ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL - Big test

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:18 pm

drummerphil wrote:I know i keep saying it but 7 million for Crouch is up there with the worst deals in our History.He really is sh!t and Southampton was his level.I know fellow fans keep saying give him chance its a confidence thing.....please just tell the truth The guy will never be a Liverpool player as long as their is a hole in his backside.....HE IS CACK

Cant agree with you there Phil,he was the difference between 1 point and three today.For a big man his first touch is as good as most.He will never be a prolific scorer for us ,but who would be.You can see by his face when anyone else scores that he isnt worrying about missed oppurtunities,if he keeps plugging away his goal will come.Not like that other waste of space Kewell.
84-1106852058

Postby neilE » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:26 pm

we were the better side, but we still had our usual disease, not converting possession into goals - until we got a dodgy pen, that is. As for Crouch, I agree he's not looking like a Liverpool striker, but it was him that gave us the edge today - didn't score, but their old player seemed to terrify their defenders. Baros on the other hand barely bothered our defenders. Carra was superb as ever, - it was interesting to see that he took the left today, with Sami on the right. I've not seen that before, but it worked very well. Sissoko was weak today - distribution was poor, but then that's not why he's in the team. One point of note I thought - Gerrard played well enough today, but after the 1st goal he suddenly became the driving force we've come to expect - and haven't seen much of in the league this season. Hopefully this game will kick start him back to his best - and the rest of them - 3 wins in a row, no goals conceded, jinx of the gme after Europe broken. This is definitely something to build on
neilE

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:34 pm

drummerphil wrote:ok i wil leave the Crouch bashing alone considering one or two of you think hes the dogs b0llocks and woth the money.I want him desperately to do well........just hope i,m not saying told you so.

Yeah...lets leave him. if it was a 0-0 draw, i am sure, crouch would have been the whipping boy here...... But we won (will enjoy my weekend even more now :buttrock).

I still stand by my opinion that crouch is a waste of money.....but that is another story for another day. We won our 1st away league game..... hope we can continue this form.

As for the match, well..... we look really good in defence..... we look ok in attack (but not really potent at the moment...). Just hoping for some quality wingers to come during the january window. That should beef up our offence even more....

Now, if only BS & Scums lose...it will be awesome weekend......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:36 pm

Happy days 3 points away from home!! :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:41 pm

JohnBull wrote:Crouch was the reason we won - if you cannot see that then your fooling yourself to prove a VERY sad point

as rafa ses. crouch is imprtant for us. he came on and the whole tactical game changed holdin the ball up feedin it to the left to the rite. iv u look at the peno crouch wins the header in the middle ov the feild to then be played out wide to be crossed. peno. second goal crouch was involved again. the only thing he is lackin is a goal and as far as im concernd i aint arsed as long as he is involved in the goals
kopite_1232002

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:41 pm

it was an ugly win with cisse being the :censored: of the match
however, given so many "beautiful lost" in the past, i don't really give it a :censored: as far as 3 points being on hands.

Cisse should spend his time more on the training ground, instead of in a barber.
I'm a supporter of him staying, but his display tonght really :censored: me
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:53 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:it was an ugly win with cisse being the :censored: of the match
however, given so many "beautiful lost" in the past, i don't really give it a :censored: as far as 3 points being on hands.

Cisse should spend his time more on the training ground, instead of in a barber.
I'm a supporter of him staying, but his display tonght really :censored: me

I thought Cisse done well in the first half actually!! His performance went downhill though as Raffa changed tactics at half time and played him on the right!!Get off his back and stop whinging...he's not a fuc.king winger!!
66-1120597113

Postby Gareth G » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:00 pm

I think you lot need to get off Cisse's back and start supporting him. He was played out of position and he clearly isn't comfortable on the wing. He score's goal's, that's all he really know's, so why chuck him out on the wing where his only threat is speed? He does cross the odd good ball in, but that isn't his job, his job is in front of goal, so play him there!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:09 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I think you lot need to get off Cisse's back and start supporting him. He was played out of position and he clearly isn't comfortable on the wing. He score's goal's, that's all he really know's, so why chuck him out on the wing where his only threat is speed? He does cross the odd good ball in, but that isn't his job, his job is in front of goal, so play him there!

Did you just forget how he missed the awful 1 on 1 where he smacked it RIGHT at the keeper? Just to name a few, just watch his finishing against CSKA Moscow in the Super Cup although he did fortunately score twice.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:12 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Player Ratings:

Pepe Reina: 8 Very solid and epitomizes confidence. Only question mark on paying too much attention to the offside decisions in which Villa were played onside and almost scored.

Steve Finnan: 7 Routine performance. Kept Villa's left flank in his pocket. Good attacking contribution.

Sami Hyypia: 8 One of his more composed performance. Kept his cool in many attempts at offside trap despite clearly losing a lot of speed.

Jamie Carragher: 9 My man of the match. Epitomizes team spirit and confidence. Sublime attempts at offside traps and made several crucial last ditch tackles. Perfect. Only downside is the lack of goals from him. :D

John-Arne Riise: 7 Routine performance on the left. Made decent attempts at attacking forays.

Steven Gerrard: 7 Only stepped up the gear in the last quarter of the second half in he pressed the team forward as well as scoring the crucial penalty.

Momo Sissoko: 6 Certainly not one of his best I've seen in the red shirt. Despite doing decently in midfield, he was guilty of losing possession a couple of times as well as falling too easily. Yellow carded in the second half for a foolish tackle too.

Xabi Alonso: 7 Another composed performance from the Spaniard.   Strung up sublime passes as well as sealing up the game with a wonderful finish. Only downside is the foolish shirt pull which earned him a yellow card.

Luis Garcia: 6 Guilty of cheaply giving away possession like his usual self and not making enough attacking contributions.

Djibril Cisse: 5 Another dismal performance from the Frenchman. Unable to calmly finish a 1on1, as well as being unable to make useful runs, in which his speed is totally wasted. Need to get his act together and stop moaning and groaning.

Fernando Morientes: 6 Poor attacking contribution to say the least. Showed several great touches but apart from that, there's nothing much from him.

Bolo Zenden: 8 Came on and showed great versatility on the left. Strung a few sublime crosses into the box which should have ended in the back of the net. Gave us another useful option.

Peter Crouch: 7 Gave us another option and allowed Liverpool to approach the game in another way. Won us the penalty but was unable to finish a couple of chances. Should have got a goal.

Harry Kewell: 6 Did not see much of him but thought he showed some fine touches.

My 5 cents:

Riise I thought was very un-Riise like - didn't get involved much (compare his and Finnnan's contributions).  He was caught out of position more than once.  Certainly not a 7 Rusher.

Alonso - sheer class.

Garcia belongs in the middle, for a while there I thought we were going to regret not having his creativity where we really need it.

While Cisse didn't do it in the final third, and at times didn't link well, he did make the most of his pace, had some well-timed runs, and got to balls most on the team couldn't, simply because he is lightening.  He has been scoring goals lately, not sure why he gets as much of a bollocking as he gets on here.

Zenden played great.

Gerrard - agreed, he looked a bit out of sorts, and I don't think we looked as good without him out wide.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:14 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Happy days 3 points away from home!! :buttrock

can't agree more with you there

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:21 pm

i was right again looks like i have an act for this
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:35 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:i was right again looks like i have an act for this

Right about what, you got the team wrong and the scorers. the only thing I can say you got right was the score but so did I with the 2-0. In fact due to your off the mark line up, you've cost TheRock a few quid  :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:46 pm

stoney wrote:you've cost TheRock a few quid  :laugh:

dunno bout that one
he didnt bet on the team
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:53 pm

He said he was gonna bet on your team and give you 10% of his winnings if he won.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion