9%
Give him another season
27%
Keep playing him until he scores
5%

Total votes : 139

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:12 pm

imouthep wrote:
On top of his game Crouch was a regular for england and Liverpool and what has damaged crouch the most was the season coming to an end and the new season beginning. He hasnt been given the chance to play and perform that kuyt has and so if he plays the odd game and fails to score it (for some unknown reason) adds ammunition to the people who dont rate the guy as a reason to get rid.

My one criticism of Peter Crouch actually has nothing to with the man.It's simply the rest of the team when crouch plays seem to boom long ball after long ball in his direction and we hope for some flick or something.It's ugly,ugly football and I detest it. We have such brilliant passers of the ball and as soon as crouchy comes on it's aerial mode.He is very handy with his feet is crouch and I would like to see more of an arsenal approach with adebayor.Carpet football all the way.I'm not saying that this tactic is not useful to mean this league we are going to need to win ugly but I would like to see us mix it up more when crouchy comes on. Give him a few balls on his feet and see what happens.

With Kuyt I think he has found his position he aint prolific yet but out wide seems to suit him and he's improving.I just can't see him as a long term solution though (would love to be wrong and he starts banging them) I just don't think he has a) the flair b)the pace c)the goal scoring in him. I have no doubt that he loves the club but so do I,give me number 25 and I would run like bitch for the club.But I am not world class and neither is Dirk imo. I'm nnot slating him I'm just trying to give my hinest opinion. So I would look to keep him as an option on the bench but no more i feel.

The team plays better without having the target man, not that I think Crouch fills the role that well anyhow. None of the top sides employ such a one dimensional attacker, he is poor in the air and while he hits some great strikes he misses as many.

As for Kharhaz's comments, Crouch on top of his game? Don't make me laugh. In 2006/7 he managed 18 goals in 49 appearances which is nearly half his overall goals. He hit a couple of decent scoring spells that season, but the stats don't lie. Maybe Kuyt has got a fair crack of the whip by comparison, but then Liverpool have won 58% of their games that Kuyt has played and only 52% with Crouch. Liverpool have also lost 19% with Crouch in the side compared to only 13% with Kuyt, goals or no goals the team seems to be doing better with Kuyt so stick with it.

As for England, he was never a regular for England, he merely filled in for absentees Owen and/or Rooney. He filled his boots with goals against sometimes less than mediocre opposition and fair play to him, however he looks out of his depth against top sides and his so far impressive international record will eventually look more like his Liverpool record. That's maybe a sad indictment of international football, you play maybe two decent teams all qualifying and maybe two or three in the finals. He scores plenty against teams in Europe, not the top clubs mind
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:17 pm

If we kept Cisse this season instead of lettign him go to Marseille, then we could have stuck him on the right wing instead of Kuyt. Kuyt doesnt suit this new formation. He hasn't got pace, his desicion making is poor, and he doesnt score goals.

But I must applaud his hard work and effort.

I say get rid of Kuyt next season.
Yari7

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Yari7 wrote:I say get rid of Kuyt next season.

next season?  more like at the end of this one
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Judge wrote:

Yeah, i meant to say get rid of him before next season.
Yari7

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Judge wrote:

good job, or we may have to reconsider your membership on here :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Judge wrote:
Yari7 wrote:
Judge wrote:

good job, or we may have to reconsider your membership on here :D

:laugh:
give him 10 more years. u never know he might reach the 20 goals by then  :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Dirk Kuyt is the best man we have until we buy someone who performs his role better.

Until then, Rafa gets my full backing whilst developing these new formations. When he´s satisfied he´s found the formation and pattern, if he doesnt think Kuyt is the man to max the strategy I´m sure it will be easy Jet flight EZ657 straight back to Amsterdam for him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 pm

The way I look at it he is being played as a pacy hard working right attacking midfielder, his entire career he has been a go to up front striker, hardly think his poor season is his fault, along with his well documented personal problems, I am hoping he gets a fair shot at his favourite position before we start talking about getting rid of him. Do we need to get rid of Kuyt, or do we need to find a player who can play the position he is getting stuck in?
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby oakton » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:35 am

yes get rid of him for more funding, then we can get a better right winger.
oakton

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:44 am

bring in aaron lennon, he can play anywhere across midfield or the wing, plus he's very technically good
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:08 pm

kuyt isnt a finisher and has very bad positioning IMO. he is just everywhere. i reckon someone like cisse or sinama would have done a better job in the current position kuyt is playing as they have skills to outwit their marker and dribble.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Kuyt is a square peg in a round hole.  He can't score to save his life and he's being played as a right winger.  We need a quality right winger and Kuyt can provide part of the funding for this by being sold.  Crouch's sale will go towards our new striker, we are fooked if Torres gets injured.
Rockthekop

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 pm

i honestly believe given the chance voronin would do a better job than kuyt as a striker :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:47 pm

I still think it was a mistake to get rid of Baros, I really liked him as a player and think he could have played well with Torres.
heimdall

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm

heimdall wrote:I still think it was a mistake to get rid of Baros, I really liked him as a player and think he could have played well with Torres.

Baros' problem was that he couldn't link up with any strike partner - played with his head down and had no awareness of the players around him.

That said he had good pace, was a reasonable finisher and had a good work rate.  We got the best out of him playing as a lone striker because his movement meant he coluld occupy a back 4.

He'd be ok back-up for Torres but no way would he be a good partner.  Anmd even at that there are better players we could sign as backup.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion