no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:where the goal-scoring burden can largely fall to Torres, Gerrard and Babel, taking the pressure off of him.

I agree mostly (for once  :D ) with it Bob, but not this bit. I think Kuyt has been playing well of late, but I don't see how you can say the burden of scoring goals lies with Babel (left winger) but not Kuyt (right winger).

Gerrard and Torres yes, but if the goal-scoring burden is going to lie with Babel playing as a winger surely it has to lie with Kuyt as well. That's one of your problems with Pennant, he doesn't score enough from right wing, yet your excusing Kuyt for the same reason ???

No, I'm not trying to excuse him GBJH--in a perfect world, Kuyt would pull his weight with the goal-scoring as much as the other three attackers.  In this world, however, Kuyt is a little goal-shy, as we all know.  In a conventional 4-4-2 this seems to inhibit him because expectations are high for him to chip in the with the goals.  In the 4-2-3-1, the goal-scoring gets shared around a bit more and takes some of the burden off Kuyt's shoulders.  I still don't think he scores enough to be in our starting 11 but, of late, his hard graft and set-up play have been very useful, making him a better selection, on present form, than Pennant for the "inside right" berth of this formation.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:48 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think Kuyt should dye his hair.

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:where the goal-scoring burden can largely fall to Torres, Gerrard and Babel, taking the pressure off of him.

I agree mostly (for once  :D ) with it Bob, but not this bit. I think Kuyt has been playing well of late, but I don't see how you can say the burden of scoring goals lies with Babel (left winger) but not Kuyt (right winger).

Gerrard and Torres yes, but if the goal-scoring burden is going to lie with Babel playing as a winger surely it has to lie with Kuyt as well. That's one of your problems with Pennant, he doesn't score enough from right wing, yet your excusing Kuyt for the same reason ???

No, I'm not trying to excuse him GBJH--in a perfect world, Kuyt would pull his weight with the goal-scoring as much as the other three attackers.  In this world, however, Kuyt is a little goal-shy, as we all know.  In a conventional 4-4-2 this seems to inhibit him because expectations are high for him to chip in the with the goals.  In the 4-2-3-1, the goal-scoring gets shared around a bit more and takes some of the burden off Kuyt's shoulders.  I still don't think he scores enough to be in our starting 11 but, of late, his hard graft and set-up play have been very useful, making him a better selection, on present form, than Pennant for the "inside right" berth of this formation.

Fair enough then, just as long as it's not one rule for one and another for others.

Kuyt's been performing well of late, then again Pennant starts and Pennant scores (allbeit with a massive chunk of good fortune)

I had a go at Benitez for dropping Aurellio after he scored and I'll do the same if Pennant is dropped for Inter. People might say "we have to defend over there and Pennant isn't good enough tracking back" but with a 2-0 lead, we need goal threats. They only need a goal in each half, so I'd like to see have some attacking options playing and for me (if not the majority of people) Pennant offers more going forward than Kuyt. So I'd like Pennant to play against Inter.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:55 pm

During the Newcastle game, Kuyt was putting on his shirt and showed his bare chest for a few brief seconds.

The girls went wild.

And by "wild" of course I mean "silent"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:21 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think Kuyt should dye his hair.

isn't it dyed blonde?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:28 am

Or maybe he should just shave his head ?? and emmigrate to an island where football is banned
holylamb2006

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:36 am

Thingy wrote:Which ever way you look at it , he is simply not good enough. Yes he works hard but what else? Dosent score enough, dosent create enough. His attitude and work rate is great and I wish some other players were the same, but sadly thats there only things i wish they had of his. No other team who wanna win the league would keep him, why should we?

dirk has been awesome last 3-4 games mabye rafa has found his place in team at last not all players can play same postion in each league in world.

Mabye this right/left winger/forward role is the best way he can play in the prem he seems to enjoy it and he can really cross the ball well as good as penent from what i have seen.

Also would you wanna play vs him if you was a left/right back i know i wouldnt he has a awesome engine he can run for 90 and still looks fresh(well he looks like sh.it but i meen he still has energy).  :eyebrow

I would keep him for at least 1 more season still bring in another class winger/forward player and see what happens cos atm we only get 5 mil ish for him but if we give him 1 more season we might get more for him if he plays better.

But overall i liek him alot he got great heart and i like that in a player he seems humble and trys his hardest every game which is more then i can say about alot of prem players nowa days and for that i take my hat of to him keep up the good work dirk.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:48 am

He has not been awesome, stop overrating him!
His first touch is still very ordinary.
oakton

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 pm

oakton wrote:His first touch is still very ordinary.

So is Jamie Carragher's...should we get rid of him?
John Toshack, former Liverpool legend, couldn't control a bag of cement at his feet, but did a job.

I keep saying this, I don't like Kuyt, I think he's a waste of time personally, but I can see why others do like him.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Penguins » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm

How can you even compare strikers with defenders?

If a defender works his :censored: off, has great tackling, defensive awareness, aggression and anticipation it's all well in my book as long as he can make a pass to someone else nearby.
having a good 1st touch isn't what comes as majorly important
for a central defender!

But if a striker has those attributes, I couldn't care less.
A striker should first and foremost produce!

He should be a goalthreat always. His skill level should be very high, he should be able to trap a ball every time.
His vision should be top notch and a creative force throughout the game. Kuyt has cost more than any defender we have bought but he still has a similar 1st touch as Carragher.
Even in these last games he still has shown he works his :censored: of but still lacks pace, goal threat, 1st touch, creativity.

Just because he right now plays for the club and is an honest lad etc etc, doesn't mean he is above critisism. And even though I hope he scores when he plays doesn't make me a bad supporter in saying I want him gone after the game is played.

He is not Liverpool standard in a million years and the sooner
people realize that the better.
Just can't fall in love with every player that walks into the club and shows a great work rate.

Unless you look for quality in a player we we always be stuck in mediocrity. Just cause he had a half decent 1st season
and nothing more doesn't mean it's ok to never score for a season and still be good enough to get another season.
Torres is miles better in every aspect and even if he is class in so many areas doesn't mean he doesn't work hard also.

BUT it does show that working hard should just be a part of a players game and not the only part!

Same thing with Alonso really.
I really think he is a player with a great technique and has nice passing skill and his 1st season at the club was just great.
But once his lack of pace was found out by other teams
he has just gone backwards for 2 seasons now and isn't getting the time on the ball that he needs.

And just the notion of suggesting that if little money was available this summer, Alonso could be sold to buy a winger or a striker should be called heresy.
We are stacked in the middle of the field and Alonso would fetch a lot of money which we might need.
He might not be sold at all but for a player that hasn't really taken a step forward for 2 seasons, it wouldn't be unthinkable if we are low on cash.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:14 pm

kuyt has a better first touch then carra..who the fu,ck are you kidding mate....infact his first touch is nowhere near as bad as people on here make out
at the end of the day the guy swets blood every minute he is on the pitch for us and our team so the least we could do is not slag him off every chance we get
personally i would sell him and voronin and replace them with a top class forward and i would wish him all the best in the future, but i would not be dissapointed if he stayed
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:49 pm

RedBlood wrote:kuyt has a better first touch then carra..who the fu,ck are you kidding mate....infact his first touch is nowhere near as bad as people on here make out
at the end of the day the guy swets blood every minute he is on the pitch for us and our team so the least we could do is not slag him off every chance we get
personally i would sell him and voronin and replace them with a top class forward and i would wish him all the best in the future, but i would not be dissapointed if he stayed

:bowdown
yeah you think he plays for thr manc bas.t.ards way people speak about him disgraceful you lot are shame on you.

bet you wasnt thinking bad things about him when he scored that pen was you nob ends.  :no
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 pm

He's hardworking he's quite quick he can cross a brilliant ball ...
While were playing the 4-5-1 system Kuyt is making a decent winger suprisingly
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm

I agree with you Penguins 100% his not Liverpool standard, anyone wants him for 5mil+ good riddance I say
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion