9%
Give him another season
27%
Keep playing him until he scores
5%

Total votes : 139

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:10 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
oakton wrote:His first touch is still very ordinary.

So is Jamie Carragher's...should we get rid of him?
John Toshack, former Liverpool legend, couldn't control a bag of cement at his feet, but did a job.

I keep saying this, I don't like Kuyt, I think he's a waste of time personally, but I can see why others do like him.

i couldnt control a bag of cement either, too f'ucking heavy

if you can find any player on the planet who can do that - name him
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Magz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Well lately Kuyt > Rooney. I'm not even joking.:D
Magz

Postby Interrrrrrrrrr » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 pm

SPOT ON DIRK>>>>>SHREK

We at Inter we all dream about Dirk Kuyt. Simply a fantastic player. I would die to see him play in black and blue. Please God let it happen. What you guys like only needed 12 million pounds to get this beast of a player? Incredible.
I can only dream though. DIRK KUYT Unreal first touch and shots.  He makes me cry of happiness. They should make a movie... the unbelievable pursuit of Dirk….
Last edited by Interrrrrrrrrr on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interrrrrrrrrr

Postby harper_thecarlsons » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm

flog him for nothing he is the worst piece of s....h..it i have ever seen in my life the ugly b..as...ta...rd!
harper_thecarlsons

Postby Seano Kop » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Dirk's beginning to find his feet. Gerat to see, because he really can be a great player. His first touch is improving, while Lucas' is diminishing (altho he's still very young), his crossing has been good, and he's even doing some great tricks!
Seano Kop

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:56 pm

to the sound of tears for fears shout

kuyt kuyt
get the f'uck out
you are the guy we can do with out
come on
im talking to you, come on

:D  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:16 pm

You sing that by yourself and he'll climb those Anfield seats and whack you one across the mouth sweeter than his strike against Inter Milan in the first leg!
Seano Kop

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 am

if he rekindles that form in holland matey, then my attitude towards him will change

im not the only one who thinks kuyt is coming up short.

bit part scoring is not what will give liverpool the title mate, especially as his strength is supposed to be a striker. there is much better out there, and you know it.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:50 am

Kuyt had a good season last season. If Kuyt could recapture his form in Holland or even his form last season, then I would say keep him. I would rather keep Crouch than Kuyt and get another striker in, because Crouch gives you an option that no other player does.
Yari7

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Yari7 wrote:Kuyt had a good season last season. If Kuyt could recapture his form in Holland or even his form last season, then I would say keep him. I would rather keep Crouch than Kuyt and get another striker in, because Crouch gives you an option that no other player does.

missing chance after chance including headers , well at least kuyt runs and tracks back and puts in decent crosses
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:35 pm

I find the constant comparison of Kuyt and Crouch quite funny, neither has been prolific and both miss chances. Crouch is approaching 100 goalless games for Liverpool and Kuyt no doubt will get there just as fast. Kuyt does more on the ball, despite popular myths about what Crouch 'offers', but the crux is who creates or scores enough to be a striker at Liverpool and the truth is that neither has done enough.

Best to see what we can get for either or both.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBM » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Quality player who has struggled with the extra pace of the English League, IMO doesn't suit the
4-2-3-1 formation at all but like Crouch/Kewell/Risse etc wouldn't sell without a world class replacement on the books.
JBM

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:04 am

Owzat wrote:I find the constant comparison of Kuyt and Crouch quite funny, neither has been prolific and both miss chances. Crouch is approaching 100 goalless games for Liverpool and Kuyt no doubt will get there just as fast. Kuyt does more on the ball, despite popular myths about what Crouch 'offers', but the crux is who creates or scores enough to be a striker at Liverpool and the truth is that neither has done enough.

Best to see what we can get for either or both.

On top of his game Crouch was a regular for england and Liverpool and what has damaged crouch the most was the season coming to an end and the new season beginning. He hasnt been given the chance to play and perform that kuyt has and so if he plays the odd game and fails to score it (for some unknown reason) adds ammunition to the people who dont rate the guy as a reason to get rid.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby imouthep » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 am

On top of his game Crouch was a regular for england and Liverpool and what has damaged crouch the most was the season coming to an end and the new season beginning. He hasnt been given the chance to play and perform that kuyt has and so if he plays the odd game and fails to score it (for some unknown reason) adds ammunition to the people who dont rate the guy as a reason to get rid.

My one criticism of Peter Crouch actually has nothing to with the man.It's simply the rest of the team when crouch plays seem to boom long ball after long ball in his direction and we hope for some flick or something.It's ugly,ugly football and I detest it. We have such brilliant passers of the ball and as soon as crouchy comes on it's aerial mode.He is very handy with his feet is crouch and I would like to see more of an arsenal approach with adebayor.Carpet football all the way.I'm not saying that this tactic is not useful to mean this league we are going to need to win ugly but I would like to see us mix it up more when crouchy comes on. Give him a few balls on his feet and see what happens.

With Kuyt I think he has found his position he aint prolific yet but out wide seems to suit him and he's improving.I just can't see him as a long term solution though (would love to be wrong and he starts banging them) I just don't think he has a) the flair b)the pace c)the goal scoring in him. I have no doubt that he loves the club but so do I,give me number 25 and I would run like bitch for the club.But I am not world class and neither is Dirk imo. I'm nnot slating him I'm just trying to give my hinest opinion. So I would look to keep him as an option on the bench but no more i feel.
imouthep

Postby The Kid Torres » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:58 pm

I would make him lie down and have Rik Waller sit on his head for all the times he's had me banging my nugget against the nearest wall.

Seriously though, I respect Kuyt as a person and a professional. He seems a top, top bloke and nobody can question his desire, enthusiasm and work-rate in a red shirt but if Liverpool are to challenge for the title I don't think he should be in our first 11 as he is time and again.

His goals to games ratio for us is really average and although he has been doing a job out on the right for us I don't see it in any way as a permanent solution.

I definately think he's worth a place in the squad bases soley on his work-rate, commitment and the fact that his tireless running creates spaces for more able players, just not worth a place in our best 11.
Last edited by The Kid Torres on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kid Torres

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion