CARDIFF CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 26 february 2012, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Skrtel like all season, was superb. There is nothing more satisfying in football than seeing someone win the doubters over and become a quality player. Downing had his best game in a Liverpool shirt and Kuyt as per usual popped up in a big game to keep us in it. I felt choked watching him lift the cup as it was his first piece of silverware with Liverpool after 6 years of hard graft.

Some players didn't have their best games for the club but not surprised really as this for some was their first major final against a team that is used to being in the play-offs year in, year out. This game will do them the world of good and looking forward to us getting fourth and winning the FA cup!

Well done Liverpool, I bloody love you!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Shots
11:39
On target
7:19
Corners
3:19
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 pm

the funniest part of the whole post match celebrating on BBC1 was when the little blond kid poked himself in the eye...  classic.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 pm

who was that kid walking up to collect the cup with the lads?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:who was that kid walking up to collect the cup with the lads?

Carraghers kid right?
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Kukilon wrote:

Carraghers kid right?

no idea...there was a little kid with them as they walked up to collect the cup. Was it Carra's lad?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Kukilon wrote:

Carraghers kid right?

no idea...there was a little kid with them as they walked up to collect the cup. Was it Carra's lad?

I think so
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:18 pm

What a day!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 pm

tubby wrote:What a day!

Did you get Bav??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Greavesie wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Kukilon wrote:

Carraghers kid right?

I think so

Yeah I think so too. Think the commentator said that that's Carra's kid.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm

I gave up posting on here during the game, not that i did not think we was going to win, i stated that it was going to go to ET from the start. no i gave up posting on here due to the :censored: being posted about our team and our manager, Red AND Kerry being some of the worse.

we are :censored: Liverpool and it was a final, did you think we was going to win it the easy was.
:censored: lucky some of the named fanswere not at the game as they would have left at half time.

IT was a great footbal game from both sides, both teams never gave up, it was a very open game and yes we could have won it 1-20 by full time but thats never going to happen.

I loved it made feel like a fan again, just what we needed after the last few weeks, well done to both teams.
we won but British football won aswell today.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 am

Unlucky Cardiff. Phew. :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 am

Cardiff got their plans right, ie they came to stubbornly defend, parked about 6 men in their penalty area to frustrate any Liverpool onslaught like all the lesser sides who got their draws with Liverpool at Anfield. That is the way to play against Liverpool nowadays because Liverpool are not clinical in finishing and don't have enough hunger to break down a stubborn defence. Man U were defeated at Anfield because they came to attack.

Though I am happy for Liverpool and for KD especially, it was not a convincing win and that kind of display would not be good enough to finish 4th. I've given up watching live Liverpool PL games and will only watch the remaining FA cup games and hope we can win it, that will make it a satisfactory season. 4th place will be postponed for another season, yes, I know it is still mathematically possible, but I don't think so. Chelsea or Arsenal deserve to finish 4th, they have better players and are more consistent but not Liverpool.
alwayslfc

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Skrtel like all season, was superb. There is nothing more satisfying in football than seeing someone win the doubters over and become a quality player. Downing had his best game in a Liverpool shirt and Kuyt as per usual popped up in a big game to keep us in it. I felt choked watching him lift the cup as it was his first piece of silverware with Liverpool after 6 years of hard graft.

Some players didn't have their best games for the club but not surprised really as this for some was their first major final against a team that is used to being in the play-offs year in, year out. This game will do them the world of good and looking forward to us getting fourth and winning the FA cup!

Well done Liverpool, I bloody love you!

Back from Wembley and Wrighty says almost everything I would say after witnessing us win another piece of silverware  the hard way (as per usual !)

What apparent when you look at the season so far and was further clear today is that we lack the insightful clever pass from Midfield. Whens the last time you saw a Liverpool goal where the scorer has latched onto a threaded pass from the midfield ?

Far too often we rely on an individual piece of skill or a cutback from the byline or a scrambled passage of play in the box to score.

Henderson is young I know and we are as a fanbase notoriously patient with new signings but he has failed so far to make a serious impression in the LFC engine room and although he has been almost ever present needs to start to contribute more to the cause.

Adam was a revelation at Blackpool but has underperformed on a bigger stage at Liverpool and lacks the poise and prescence in the middle of tyhe park.

I know we have missed Lucas in the middle but when you consider that Henderson and Adam are effectively replacements for Alonso and Masca they are a long long way short of those particular 2 midfielders.

Downing had his best performance in a LFC shirt today, lets hope there are many more displays like that before the end of the season.

IMHO we are not playing at the level required to gain 4th unless we step up at least a couple of levels whilst relying on Chelsea and Arsenal to underperform. We play both at home so it's still somewhat in our hands and give ourselves a chance.

I don't want to come over all negative on a Cup winning day as I'm chuffed to bits to see us back at wembley and winning a record breaking 8th League Cup.

Walk on .............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 am

One of the worst games I've ever seen Gerrard play. Thought he had a shocker.

Special mention to Downing though. That's the player I've wanted to see since day one. Easily our best player. We still commit nowhere near enough men forward from midfield though to get on the end of his crosses.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games