ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL - Big test

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:49 pm

RedRoots wrote:I wasn't watching the match, why was Garcia taken off?

Garcia took a knock to the back of the knee mate, think it was McCann who done it and he got the free kick! Garcia played on for a good 10 minute's or so afterward's, so it shouldn't be too serious, hopefully, since he is gaining back some form it would be a bit of a blow.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:51 pm

I also forgot to say the I felt sorry for Cisse, chucked out to right midfield again. You can really tell by his body language that he doesn't feel comfortable playing there, but even at that he was still a huge threat to Villa without even doing anything lol.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:52 pm

crouch made the difference in this game. villa defenders didnt know what to do with him, hence the penalty and he created a distraction for xabis goal :D . Carra man of the match. he stopped most of villas plays and made baros look ridiculous.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby RedRoots » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:52 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
RedRoots wrote:I wasn't watching the match, why was Garcia taken off?

Garcia took a knock to the back of the knee mate, think it was McCann who done it and he got the free kick! Garcia played on for a good 10 minute's or so afterward's, so it shouldn't be too serious, hopefully, since he is gaining back some form it would be a bit of a blow.

I see, it looked like a strange substitution on paper considering his recent form, I don't understand why he put Zenden on for him though, Kewell would have been a better choice IMO.
RedRoots

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:52 pm

Stoney for 7 million mate whatever the reason 15 games i think he has played now ....i expect far more than what he gives.......he cant even head the ball at 6ft 7 for :censored: sake
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:56 pm

3 points and our first away win. Yesssss! Pompey next at home.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby gato_busta » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:56 pm

Quote (KOP-1892 @ Nov. 05 2005,14:49)
Quote (RedRoots @ Nov. 05 2005,14:45)
I wasn't watching the match, why was Garcia taken off?

I see, it looked like a strange substitution on paper considering his recent form, I don't understand why he put Zenden on for him though, Kewell would have been a better choice IMO.

he probably had last season on mind and doesn't want kewell to get injured again. getting him fit one step at a time
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby JohnBull » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:58 pm

Crouch was the reason we won - if you cannot see that then your fooling yourself to prove a VERY sad point
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:01 pm

you see that's why Rafa likes the 4-5-1 formation because he knew that our striker can't kick goals and it's once again the midfielders who do the work, so putting an extra midfielder (goal kicker) is better than 2 strikers.
oakton

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Player Ratings:

Pepe Reina: 8 Very solid and epitomizes confidence. Only question mark on paying too much attention to the offside decisions in which Villa were played onside and almost scored.

Steve Finnan: 7 Routine performance. Kept Villa's left flank in his pocket. Good attacking contribution.

Sami Hyypia: 8 One of his more composed performance. Kept his cool in many attempts at offside trap despite clearly losing a lot of speed.

Jamie Carragher: 9 My man of the match. Epitomizes team spirit and confidence. Sublime attempts at offside traps and made several crucial last ditch tackles. Perfect. Only downside is the lack of goals from him. :D

John-Arne Riise: 7 Routine performance on the left. Made decent attempts at attacking forays.

Steven Gerrard: 7 Only stepped up the gear in the last quarter of the second half in he pressed the team forward as well as scoring the crucial penalty.

Momo Sissoko: 6 Certainly not one of his best I've seen in the red shirt. Despite doing decently in midfield, he was guilty of losing possession a couple of times as well as falling too easily. Yellow carded in the second half for a foolish tackle too.

Xabi Alonso: 7 Another composed performance from the Spaniard.   Strung up sublime passes as well as sealing up the game with a wonderful finish. Only downside is the foolish shirt pull which earned him a yellow card.

Luis Garcia: 6 Guilty of cheaply giving away possession like his usual self and not making enough attacking contributions.

Djibril Cisse: 5 Another dismal performance from the Frenchman. Unable to calmly finish a 1on1, as well as being unable to make useful runs, in which his speed is totally wasted. Need to get his act together and stop moaning and groaning.

Fernando Morientes: 6 Poor attacking contribution to say the least. Showed several great touches but apart from that, there's nothing much from him.

Bolo Zenden: 8 Came on and showed great versatility on the left. Strung a few sublime crosses into the box which should have ended in the back of the net. Gave us another useful option.

Peter Crouch: 7 Gave us another option and allowed Liverpool to approach the game in another way. Won us the penalty but was unable to finish a couple of chances. Should have got a goal.

Harry Kewell: 6 Did not see much of him but thought he showed some fine touches.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Hiya John Bull mate i,m not saying the penalty wasnt because he got pulled down ....i just think he dosnt offer much...his heading is so poor
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dimshen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Great result! didnt watch the game looking forward to motd and seeing this "match winning performance" from crouchy, top half at last!
Dimshen

Postby Kukilon » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:10 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Player Ratings:

Pepe Reina: 8 Very solid and epitomizes confidence. Only question mark on paying too much attention to the offside decisions in which Villa were played onside and almost scored.

Steve Finnan: 7 Routine performance. Kept Villa's left flank in his pocket. Good attacking contribution.

Sami Hyypia: 8 One of his more composed performance. Kept his cool in many attempts at offside trap despite clearly losing a lot of speed.

Jamie Carragher: 9 My man of the match. Epitomizes team spirit and confidence. Sublime attempts at offside traps and made several crucial last ditch tackles. Perfect. Only downside is the lack of goals from him. :D

John-Arne Riise: 7 Routine performance on the left. Made decent attempts at attacking forays.

Steven Gerrard: 7 Only stepped up the gear in the last quarter of the second half in he pressed the team forward as well as scoring the crucial penalty.

Momo Sissoko: 6 Certainly not one of his best I've seen in the red shirt. Despite doing decently in midfield, he was guilty of losing possession a couple of times as well as falling too easily. Yellow carded in the second half for a foolish tackle too.

Xabi Alonso: 7 Another composed performance from the Spaniard.   Strung up sublime passes as well as sealing up the game with a wonderful finish. Only downside is the foolish shirt pull which earned him a yellow card.

Luis Garcia: 6 Guilty of cheaply giving away possession like his usual self and not making enough attacking contributions.

Djibril Cisse: 5 Another dismal performance from the Frenchman. Unable to calmly finish a 1on1, as well as being unable to make useful runs, in which his speed is totally wasted. Need to get his act together and stop moaning and groaning.

Fernando Morientes: 6 Poor attacking contribution to say the least. Showed several great touches but apart from that, there's nothing much from him.

Bolo Zenden: 8 Came on and showed great versatility on the left. Strung a few sublime crosses into the box which should have ended in the back of the net. Gave us another useful option.

Peter Crouch: 7 Gave us another option and allowed Liverpool to approach the game in another way. Won us the penalty but was unable to finish a couple of chances. Should have got a goal.

Harry Kewell: 6 Did not see much of him but thought he showed some fine touches.

Cisse should of scored but he should not be given as low as a five. He still created quite a few chances.

Crouch was great. He has to be cursed. It looks like he either fell by himself or tried to make a header when he got the penalty. Clearly not a penalty.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Kukilon wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:Player Ratings:

Cisse should of scored but he should not be given as low as a five. He still created quite a few chances.

I think all of the analysis is SPOT on.

Cissé is a horrible footballer....his touch and football brain are terrible....he is erratic and needs 50 chances before he scores a goal.

He's only proven in Le Championnat, and has done well for the French national team recently against average teams.

I don't think his injury has anything to do with it, it's clear Cissé is clumsy and not for Liverpool. He doesn't look like a team player to me either because he simply doesn't have the intelligence, nor the skill to be one.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:18 pm

ok i wil leave the Crouch bashing alone considering one or two of you think hes the dogs b0llocks and woth the money.I want him desperately to do well........just hope i,m not saying told you so.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion