LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Wednesday 2nd february ko 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Lucas was my mom

Thats just wrong....

plain....

wrong....

You might not like him, but Lucas seems to be doing what Kenny wants him to do and is doing it very well at the moment. The lads never complained and plenty of us have been on his back, let's at least say well done when it's due.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Lucas was my mom

Thats just wrong....

plain....

wrong....

:

i know you joke but i honestly think he would take good care of you.

:D

Lucas has been brilliant, and has really come into his own since Mascherano left. He deserves all the praise he gets as he has suffered the "scapegoat" for a long time.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 am

Skrtel and Agger played way further up the pitch than I've ever seen.  Soto played as a deep lying sweeper.  The formation looked more like a 3-5-1-1 or 3-1-5-1.  Kelly and GJ were covering the full length of the pitch but stayed mostly in the central third.  RM,SG, FA, and Lucas did a lot of interchanging and we kept possession like a boss.  Stoke were playing very deep and we were patient. 

I thought we played well in the first half after about 15 or 20 minutes and were unlucky not to go in ahead at HT.  After the first goal we sat back a bit and invited them in (Hodgeson's disease)  but regained the momentum and changed more of a 5-3-2 when Suarez came on.  Good night all around.  Walk On! :buttrock
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:50 am

redtrader74 wrote:You might not like him, but Lucas seems to be doing what Kenny wants him to do and is doing it very well at the moment. The lads never complained and plenty of us have been on his back, let's at least say well done when it's due.

No you misunderstand, Ben said Lucas was his mom.

His mam.

His mother?

I knew what he meant, I was just twisting the words. For what its worth, I have a lot of respect for Lucas.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:58 am

TBH we didn't need a holding midfielder tonight with Carew left on his own up front.  Lucas didn't get as far forward as SG or RM but he played another solid game and I didn't see him put a foot wrong.  Stoke's midfield was non existent tonight and I'd say some of it has to do with how we set up and pressured everywhere on the pitch.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Kharhaz wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:You might not like him, but Lucas seems to be doing what Kenny wants him to do and is doing it very well at the moment. The lads never complained and plenty of us have been on his back, let's at least say well done when it's due.

His mam.

His mother?

I knew what he meant, I was just twisting the words. For what its worth, I have a lot of respect for Lucas.

i knew what you meant mate.

I wish he was my mom  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 am

Kharhaz wrote:

His mam.

His mother?

Whoops, my bad :blush:
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite25 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 am

[CODE]
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:00 am

The atmosphere earlier was one usually reserved for champions league nights ...the Kop was in glorious voice ,the reception for Carroll must have took his breath away ,and the same can be said for when Luis was warming up ..... even the choice of music before kick off was in keeping with this new found euphoria currently sweeping through Anfield... Led Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven seemed like an apt choice :D
Now lets talk about the football ,the succession of precision passes that led  to kuyt's shot on the turn was mesmerising and a real highlight of our ever improving play ..... and Lucas was exceptional   and the catalyst for all that was inventive and smooth about our play ...Kelly was impressive once again ,and Johnson also ...but the lions share of the praise must go to the outstanding Agger and his rampaging runs through the middle of Stokes midfield......and now for the icing on the proverbial cake with the debut of Luis Suarez whose skill alone and running off the ball had me drooling in my seat ....the Lad shows the perception and  football brain akin to Van De Vart and I have the feeling he will soon be the player every top club will deem the one that got away ..... genuinely excited about this little South American he's going to set the Premiership on fire .......... final word goes to the King ...
THANK YOU KENNY DALGLISH for bringing back the football I thought I would never see again  :hearts  :bowdown
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 am

Great, great result.  The only part of the game I thought they had a chance of scoring was when the hit straight at Reina straight after the Suarez goal.  I don't care that Suarez got a bit lucky in getting the goal to go in, in was a perfect run by the kid, a great move around the keep and he will finish cleaner next time.  I thought he played very well.  You could tell he was nervous, but he got his composure, showed us has fancy footwork and to me, it's easy to see the beginning of the next Liverpool legend in the making.

Overall performance was great I thought. Defense actually did well even tho we only had 3 back with the outs pushing up, and we even had Soto playing way up at times whenever the ball was near the box.  I felt comfortable and it was easy to see the confidence.  I'm very excited for Sunday.  Chelsea better watch the feck out, because we are coming to play. Nice to have a positive goal difference for the first time this season.

Dirk Kuyt is my MOTM.  Thought he was pretty solid and saw Suarez's run, played him a perfect pass and helped welcome him to the club.

Well done boys.  :buttrock
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 am

Dirk Kuyt... simply brilliant yesterday !
Everyone else stepped their game considerably as well and I thought they way we set up completely nullified any sort of threat Stoke were ever going to cause us...
Good job Kenny and everyone involved at the club...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

Every LFC outfield player last night completed more passes than the opposition. Pass and move is back. :)
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah that Charlie Nicholas was talking out of his ar"s"e when he said Lpool played a 4411.
Watched the game on Football First on Sky last night, and Kenny went with a 5-3-2.

Spot on Kenny.

Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 pm

5-3-2 or 3-5-2?

I don't think we should play that on Sunday but it worked well last night.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Thought we played well and deserved the win. Special mentions to the Greek (who was immense against Carew), Kelly (excellent again), Lucas (in the form of his life), Kuyt, Mereiles (3 goals in 4 games) and Suarez (who despite being nowhere ner fit showed enough with his touch and movement to convince me he'll be a star here).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games