancy now, we must keep on this peak and roll over the opposition. We are all in the clouds at the moment and we dont want anyone to brings us back down, so hopefully we can win our remaining 9 games from here & hope Utd slip up in 3 games (2 Man U draws and a Man U defeat could be enough if we close the goal difference from the +5 they have. Also got to keep an eye on Chelsea as they have a +4 goal diff on us) We would both finish on 88 points, but we would have to start really beating teams by 2/3/4 goals to cut the goal diff gap, because United will beat some teams heavily.
So with Villa on Sunday, we may have to play it tight as Villa will play the counter. We may need to score 2, as trying to defend 1-0's is a tricky task, and one that could cost us the title.

So I am going for
Liverpool 2-0 Villa

(p.s. Thanks for all the "Hail Bermenstein" posts in the Man Utd thread. Made me feel very good and had a laugh. I think it was Sabre who got the ball rolling  :D )
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:24 pm

:;):

Zehr Gut, Herr Bermenstein.
tonyeh

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Villa aren't doing so great against Spurs right now
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:22 pm

hopefully we can beat them, but not demoralize them so they still have the spirit to go after the Mancs :D
JoeTerp

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm glad t see Berm's started the thread......

Lookin forward t this as I work with loadsa brummies, mainly villa fans. Gonna be intrestin t see if villa hold the challenge with the goonies seein as they've taken quite a bliiiiiiip of late, got a feelin they've been shootin above their standin til now.

Alonso should be back which'll obviously strengthen the team, even tho Lucas wernt as bad as most of us envisaged gainst th mancs. Wonder who'll get the nod over who with Riera and Babel, and whether Arby's gonna be fit to start. Carra certainly aint hapy at RB due to his (lack of) pace, an Skrtel didnt wanna be there neither. Maybe Mascha'll want another go if needed......?

Goes without sayin we have to win, but maybe more importantly both the mancs and the chavs will have played before we kick off, so a possible extra motivation there too. As if they needed it!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:55 pm

villa down 1-2 and jeers from the villa park 'faithful'. bring on next sunday.......
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 pm

We should fecking hammer them.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Berm, we will need to rest for the Arsenal and Tottenham games, maybe even the CL.  Does your magic work there? :D

Hopefully our confidence keeps going, I can see this being a 3-0 blowout or a 1-1 draw, all depends on how bad we want it.
SupitsJonF

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Berm, we will need to rest for the Arsenal and Tottenham games, maybe even the CL.  Does your magic work there? :D

Hopefully our confidence keeps going, I can see this being a 3-0 blowout or a 1-1 draw, all depends on how bad we want it.

If it gets to 3-0 can you really see Dossena not adding a 4th?  :p   :buttrock

KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 am

Going to be a tough one or who knows could be an easy one! Villa are playing shyte at the moment and would want to put an end to that. But sorry for them it wont happen against us. Considering the great form we are in and the buzz that must be in the dressing room i just cant see us getting anything less than a win.. My prediction 3-0....
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:54 am

We should win this one given the quality of our personnel. But there are threats out there that needs to be neutralized. Notably Villa's pace down the wings and their penchance for playing a big centre-forward. So we definitely need Arbeloa back. Carra would get skinned alive if he was played as a fullback in this one.

I would play the following team.

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra   Skertl   Aurelio

Mascherano  Alonso

Kuyt           Gerrard    Riera/Babel/Dossena

Torres
ConnO'var

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 am

I feel Kuyt would play an important role of double marking Ashley Young.. Kuyt is much better when it comes to tackling than lennon and Young was finding it tough to go past Lennon + Zokora/Corluka Combo
RobinHood6969

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 am

Bermenstein starts the thread, so the team selections matter little. :D

However I'd like to see our best eleven and hopefully injuries will allow us to watch it.

During the game, I saw that Mascherano got yellow card number 5, when does he get a yellow card accumulation match? Hopefully we can count on him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 am

I would ave preferred Villa to have won their last ten or eleven matches.
Then we would have fuc.ked them
I am seriously concerned that their form at the moment is shi.te
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 am

Get in there Bermenstein

:D

Its going to be a strange game, we could be sloopy after being on such a high, The way Villa play football is much like West Ham and thats why we might find it hard.
I like the way they play (when they play well) and our back 4 need to be sorted.

but hey its a Bermenstein thread so its a 4-0 win lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion