ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL - All build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:32 pm

No excuses for this one on Sunday after what will essentially have been a 10 game break for the players. Villa have also had large periods without games. This can work in either teams favour, depending on how you look at it.

Villa are generally a cautious team, so it should be interesting to see how they set up. I watched them disgracefully play for a point at home to Chelsea. But they got it, because they're a tough side to break down, so we need to get at them and an early goal would be absolutely fantastic. Our recent record against them is very good and they've got nothing left to play for this season.

They have a few players that could cause problems in Agbonlahoor and Carew. If we underestimate them, they could do a sly 1-0'er on us. We need to start getting some momentum going for the PSV games. In 05 we were beating Juve one day and then losing to Palace on another. Hopefully we get some more consistency this time around.

Reina

Arbeloa      Carragher     Agger

Finnan                                                Riise               

Gerrard   Alonso   Sissoko

Kuyt          Bellamy

I'm extremely confident that that team would comfortably be able to beat Villa. Infact I wouldn't be that surprised to see Mascherano and Fowler involved more prominently that most might think.

I think a comfortable 2-0 win for us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:42 pm

Aston Villa are playing tonight so I can imagine Rafa will be their having a watch to see how Arsenal get on against them and maybe see some weaknesses.

I can see a comfortable win against them we always seem to play well when there has been a break between games and the players are fresh.

I think a 3 nil win.   :D

Reina

Finnan            Carragher            Agger            Risse

Pennant        Gerrard                Alonso            Gonzalez

Kuyt                    Bellamy
KRobbo10

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 pm

That would be my starting 11 and formation St Mick.

On the bench:
Dudek
Hyypia/Aurelio
Masherano
Pennant
Fowler

3-1 at home earlier on in the season, but its a game where we should (imean should ) walk away with 3 points

nuff said really.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Agree with St. Michael and RIW - I really believe this to be our best formation with the current personnel - Arbeloa seems pretty capable from what I've seen so far - would like another look at Mascherano too. I can't see too many problems with this one - a win by a couple clear goals.
dutchman

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:58 pm

After watching the highlights of their game against Arsenal last night, if we don't beat this shower of :censored: on Sunday I'll be really really disappointed. Villa are pi$$ poor, their midfield is nonexistant.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:08 pm

this is a must win. gooners now 2 points ahead of us with a game in hand (and i lose a load of money if the goons beat us)

Villa are a very ordinary looking team, and a team we really should beat by a good couple of goals!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm

After 2 home defeats on the trot (Barca WAS a defeat)and no goals, we need a convincing win at Villa. I would play Robbie, Kuyt and Bellamy up front with a midfield of Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano in a 4-3-3 formation.
account deleted by request

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:36 pm

got a funny feeling sami might start to keep carew quite

pepe
finnan        carra    sami      fabio
pennant     SG     mascarno   jar
             bellamy   kuyt
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby kop11 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 pm

reina

finnan     carra     agger   risse

mascherano

alonso               sissoko

gerrard

kuyt           bellamy

could give that ago!! i dont belive it has been ever tested?? or maybe used in a pre season warm up match
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby Elchris » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Carew is their biggest threat on goal...agbonlahor has  good speed but i think our defence will be able to cope with them. i expect a comfortable win with kuyt on the scoresheet :;):
Elchris

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Hopefully we walk out of villa park with all 3 points but they wont be easy. Gareth Barry is a great player and will cause problems down the left whether he is playing lb or lm. John Carew is a great striker and Ashley Young from watford was a great signing and will too cause us problems. Not really bothered about how much we win just that we do. id settle for 1-0 Gerrard

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Just seem some blert on LFC.TV saying they "outplayed" us for 80mins at Villa Park last season, not sure where he was that day because it wasnt Villa Park, we werent great but were more than comfortable whole game with the two late goals being deserved.

Aston Villa are like your typical album filler. Nobody would even notice if they just disappeared.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Crouchamania » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:41 am

Villa have got some good players, such as Barry, Young, Agbonlahor (or whatever his name is :D ) and Carew is a lethal finisher. I still say we'll be too good for them though and we should win by at least 2 goals. As long as we keep their best players quiet we should have little problem.

3-1 Fowler Kuyt and Bellamy
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby E.Jack You Late » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Some of the chaps need more games than they have had:

Reina

Arbeloa        Carragher      Agger      Aurelio

Gerrard         Sissoko   Mascherano  Gonzalez

Kuyt         Fowler

Subs:

Bellamy
Pennant
Alonso
Hyypia
Dudek
E.Jack You Late

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 pm

I really want to see Mascherano given a chance tomorrow in the game. To give him a good run, playing with Gerrard and Alonso. He needs a game or two, and against Villa he should give them a hard time in the middle. I think with the back line playing the way they are, we should get a 2-0 win as St. Mike has said.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion